• Published 14th Sep 2023
  • 303 Views, 18 Comments

Civil War - TheKing2001



Aria, Adagio and Sonata investigate the threat on Twilight’s life until the three have a falling out.

  • ...
0
 18
 303

Seventeen


Shoeshine


I yawned as I blinked, wincing as I felt the world’s worst migraine ever hit me. I love getting drunk, don’t like the hangover. I opened my eyes a bit more and almost fell out of the bed.

Silverspeed laid snoring next to me with one hoof off the bed, the other between my haunches as I stared at her. I flicked my eyes to Aria and my eyes widened even more at her and Sunbeam sleeping next to each other.

Silverspeed shifted a bit and wrapped a hoof around me as I yawned again. Her eyes slowly opened as I smirked at her.

“Hello.”

She screamed and rolled off the bed as Aria and Sunbeam jumped a bit before noticing each other and giving us all confused looks.

“I am so confused,” Aria grumbled as Silverspeed flapped her wings to get in her own bed. “My head hurts.”

“Mine too,” I admitted as I stretched and cracked my neck.

“Anypony remember what happened last night?” Sunbeam moaned as she flopped back on the bed.

“Well based on the smell and how my coat is feels, I have a few guesses,” Aria answered as she rolled out of the bed and trotted to the shower. “We will never speak of this again. To anybody.”

“I’m straight,” Silverspeed grumbled as she turned bright red. “And I just slept with my best friend.”

“I’m straight too remember!” I shot back as the sound of the shower turning on made us look over at it. “And so is Aria and Sunbeam. Besides who cares? I barely remember it.”

“I don’t know if that’s better or worse!” Aria called out from the bathroom. “But uh I remember some parts. Mainly us getting really, really drunk and yeah.”

“Great,” Sunbeam grumbled as she opened a small box she brought with and levitated two bottles of a green liquid to me and Silverspeed. “Drink.”

“You seriously expect us to drink a random liquid after last night?” I asked in disbelief and pushed it away with a hoof. “No thanks.”

“Wallflower made it. It’s a potion that helps ponies get over hangovers faster. It works like a charm according to Indigo and Lemon Zest.”

Silverspeed and I looked at each before shrugging. We drank from the bottle and I gagged at the Celestia awful flavor. It was like kale and a bunch of other vegetables. At least it had carrots in it. I loved carrots.

“What the buck was that?” I grumbled in disgust as I tossed the bottle into a trash can.

“Disgusting,” Silverspeed mumbled and wiped her mouth with a hoof. “My hoof smells.”

“Probably because it was between my legs when I woke up.”

I loved teasing Silverspeed. When we weren’t arguing of course. At least she was better than her sister Silver Spoon. I swear, her parents were obsessed with the word silver it’s ridiculous.

“I’m going to kill you one day,” Silverspeed growled as she rolled her eyes. “Did you even do anything to me last night?” I opened my mouth to speak as she flew over and pressed my mouth closed with her hoof. “Don’t answer that, I can tell you did. Aria! Hurry up!”

“Coming!” Aria called out as I snickered.

“We all were coming last night!” I called back and laughed harder.

A barrage of pillows were launched my way as the other two glared at me.


“What now?” Sunbeam asked as the three of us trotted down a street in Canterlot. Aria was apparently meeting with a princess for something. Whatever it was, we weren’t allowed to go with.

You know those are the good meetings when you aren’t allowed to go with. Wish I could sneak into the castle. I always was a sneaky pony but not when there’s a bunch of trained guards on the property.

“I don’t know,” Silverspeed shrugged as she looked around. I glanced up at the pegasus flapping her wings a few inches above us. We had been able to go without that annoying armor thankfully. Our room was being cleaned so that was a plus.

“We could go gamble,” I suggested as the two frowned and shook their heads. “Was worth a shot.”

“This is Canterlot, not Las Pegasus. And besides, those places don’t open till after the sun has set,” Sunbeam pointed out as I examined the yellow unicorn mare. “Just because we all slept together last night doesn’t mean you can check me out.”

I rolled my eyes and flicked my tail across her face before glancing back smugly at the blushing mare.

“I hate you,” she muttered as I examined her lemon cutie mark.

“What’s your talent?” I asked and pointed at her flank.

“Anything related to lemons.”

“Nice. Wanna go see a movie or something? I’m bored and we’re off shift right,” I suggested as Silverspeed gave me a wary look.

“Are you sure you just want a movie and you aren’t trying to get under our tails?” She asked suspiciously. I gave her a condescending smile and patted her on the head.

“Dear Silverspeed, I already did last night remember?” I asked with a chuckle as she rolled her eyes.

“I thought we all agreed to never speak of that again,” Sunbeam pointed out as we trotted in what hopefully was a theater.

“We agreed to not tell other ponies about it,” I corrected her. “We never agreed to not tell each other about it.”

“What does that matter? I was there!” Silverspeed scoffed as she swatted my back with a wing as she dropped to her hooves to walk alongside us.

I gave a shrug as I winked at her.

“How old you Sunbeam?” I asked curiously as we both looked at her.

“Twenty two. Most of us are in our twenties. You?”

“Me and Silverspeed are both twenty six. We grew up together. We’re practically siblings with how much we do everything together. Except when she has to pull tornado duty or other weather stuff,” I commented as I grinned wickedly. “Guess that for bumped up to friends with benefits.”

“You are such a slut, you know that?” Silverspeed grumbled as I laughed.

“Only for you my dear Silverspeed!” I teased. I laughed as I galloped ahead with her chasing after me with bright red cheeks.

Sunbeam rolled her eyes and smiled before chasing after us.