• Published 31st Aug 2023
  • 1,063 Views, 13 Comments

Empress Cozy Glow part 2: The Reckoning - Betty_Starlight



Empress Cozy Glow adjusts to her bizarre new life and title

  • ...
3
 13
 1,063

Chapter 3: Cozy Glow Makes a Friend!

I stare at the purple alicorn who flapped her wings to hover in the air as she furrowed her brow and said, “It’s over Cozy Glow! Your evil stops here!” before lowering her head to send a big beam of reddish pink energy at me!

I strafe to the side to narrowly dodge the energy blast as I fly in the sky and stare back at her, “I don’t understand mom? What did I do wrong?”

“Oh, you know EXACTLY what you did!” She screams before lowering her head again to send another bolt of energy at me!

I effortlessly form a blue energy shield that quickly absorbs the blast before I make it disappear and stare back at her and encase her in similar energy, “Oh, golly! Why would I know that, mom?”

“I’m not your mom!” She screams before forcing the blue bubble she’s trapped in to burst!

I stare at her blankly, “You know, you don’t have to kill me, right? We can still talk about this!”

She stares at me with seething hatred in her purple eyes before lowly shouting, “There’s nothing to discuss!” and lowering her head to send another bolt of energy my way!

At this point, I see no other choice! I form a reflective blue shield a mere 15 feet in front of her to cause the energy to bounce back and blast her, causing her fur and feathers to begin to smoke as she plummets from the air.

I widen my eyes, “Oh, golly!” before taking a dive towards her falling body as I stare at it and encase it in another blue forcefield…

I cause it to stop falling and begin to hover in the air as I approach the now unconscious purple alicorn enveloped in the field…

I stare at her floating 20 feet in front of me, “What happened? Why are you attacking me?”

<*****>

You know, there’s a reason you were chosen, right?

I hear my own voice in my head as I open my eyes… I look up at the stone ceiling before turning my head right to stare out my window and I see that the sun is not up outside and I wonder what time it was as I lay there in my bed in the dark…

I stare up at the ceiling again and see all the indentations as I lay in my plush purple bed and think to myself, Why would my mom be attacking me? What could I have done?

I shake my head and decide that it’s just a silly nightmare and that I should forget about it… I look up and cause my magick to glow blue from my horn and stare at my little purple alarm clock to see that it’s currently 3:17 in the morning!

“Golly!” I lowly whisper to myself before throwing the blankets off of me, getting to all fours, and taking off with my wings…

I finally make my way to the kitchen and suddenly think that maybe it shouldn’t be so far away from my room? I float through the air to the cabinet and open it with my forehoof before using my teeth to retrieve a glass and then, floating back to the sink on the other end…

I suddenly wonder if the kitchen really needs to be this big as I set the glass down in the sink and begin to turn the knob on the right with my hooves to make water flow down into the cup…

At least, that’s what I thought was going to happen, but when I look into the glass, I can’t help but notice that instead of an invisible liquid, it contains a motley brown form!

I widen my eyes and whisper, “Oh, golly! I don’t think I want to drink that?”

I suddenly see two misshapen yellow eyes form in the cup that stare at me with two different sized red pupils! “Thank you, empress! It’s appreciated!”

This causes me to scream, “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!”

The strange voice screams with me! “AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!”

I stop and stare down at the cup as it stops screaming with me, “What are you?”

It mimics me, “You know, every time I meet you in a different dimension, you always scream when I reveal myself!” *

I stare at the glass with wide eyes, “That didn’t answer my question!”

The voice sighs, “Oh, fine! I’ll come out now! I’m over it!” before I see a long brown snake-like creature exit the glass!

This creature has two different sorts of horns on it’s head, a lion paw and an eagle talon for higher appendages, two different sorts of cloven hooves on its legs, and a long brown serpentine tail! He stares at me with his two different eyes as he floats above the sink and furrows his brow, “Surely, you recognize me now?”

“Oh, golly! It’s Disarray! How you been? It’s been a few months!”

He narrows his eyes, “It’s Discord!” before snapping his talon to make us both become enveloped in blue light!

<*****>

Once again, I’m staring at a ceiling… This one is different though… It looks like it was made of panels and had square shaped borders going through it… The panels had speckled brown or black paint on them, but were otherwise plastic… It looked like the ceiling of an office!

