• Published 4th May 2024
  • 178 Views, 29 Comments

Castlevania: Magic of Friendship - WiltedBloom2013

  • ...
 29
 178

Chapter 6: We are one and we are many... we are Legion.

Scootaloo exited the save room and saw Alucard standing beside the door, leaning on the wall. "So what happened? You went and fought something and soon after it started, the leap stone and those wings appeared," Alucard asked as Scootaloo shook his head, not seeming to want to talk about it, "We should get going, we should head downwards to keep preparing for the fight against Apple Bloom and Death," Scootaloo said with a newfound chill that also had hints of... unfamiliarity.

The group went a little deeper, finding another new area which Scootaloo called the Fiery Pits. As its name suggests... it's fiery and reminds Scootaloo of the pits of Tartarus. Scootaloo using her rapier to basically carelessly attack the monsters... okay, something is going on with Scootaloo.

"Scootaloo, are you okay?" Alucard asked.

"Never better," Scootaloo replied her voice not exactly making that clear.

"I'm concerned, until now you were so innocent and child-like... what happened in that fight?"

"You wanna know that bad? I saw death and decay. I saw Twilight's castle replaced by a bubble of nothing... I saw a rocket firing, punching, giant metal ape called a Galleom. There." She said in mild annoyance, "Now let's hurry. Apple Bloom and Death aren't going to wait forever." Scootaloo said as she kept walking... or well... trotting in her case. Scootaloo used her teleport to get onto a high up ledge, grabbing a Life up by doing so.

Alucard was starting to be very concerned by this odd new persona that Scootaloo had become.


All the ponies were watching in... moderate fear...

"What happened to Scoots!?" Rainbow Dash asked... and yet... no pony, not even Pinkie, understood what had happened.

When Pinkie doesn't even know what happened, that's when you know shit's gone to hell. "Could it be a part of the castle?" Twilight asked as Scootaloo killed a Great Armor(Which looked like a giant version of the Sword Armors), only getting silence as an answer...

Scootaloo kept moving throughout the Tartarus-like area finding a fight against Cerberus that lasted literally two seconds... the ponies and Alucard being baffled... all of them really underestimated how powerful Cerberus would be.

That or Scootaloo fought the Galleom way before she was supposed to.

"Shame that Sweetie Void won't be able to help Scootaloo for around 200 years because she simply doesn't exist at this point..."

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Ahem, Darlings, if Scootaloo is getting strong enough to the point that she can take on a boss by herself, why doesn't she and Alucard just go and take on Death and Apple Bloom?" Rarity asked.

"They prolly ain't ready yet, Rares. Yes, they may have the strength but they may not have the equipment," Applejack responded, to which Rarity nodded in understanding, watching as Scootaloo breaks a wall open and obtained more wall salad.

"And that isn't even c-considering the fact that t-there's still Dracula and Sweetie Belle..." Fluttershy added as Scootaloo broke a candle(why are there candles in a place filled with fire?) to get the axe subweapon, which is thrown in a downwards arc for Scootaloo, she grabs the holy water back and lets Alucard get the axe. Not even sure what's real or not anymore and Alucard casually destroys a wall and comes back to Scootaloo holding a sword he calls Rahab's Frost saying "This was better than that 'Master Blade' anyways" as they moved on.

As the ponies watched there were a number of things that Scootaloo and Alucard did... mainly fight and defeat monsters to prepare for the eventual fight against Granfaloon/Legion. As this went through, Scootaloo just seemed relieved that the monsters were dying, more of those "Elemental" enemies(Scootaloo learned that they were called Shades and the ice ones were called Frozen Shades) which were called Burning Shades. It also wasn't long before an armor with a discus, a Discus Armor, was encountered and defeated, proving to deal much damage if you get hit by the discus but not much otherwise.

Fight fight fight, kill kill kill. This story is filled with this bs ain't it? Well, trust that the number of monsters they fight is much larger than you read about.

Anyways...


Scootaloo killed one last Shade, a Poison Shade, and trotted past a picture of Sweetie Belle, slashing it in the process.


Sweetie Belle watched that picture get slashed, through the screen Dracula had, with a sweat drop on her head... oh how she'd fucked up by underestimating how long Scootaloo'd survive.


