• Published 1st Sep 2023
  • 176 Views, 13 Comments

Fractured Steel - Serina



Amidst royal conflict, two brothers, torn apart by duty and loyalty, navigate a kingdom on the edge of war. Through exchanged letters, their story unveils the events preceding Princess Luna's imprisonment, redefining their world.

  • ...
0
 13
 176

The Son Rises

My dear Brother,

I can hardly believe it, but I've been accepted into Celestia's Royal Guard! Although I'm not officially a guard just yet, I can almost taste the honor that will come with it. The journey to get here has been filled with rigorous trials – training sessions that challenge both body and mind, interacting with the public to hone our communication skills, and, of course, learning the intricate art of addressing the royals. But I'm prepared to put in the effort; I know deep within my heart that this is a path worth walking.

There's a sentiment among some of the other stallions that they doubt my abilities. They might see me as a mere peasant, underestimating what a Hooves can achieve. But mark my words, dear brother, I will shatter their misconceptions. I'll prove that the Hooves family is capable of greatness beyond measure. Every time I step onto the training grounds, I'll carry the pride of our lineage with me.

I promise to write to you as often as my demanding schedule allows. Training sessions seem to stretch endlessly, filling my days with lessons that push my limits and expand my horizons. Tomorrow marks my first real training session, and while excitement courses through me, there's a thread of nervousness that accompanies it. The weight of responsibility settles upon my shoulders, a constant reminder of the honor I've been entrusted with.

Speaking of responsibilities, how is Dad faring? I recall our discussions about my plans to take over the blacksmithing business from him once I've settled into my role as a guard. Your talent for crafting armor is unparalleled; I can only imagine how splendid it must be to see your creations gleaming even as the guards march through the darkness. The captains speak of your work with reverence, boasting about the elegance and strength of your armor. They're quite lucky to wear such masterpieces. Dad's older pieces will still find use, particularly for recruits like us, or so I've been told. Please let Mom know that her cooking and her warmth are sorely missed already.

Oh! I must confess, I haven't had the privilege of meeting the Princesses just yet. But rest assured, when I do, I'll be sure to recount every detail to you. Princess Celestia, in particular, must be a sight to behold up close. Though I do wonder if it's considered improper to stare at them for too long. The last thing I want is to incur their disapproval. And I'm with you on the matter of punishments – I'd rather not find out firsthoof.

The night grows late, and tomorrow heralds an intriguing and demanding day. I must prepare myself and gather my strength for what lies ahead. As I lay my head down to rest, know that thoughts of you and our family's unwavering support will be my guiding light.

Your brother,
Bronze Armor