• Published 14th Sep 2023
  • 303 Views, 18 Comments

Civil War - TheKing2001



Aria, Adagio and Sonata investigate the threat on Twilight’s life until the three have a falling out.

  • ...
0
 18
 303

Six


Spitfire


“May Celestia have mercy on my soul.”

Fleetfoot and Soarin glanced over at me as I stretched out on my bed. The two exchanged smirks before I groaned again.

“Long day?” Soarin asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Aria annoys me some days. She doesn’t really work well with others. She screamed at a filly for littering. A filly.”

“Isn’t it her job to like enforce the law?” Fleetfoot asked curiously.

“Screaming at a filly isn’t doing her job, Fleet,” I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“Didn’t you yell at Scootaloo for associating with Lightning Dust?” Misty Fly commented with a grin.

“That was different. Tough love. I care about the filly. Yelling is how dad taught me when I bucked up,” I admitted casually. “And don’t you dare make a comment about me being soft or I’ll show you how soft my hoof feels.”

Misty Fly gulped and nodded as the book next to my temporary bed glowed purple and rattled. I hid a grin and grabbed it, opening the book.

“Sunset?” Blaze asked with a smirk.

“Mhm,” I answered as I grabbed a pen.

Hey, what you up to?

I tapped the pen against my chin before shrugging.

Not much. Just resting. You?

Playing Batman. Cursing out Poison Ivy. She’s a bitch of a boss.

I stared in confusion as I grumbled incoherent words.

What the hell is a Batman? And why are you cussing out a plant?

Superhero in a movie. Has a few video games about him. Poison Ivy is a character. She has a weird control over plants. And is an eco terrorist.

Oh. You are obsessed with those video games. I’ll never understand why.

Well, when I first came through the portal, I didn’t understand hands. Video games helped. You use your fingers for the controller. Video games were my only friend for the longest.

I frowned slightly as I figured out what to say next. If I closed my eyes, I could perfectly imagine Sunset giving her typical sheepish smile and a shrug.

Well, I can relate. Flying and Soarin were my only two friends when I left home. Sunburst can too I bet. After we both left and Starlight ran off, he was practically alone if it wasn’t for Peppermint and that other mare you knew as a filly.

Looks like we all are kinda fucked up lol. I had no idea what lol meant but it must be something good I guess.

I guess. So Hearths Warming is in three months or so. Will you be coming home? Sunburst and I are spending it together this year.

Yeah. I hope I can bring Mom and my siblings. They’d love to see you guys again. Would you two be interested in coming over for Thanksgiving?

I have no idea what that is. And sure, bring the others with.

Thanksgiving is like for spending with family is the easiest way to describe it. Lyra is going to Bon Bons, Derpy has plans with her family out of town both holidays. Rainbow is going out of state too and Applejacks insanely large family is all coming to town.

I’ll see what I can do. I’ll send Sunburst a letter later tonight.

Awesome! So in this world they have a thing called labor day. I thought it was for mothers and shit, so I took Mom and Aunt Berry out to a nice restaurant. Turns out it’s actually a day for workers and shit. Never gonna live that down.

I gave a genuine laugh as I pressed my head against the book. Everypony in the room gave me stunned looks as I raised my head and finished laughing. I heard the faint sound of wings as I pressed the pen to the paper.

Oh sweet Celestia, that’s funny. How’s your video game coming?

I fucking hate this game. Getting fucked six ways till Sunday right now. Fuck Poison Ivy. I gave another rare laugh as I rolled my eyes. She’s a bitch.

Well, good luck. Just get weed killer. A drawing of a laughing pony appeared on the page as I snickered.

I give up. This game is bullshit I snarled slightly and glared at the page.

No the fuck you aren’t. Quitters are cowards. You’re Sunset Shimmer, since when have you ever backed down from a challenge? Get the fuck back in your game or whatever and beat her ass!

You’re damn right. Thanks.

You’re welcome. Now have fun.

Before I go, say I love you. I love ya.

I grumbled and sighed as I slammed a hoof against my chin.

Fine. I love you.

I waited for a response and shrugged, closing the book. Presumably she was busy doing the thing she called a boss fight. I only know the term because of past conversations.

“That was adorable!”

I jumped slightly and looked back in surprise. The few ponies that accompanied me were hovering behind me as Misty Fly grinned.

“Hey! Buck off, that was a private conversation!” I snapped as the others landed nervously at their beds.

“So Soarin. You’ve met Sunset along with High Winds and Surprise. What’s she like?” Fleetfoot asked curiously as she leaned back against the wall.

“You better pick your words carefully,” I said in a quiet voice as I stared at him. Soarin nodded and rolled his eyes.

“Sunset is a unique personality. She and Spitfire are similar in personality. Both very protective, aggressive when necessary I suppose but both very kind hearted. I like her, she’s a nice mare.”

“Ooh got a crush on the Captains sister?” Blaze teased as Soarin and I rolled eyes before looking at each other. I knew he didn’t because we were secretly dating.

“Not even. She’s coming back for Hearths Warming and a few weeks from now. You guys can meet her then,” I grunted as I placed the book and pen on the nightstand.

“So she’s in a different world?” Misty Fly asked and raised an eyebrow.

“Mhm,” Soarin nodded. “I was there with High Winds and Surprise. We watched her go through a portal as Princess Twilight called it.”

“Huh interesting.”

“Yep,” I admitted and gave a small smirk. “And as punishment for watching a private conversation, you all own me fifty five laps. Now!”

Everypony groaned as they flew out the door. I looked around and placed my hooves behind my head.

I love my job somedays.

Author's Note:

For context, Sunset is orange and Spitfire is red in the book conversations. I wish there was a brighter red so I could use red for both.