I hear a familiar smarmy voice coming from my left, “Now Cozy Glow! You dreamed that Twilight Sparkle, er, your new mother, was trying to kill you? Why don’t we start off with that? Tell me, how did that nightmare make you feel?”

I turn my head left to see that same golly damned serpent, now wearing a green sweater vest with a collared white undershirt, leaning towards me from his seat in a plush looking red chair, with an interested expression in those two motley eyes of his, now behind two gold-rimmed spectacles. I speak, “Well, gee! How do you think it makes me feel? Confused and worried!”

He looks down and begins to scribble notes down onto a yellow pad with a nice looking metal pen and his eagle talon before looking back up at me, “Okay, I can get the confusion, Cozy! But tell me, why do you think it’s worrying?”

I furrow my brow, “Wait! How do you know about my nightmares? And what business is it of yours, anyway?”

He smiles and after I see his snaggle tooth go diagonal, he says, “Well, Fluttershy is a very good friend of mine and so, it’s therefore now important that I keep Equestria safe from all threats, foreign and domestic! And that would include evil alicorn children!”

“But I’m not evil! I’m reformed, remember?”

“Yes, yes! Of course!” He looks down and scribbles another note before looking back up at me, “So, worrying! Why do you find the dream, worrying, Cozy Glow?”

I frown, “B-because I don’t want my mom to attack me!”

“And why do you believe she would attack you?”

I furrow my brow in irritation again! “Because the dream was really vivid, okay? And again, how do you know about that and why am I even talking to you about this?”

He smiles, “Where do you think that dream came from?”

At this point, I’m growing irate, “WHY WOULD YOU GIVE ME A NIGHTMARE LIKE THAT?”

“To prove a point, Cozy! You see, while you believe you are reformed, you’re not sure if everypony around you has accepted it?”

“Why wouldn’t they?”

“Well, why else would you try to fight your own mother?”

I frown, “I wasn’t fighting her, okay? I was trying to disable her!”

“But you don’t know how powerful that energy blast was that you deflected! What if it had killed her?”

“I doubt that would happen! She’s an immortal alicorn!”

He looks down at his pad and scribbles some more with his talon before looking back up at me, “You seem very sure of yourself?”

“Yes, I am sure! I’m also sure that there’s no reason for us to be talking! I’m sure that you need to just go away now!”

He smiles and I see his rows of jagged oddly shaped teeth as he chuckles, “Oh, you’re so sure of yourself now, aren’t you?”

At this point, I can already tell he’s just trying to get into my head! I smile, “And what makes you believe you have any business here, hmm? Tell me again why I’m talking to you about this?”

He looks up at me, “I already told you about Fluttershy, did I not?”

I nod, “Yes you did! And you know that sounds like nonsense, right?”

“Oh?” His left eyebrow raises from behind the spectacles.

I smile wider, “Yup! It sounds to me like you just can’t mind your own business and need an excuse to get into mine!”

“But for the good of Equestria!”

I lower my gaze, “Equestria is fine, Discord! This is really about me and you, isn’t it?”

His eyes widen, “Why, whatever do you mean?”

“I mean, I get this feeling there’s more that you’re not telling me! I mean, I get a feeling that there’s a reason, aside from Fluttershy, that you’ve taken such an interest in me!” I widen my eyes… “It doesn’t make much sense, otherwise!”

He rolls his eyes before adjusting them to me, “FINE!” he points his lion paw at me, “You’ve been an insufferable little brat and I just think you’re not quite reformed yet?”

“And who are you to be making that call, Discord?”

Suddenly, he throws his upper appendages into the air and raises his muzzle in a fearsome snarl! “I AM DISCORD, THE LORD OF CHAOS!”

I frown, “That still doesn’t explain how it’s any of your business? Honestly, you’re probably just bored, huh?”

He looks down at me and lowers his arms, and says, “Huh?” with a perplexed look on a muzzle.

I smile and nod, “Yup! You got eternal life and nothing to do, am I right?”

“Well, I uh…” He says as he fumbles and twiddles his talon and paw together…

“Am I right?” I repeat myself while widening my eyes!

He frowns at me and lowers his arms again, as I continue to beam back at him…

The lessons of my mother flow into my mind as I finally ask him, “Tell you what Disarra, er, Discord! Why don’t I become your newest friend?” before smiling brightly at him with my teeth…

(To be continued… )

Author's Note:

*Discord is beyond the fourth wall of my best filly stories…

You know, you can really see Twilight's influence on best filly in this one...