Alucard looked at the actions Scootaloo had done and by now had stopped asking questions... better to not question what he won't understand. A few minutes later and we have another split, Scootaloo starts trotting down one path automatically, "What, hey, let's plan who takes what path first," Alucard said but Scootaloo only turned and said, "I take this path, you take the other, if we run into a dead end, then we come back here and head down the other's path, got it?" Which caused Alucard to nod and walk down his path.

Scootaloo's path was filled with monsters of various types... anyone seeing a pattern here? She fought and fought and fought. Each and every monster killed was relieving for her and she even got a drop from a Discus Armor which can replace her current armor(Which was the Copper Breastplate she had since the Memory Museum) for a huge boost to her defenses.

She even found a room with a chest! However, upon closer inspection, the chest was actually a mimic to lure Scootaloo close... it died soon after that fatal error, dropping a big bag of money! There was a real chest in a room hidden by a wall though, that one having a slice of cake!

And Scootaloo went through room after room, enemy after enemy, getting stronger with each experience point earned, just to be certain she'll be ready for whatever the boss of the Fiery Pits is. Because she does not consider Cerberus the boss because of how easily it fell. Albeit she also didn't exactly give it a chance to attack, just jumping straight in with a Dash Attack... oh well.

After a number of rooms filled with enemies, Scootaloo found the boss room, "Heh, that's a first, My path led to the boss room," she said aloud and waited on Alucard by leaning against a wall, having plenty enough hearts to make it through the fight here.


Scootaloo and Alucard enter the room and watch as the ball of dead bodies known as Granfaloon or Legion goes up and floats. Alucard starts chucking axes at Granfaloon, hurting each of its sections. Bodies fall off of it and Scootaloo deals with them by attacking with either Fatal Wind or Infernal Darkness and it isn't long before one of its laser firing tendrils is revealed, more work to get rid of each and every section only for Alucard to be caught off guard by a laser that wasn't even telegraphed! He landed on the ground, badly hurt as Scootaloo took it upon herself to attack Legion...

Only for everything to go blindingly bright.


Scootaloo reflected on the memory, knowing better than to get close to it this time. Alucard having made it, ready for the fight against Granfaloon. "We can't get close to Legion, we'll have to use our subweapons and magic to do damage," Scootaloo said, entering the boss room.


As Scootaloo and Alucard entered the room, the first thing the ponies noticed was the large pit of faceless bodies... "Oh no! It's as if this is some grim foreshadowing to some super creepy boss monster!" Pinkie said she watch a part of the pit started to rise.

"Is... are... is that a ball of corpses...?" Twilight asked as the "ball of corpses" rises up... in the air, despite none of the corpses making it having mouths, it speaks by saying, "More have come to join the collective. We are one... we are many... we are Legion!"

"Ah don't think that's just a ball of corpses Twi..." Applejack said as Alucard threw an axe at Legion. "Oh... those poor people died just to become a part of a monster..." Fluttershy said while looking as one of the axes broke a section off causing lots of the faceless corpses to fall and come to life!

"Uh... weren't those dead before?" Rainbow said as Scootaloo made sure the corpses died... again. "They should have been if they were corpses, goodness," Rarity replied with... mild digust that such a monster as Legion could even exist.

Alucard crouched down and suddenly a group of spirits appeared and rushed towards segments of Legion, impressing Twilight despite her unease about Legion as a whole.


Scootaloo's dash attack cleared out the second wave of corpses as she lit her horn to attempt that spell, Petra Spirit, only to be met with the usual result, Hellfire. At least some more fallen corpses were killed in the process.

Alucard threw another axe as his Petra Spirits vanished, destroying more sections and even damage the core a little. Over this period, Legion started preparing a laser from a tendril... not that Scootaloo and Alucard didn't predict it and dodged with ease. More axes, more spirits, more corpses that Scootaloo destroys.

"Soul Steal!" Scootaloo called out instinctively as small orb like objects went towards her, healing her and damaging the enemies... "Woah, I can do that? Actually, questions later, we have a Legion to kill," she added as she used another dash attack to clear out another wave of corpses.

