• Published 1st Sep 2023
  • 196 Views, 0 Comments

Fay's Tale: Family - Lil Sunny



A young filly finds herself on the streets all alone. But maybe a new parent can turn her life around.

  • ...
 0
 196

Prologue

One dark night in Canterlot, a knock was heard on the door of a local orphanage. Outside the door lay a foal, pink in colour with a curled purple mane, and a tiny unicorn horn poking through her hair. All she had was the blanket she was wrapped in. Her name was Fay. The old mare who ran the place picked her up and took her inside.

Over the next few years she grew up under Miss Silver. That’s the name she told the orphaned children to call her anyway. But as she grew, she grew sadder and sadder. They were fed disgusting grey slop, The only toys they had were worn and old, any new donations seemed to mysteriously vanish to be replaced with a small pile of bits. And Fay’s blanket, the one worldly possession to her name was locked in a cupboard.

So Fay began to think and plan. She saw a low window ledge that with the right blocks, she could just about reach, Miss Silver never locked the windows. And she knew from the few city trips they got that the train station was open late at night. So she waited. That night Miss Silver fell asleep in her room as usual. The other orphans slept on their thin blankets and Fay quietly stacked some blocks and climbed out the window. She quietly made her way through the city towards the train station and snuck aboard.

“All aboard! Last train of the evening to Ponyville now boarding!”

“Poh-knee-vill” Fay tried to sound out the word the conductor had said. “Ok, I’m going to Poh-knee-vill.”

Fay hid on the train as it glided atop the rails and never looked back. A few months later the five year old Filly was living in an abandoned shack and eating whatever the generous ponies of the town would give to her. This was no way for a filly to live, but what was the alternative? Admit she had no parents and get sent back to Canterlot? She didn’t want that at all.