• Published 28th Oct 2023
  • 162 Views, 2 Comments

Magic In The Wrong Hands - gamernerd717



The sorcerer who had previously taken the CMC’s cutie marks couldn’t have done it without powerful magic, but where did the magic come from?

  • ...
 2
 162

Digging A Little Deeper

The sorcerer had found the power he was looking for, but in opening the book had also opened the door to so many more questions he needed answers to. He first decided to focus on the matter of the ancient civilization.

“If this book brought me this power, it surely could bring me some type of clue as to what happened here”, the sorcerer thought out loud.

He studied the book’s illustrations meticulously, trying hard to find any sort of connection in the vast array of pages the book presented itself with. Alas, after what felt like hours searching through, a clue presented itself to the sorcerer.

In the book, there was a picture of one singular being. One who looked much more powerful than every other member of this species.

Then, after reexamining the illustrations in the book, on the cave walls, and the strange crystalline structures, the sorcerer finally pieced everything together.

A being who had absorbed all the magic in the book for himself. He had used the magic to assert dominance over the rest of his kind, which had led to their extinction. The spells in the book were scattered about as a means to separate them from this being. The cave was constructed from the sole survivor as a means to hide the book from the world, and those crystalline structures were what was used to create those illustrations on the cave walls.

“At last, it all makes sense. This book was hidden to prevent access to the spells in its pages. And now, I have found it. Now, I must journey to a place where I can use this magic to my own ends. A place where no one would dare to stand against me, and I think I know exactly where that place is. I believe it was called Equestria”

Indeed, it was. Getting there, however, would be a whole different story.

Author's Note:

Yeah, this one was sort of thrown together. Can’t say it’s one of my best, but I wanted to make sure I could speed things along quicker to prevent dragging the story. Sorry if it seems super expository.

Next chapter will tackle the sorcerer’s arrival in Equestria.