And Alucard has an idea, he throws the axe towards Scootaloo and she bucks the axe towards Legion, "What the hay, Alucard!?" Scootaloo announced as she hit more and more axes to Legion, each hit dealing plenty of damage.

Alucard smirked at how well his idea worked, "Well well, that was the first time that happened. For a new trick, let's call it a 'Dual Crush,'" he said as Legion's core fell and burned away(to the ponies horror)... giving Scootaloo a smirk herself, "Then I guess we'll have to try many more methods of Dual Crushing involving different subweapons and who starts it," she replied.

The next room had... the Soul of Wolf, "This is where Death hid my wolf form? Why?" Alucard asked as he turned towards Scootaloo equiping the nearby helmet.

"No time to ask questions Alucard, does this wolf form of your's unlock anything?" Scootaloo asked, only getting a shake of Alucard's head, "Then all we have left to really do is either grind out enemies or go and fight Death and Apple Bloom," Scootaloo finished.

"Let's go and finish what we started back in the museum, will you be able to fight an ex-friend?" Alucard asked, to which Scootaloo nods.

They find a save room which takes them back to the entrance and from there they return to Memory Museum and save...


Despite what Scootaloo had expected, fighting Death had been easy... Apple Bloom however... not as much. Her throwing her scythe and shooting giant skulls already were bad enough but through in the light beams and her bone trees and you've got a recipe for a bad time. Not counting the fact that Death uses his scythe in the same way(minus the bone trees) but with a bigger scythe... it was only a matter of time before Alucard died with Scootaloo following short after with a beheading...


Scootaloo walked out to a familiar scene, Alucard swinging his sword against a Sword Armor. "Well, we ready finally?" Alucard asked as Scootaloo nods. "Before we go Alucard, you should know that Apple Bloom can summon giant skulls to chomp us, summon beams of light for some reason, throw her scythe, and summon trees of bone by hitting the ground with her scythe," Scootaloo said grabbing Fatal Wind, her Rapier since before she even met Alucard, and got ready... Apple Bloom and Death have to pay.


Apple Bloom waited with Death as Scootaloo and Alucard entered, "Well well well, welcome Scootaloo and Alucard, ya'll finally arrived, now let's git started 'cause ah know ya'll won't listen," Apple Bloom said as some mini scythes started appearing from thin air, Alucard and Scootaloo split up, Alucard attacking Apple Bloom while Scootaloo attacks Death and, as expected, he entered his second phase not long after the fight started.

Alucard backdashes as he throws an axe and hits Apple Bloom square on the head, before crouching and summoning a set of Petra Spirits, not expecting a second set to have joined his... Scootaloo has learned Petra Spirit... She's becoming one pretty broken little filly.

The two sets of spirits attack Apple Bloom as the beams of light were summoned. Scootaloo was busy dodging all the mini scythes Apple Bloom was summoning, making sure Alucard is okay as well, accidently getting hit by a mini scythe, proving their hassling strength.

When the attacks gave a moment of rest, which was rare, Scootaloo and Alucard grouped up and grabbed a serving of their respective wall food to heal up, Scootaloo attacking Apple Bloom after eating, seemingly causing her to fall down... beaten.

"We... did it. Woo! We beat Death and Apple Bloom!!" Scootaloo entered a celebratory state as the odd device she picked up flashed and suddenly... Apple Bloom was gone. "That won't come back to haunt us... will it?" Scootaloo asked, to which Alucard shrugged.

They exited the room, Alucard's equipment returned and Scootaloo's Aritifical Wings now give her five jumps(One extra jump per beaten boss it seems)... as they returned to the save point.

Author's Note:

Area(s) visited: Fiery Pits

Bosses beaten: Legion, Death and Apple Bloom.

Relic(s) obtained: Soul of Wolf(Allows Alucard to transform into a wolf)

Gimmick learned: Dual Crush(Combines the starting user and the subweapon to create a super powerful attack)

Yes, I used a feature from Portrait of Ruin in a post-SotN section. Also, for those wondering why Apple Bloom now has colored text, I use colored text for characters with both: A signiture color and a special talent. So there's that. The same aituarion will be used for Sweetie Belle.

Also, that device sent Apple Bloom into the chaotic realm, that won't come back to haunt the heroes once Scootaloo's back in Equestria most certainly.