• Published 14th Sep 2023
  • 303 Views, 18 Comments

Civil War - TheKing2001



Aria, Adagio and Sonata investigate the threat on Twilight’s life until the three have a falling out.

  • ...
0
 18
 303

Twelve


Aria


I groaned and stretched as I climbed off the train at the Canterlot train station. Instantly, two guards were at my side and I immediately tensed up before relaxing. Forgot I was one of them technically. Years after seeing police on earth coming up to me and running away makes me wary of ponies in a uniform, especially if I don’t know them.

“Lieutenant Aria?” One asked and I sighed.

“Yeah that’s me.”

“Follow us,” The other grumbled and I rolled my eyes. I trotted slowly down the street and ignored the curious looks we were receiving. I had opted to leave my armor at home as Luna had requested.

Why, I had no idea but I was going to find out one way or another I suppose. I glanced at the top tower and briefly made out Princess Celestia lowering the sun and Princess Luna at her side raising the moon.

“Wait here,” the tall one ordered as we walked into the throne room and I bit back a rude comment. “Princess Luna will be with you shortly.”

“Aye aye sir,” I said sarcastically and tossed a lazy salute as he narrowed his eyes and disappeared with his shadow out of the room. “Asshole.”

I trotted down the throne room as I admired some of the window decorations. Twilight and the others getting the elements, Starlight, Trixie and Discord, Sunset defeating us. I paused and looked back at it again.

“This is new,” I muttered as I traced a hoof along the glass. “This wasn’t here the last time.”

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Luna asked from behind me as I jumped. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you. We always loved looking at the stained glass windows back before we became Nightmare Moon.”

“It’s nice. I didn’t know there was a glass of Sunset and the others here though,” I answered as I stared at Luna levitating some weird looking plants into some plant holders on the walls.

“Come then. Look at this one.”

I shrugged and followed Luna further down near the thrones and she pointed a hoof at a stained glass of Sunset looking angry at Chrysalis with Octavia next to her and I raised an eyebrow.

“Wow. Does Sunset know about this?”

“We do not know. But Princess Cadence and Twilight instantly suggested it when they learned of Sunset’s actions. Especially since Sunset is related to Princess Cadence.”

“I’m sorry what?” I choked on air as my eyes widened.

“Thou didn’t know?” Luna asked with a raised eyebrow and I shook my head. “Princess Cadence had Sunset tested to see if she was related to any of us based on her high magic levels. Hearths Warming was Princess Cadences distant cousin.”

“Well uh that’s shocking. Does Sunset know? Wait, does Twilight know?” I asked curiously as Luna shrugged.

“We have no idea. Princess Twilight might have a freakout, no matter how much we love Princess Twilight. We don’t know if Sunset is aware. Most likely not.”

“Got that right,” I chuckled as we continued our trot down the corridor. “So what is Sunset’s title then?”

“Princess Cadence is giving her the title of Countess. We all agreed on it unanimously. After all, she fought Queen Chrysalis by her self with the exception of that grey mare. Do you think she does not deserve it?” Princess Luna asked curiously as we turned down a different hallway.

“She definitely deserves it,” I said instantly as some doors opened and we stepped inside a room with a bed. “So what exactly did you need me for Princess Luna?”

“You know my sister got her life threatened once?” Luna asked as she sat down on the bed. “It was a thousand years ago. We were debating with freeing Discord and some ponies caught wind. We wanted to reform him and well they didn’t like that. Want to know what my sister did?”

“What?” I asked and leaned forward as I sat down myself.

“Nothing. We had our disagreements on it but that was that. Me personally I handled it differently. I prefer to get my hooves dirty and do something about a problem. She only found out because I sent ponies undercover,” Luna said and slid a folder my way. “Take this. Head back to Ponyville. Discord will be helping out here and there. Tell nopony and definitely not my sister.”

I stood up and saluted her as she nodded.

“It will be done Princess.”


I yawned as I climbed off the train at the Ponyville station and checked my saddlebags to make sure the metal briefcase with the folder was in it.

“Hey Lieutenant. Welcome back,” Blitz saluted me as I jumped slightly. I hadn’t seen her there.

“Hey Blitz,” I said and tossed her back a salute as she glanced at Lemon Zest and Indigo.

“I’m going to escort her back. You guys got this?” Indigo and Lemon Zest nodded as she joined me in walking. “So what did the princess need?”

“Wanted an update about Sugarcoats status,” I said as the castle came into view. That technically wasn’t a lie. Sugarcoat did come up in the conversation multiple times. “And wanted an update about Twilight and how she was handling it.”

“So far she seems to be handling it pretty good. Shoeshine and Silverspeed also dropped off their job applications. They’re on your desk waiting for you.”

Fun. I love reading applications. It’s actually very boring and I actually have to be nice. I wish Sunset was here. She had a better handle on people skills than I did. Or well pony skills. I’d even take Lyra over me. At least Lyra is friendly.

“I have to get back to my post. Goodnight Lieutenant. Nice to have you back,” Blitz said and saluted. I saluted back before pushing the doors open and galloping to my office. I locked the door and pulled the blinds closed as I set the briefcase on the table.

I pressed my hoof against it and it clicked open. I pulled the folder out with my mouth and tossed it on the desk.

“Top secret,” I mused as I read the red words on the front.

I shrugged and opened the folder, starting to read. My eyes widened as I read further. Things were about to get very interesting indeed.