• Published 11th Sep 2023
  • 1,026 Views, 11 Comments

Brightdawn - Betty_Starlight



Misty decides to be forward about her crush on Izzy

  • ...
8
 11
 1,026

Chapter 8: Paradigm Shift

I hear the blue unicorn finally call to me from the tea room, “Alright Queenie! We’re ready for you!”

I blankly stare at the red wooden door before using my magick to make it swing inward to the right and I trot in cautiously to see Izzy smiling at me from the far side of the table, I see the back of a reddish mane in the chair nearest to me, and I see Terramore, of all ponies on the left side of the table! I stare with a frown on my muzzle and widen my eyes, “Terramore! What are you doing here?”

She turns her head right to stare at me with enormous green eyes, “Uh, Opaline! Fancy seeing you here! I’ve known Izzy and Misty for years!” before smiling nervously…

I frown at the beaming light blue alicorn as I think it’s curious that Misty would never mention a different blue unicorn friend coming by the Brighthouse! “Really? Is that so?”

She blinks and grins wider, “Well, yeah!”

I see Izzy turn her head towards the sky-blue alicorn and whisper the word, “Honesty!”

Her muzzle opens to sigh and she says, “W-well, no… Not really… I uh, found out about this place when I followed you… “as her shoulders lower in resignation.

My eyes widen, “What? You followed me? Why?”

She sighs and turns her eyes down before raising them back up to me, “Well, I wanted to learn more about you!” and blinks, “I mean, I’ve never been in love before and I wanted to know more about the things you do! Where you went! Who you talked to!” her eyes widen. “And that’s when I met these ponies!”

Izzy turns her head to me and stares with big red eyes, “Um, hi!”

I grimace at this audacity! “Terramore! How dare you follow me!”

She gulps and continues smiling like an idiot, “I love you Opaline and I want to know more about you!”

I sigh at this stupidity, “You could just ask?”

She blinks, “Um, okay! How has your day been?”

I’ll admit, that question caught me off guard! “Um, well, it was going pretty good until my love told me that she’s spying on me!”

Misty must sense the tension now as she stares at me and calmly interjects, “Opaline, it’s not the worst thing ever! I mean, it’s not like she wanted to hurt you or anything!”

Terramore stares at me, “Well, right! I just wasn’t aware there were rules for this sort of thing, yes? Um, except no eye gouging!” and nods. “We definitely don’t want any eye gouging!”

At that point, I can’t explain it, but something shifted inside me and I lowered my grimace before saying, “Terramore! You want to know more about me?”

Her eyes widen, and she frowns before nodding, “Uh huh! Well, yeah!” her eyes point at me. “Yes! I want to know more about you Opaline!”

I can’t help but smile at the panicking baby blue alicorn and say, “Then you shall learn, ALL THERE IS TO KNOW about me!” and then I force both of us to teleport back to my castle!

<*****>

I see the magenta alicorn standing near the doorway vanish in a bright white flash and I turn my head back right to see that Terramore is also gone! “Uh, you think they went to go talk?”

“I hope so?” Misty says to me from the other side of the table with enormous green eyes… But uh, all that relationship talking has me beat! I was kinda hoping we could snuggle and nap together?” before smiling at me, almost as nervous as Terramore was a moment ago…

I turned my gaze to the green unicorn as my mind just processes this… This other unicorn that I love, wants to snuggle me and be with me while we rest… Why does that sound like the best thing ever? I smile back, “Sure Misty Bear!”

<*****>

Um, I don’t know how long I’ve been in here? There’s the florescent lights above, but they don’t bother me so much anymore… I blink as the white jacket encases me and holds my forelegs around my body…

I look around the pale blue room… It’s about 12 by 12 feet I’d say and the padded walls are a baby blue color…

I think it’s supposed to be a comforting color, but it only just makes me angry that they put me here earlier…

I keep thinking about what it was like earlier… Pain! Misery! Despair! No light or love, anywhere! I keep thinking about that and how this whole Misty thing is just going to get Izzy hurt later!

Uh, Izzy is there now! I’m who I was earlier! Or uh, maybe I should say that I used to be Izzy? I’m not sure anymore?

I know I’m not in charge anymore! That’s for sure!

Um, where was I? Oh, yeah! Misty is bad news and love fucking sucks! YES! That!

Wait! Am I hearing hoofsteps?

Uh, maybe? It’s hard to tell when my mind wanders sometimes… There’s not really much to do in here!

<*****>

“Mmmmmmm…” I smile in snuggly bliss while cuddling the wonderful blue pony holding me from behind… “What time is it?”

“Time to snuggle!” The voice behind me happily replies before I feel the legs going over my body tighten in a sweet warm embrace!

“I love you Izzy!”

Izzy is silent, but continues to lovingly hold me…

“Izzy! Are you okay?”

<*****>

I trot down the stone hallway… Its dimly lit by I don’t know what and it has a pale blue glow to the walls…

Similar to the padding in the room where I was trotting…

I don’t hear her screaming right now and I’m not sure if she’s awake?

I lower my muzzle as I trot because one thing is certain, I do know it’s time to end this…

I turn right to trot down the pale blue corridor, and soon go past two more doors before stopping and turning right to stare at a darker blue door in front of me…

It is steel and has a small porthole where I can see the blue pony inside with her disheveled mane going over her red eyes as she stares around the room with a deranged glint in them…

I gulp and make the knob on the right side of the door glow blue with my magick and it soon turns…

I know it can be opened from the outside… *

The door soon turns inward towards the left to show me the full padded baby blue room with the mad blue pony there, locked in her straight jacket and now staring at me directly with her large red eyes… “What do YOU want?”

I say calmly to the other pony, “I don’t want to fight you… “

She frowns and says back sardonically, “Kinda late for that, don’t you think?” before blowing the lock of blue hair off her muzzle and after it flies to the right of her face, says, “What are you here for, anyway?”

“I’m here to give you what you need…

Her eyes widen, “What?”

I trot forward towards her and she scoots back with her hind legs until she’s at the soft cushy wall behind her and says in a panicked expression, “Stop! Don’t get closer!” as her wild mane flies around her head and she looks this way and that for some escape…

I take two more paces before lovingly embracing her in my forehooves…

She shivers, “W-what?”

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… “I honestly say to the quivering pony, currently inside my hooves as a tear falls from my right eye…

Her body soon relaxes… “What are you doing?”

“I’m giving you the love, attention, and support you needed all along… “

<*****>

I can feel the warmth of the green unicorn currently encased in my forehooves… I hold her tightly and lovingly to my body… “I love you!” I say softly…

“I love you too!” Misty replies…

Suddenly, I widen my eyes when I feel something shift deep within my mind… “Misty… I’m going to let go of you and I need you to face me, okay?”

“Um, okay?” She says uneasily before moving forward after I release my grasp and she turns her body around to stare at me with those enormous green eyes of hers… “What’s up?”

I smile at my love because only then did I finally see her… Her, this wonderful pony that I fell in love with in front of me…

She blinks confused, “Izzy? Are you okay?”

I move my snout to hers for a passionate, deep, loving kiss as I embrace her wholeheartedly within my hooves…

Her eyes widen and I notice their faint glint in the moonlight from my window as I feel her warm body near mine and while I don’t think I’ll ever be able to quite explain it, it just feels like home whenever I’m inside her hooves now…

I move my face away from hers to see her smiling face as I whisper, “I love you!”

She playfully nuzzles my snout and says back, “I love you too!”

“I-you know, I think this is just what I needed?”

Her eyes widen in the darkness, “What do you mean?”

I sigh again, “I mean, I didn’t think I believed in love and yet, um, here you are!”

I see her muzzle form a half-smile, “Surprise!”

I snicker at the silly green pony, “Yeah… Hi new partner!”

She nuzzles me affectionately before another passionate kiss…

<*****>

My eyes go wide as I get a certain feeling that emotions somewhere I have shifted? I say to the magenta alicorn, “So now I know your past and why you turned to evil… “

She sighs, and nods her head from the other side of the ancient wooden table with it’s many gnarls and twists in the wood, “Yes! The truth was, they never truly loved or acknowledged me!”

“And now I am?”

She blinks as she processes this, “Well, yes! I believe so, Terramore!”

I lean forward as I want to know more, “Okay but uh, are you still mad?”

I hear her sigh, “Well, if I’m being honest, I’m confused… “

I frown, “What do you mean?”

“I mean, all this time… I lived in a world without love and if I’m being honest, it all seemed so fake an unreal to me… And yet, here you are!”

I smile, “Well uh, now you know what it’s like to be loved!”

(To be continued… )

Author's Note:

*Psychologically speaking, this is an important detail.