• Published 28th Sep 2023
  • 395 Views, 9 Comments

First Friend - Dragon-In-Black



When Sunset Shimmer first came to the human world, she became friends with Trixie Lulamoon, her first friend.

  • ...
 9
 395

Chapter 1: The Great And Powerful Trixie!

Sunset Shimmer didn’t expect much when she came through the portal. Of course, she knew that the mirror her former mentor showed her led to a different world, but didn’t know exactly where it led. Naturally curious, Sunset gained an obsession with this mirror that showed her the destiny before her.

When she saw the mirror for the first time, her mentor was looking at it with a far-away look on her face, lost in her thoughts.

Sunset stood before the mirror and looked into it and Princess Celestia asked her student what she had seen and Sunset was honest. The former student of Princess Celestia was a powerful unicorn but saw something unique, she had a pair of wings on her back.

In the land of Equestria were three pony tribes. There were the earth ponies that were very strong and knew how to control the earth, making farming easy for them. There were the unicorns who used magic frequently compared to the earth ponies who couldn’t manipulate it the same way as unicorns like Sunset. The third and final notable tribe was the Pegasi who lived on the clouds and could manipulate the weather making the earth pony crops grow.

However, there was a “fourth” tribe of sorts but they were very rare, so rare that the fourth tribe became the rulers and this was because they had the abilities of all the tribes together. This did so they became the rulers of all pony tribes. They were called the Alicorns. They had the strength of earth ponies, horns from the unicorns and wings from the pegasi.

However, when Sunset explained what she saw to her mentor, Princess Celestia, who was an Alicorn and the ruler of Equestria, seemed... disappointed with the revelation.

Sunset became obsessed with the mirror and asked constantly about it to her mentor who refused to answer any questions other than Starswirl the Bearded who was one of the most powerful unicorns from a distant past, had created it.

This frustrated Sunset, the only answer she wanted was if there was a possibility for her to become an Alicorn or if it showed her future but her mentor refused to answer for whatever reason.

One day, Princess Celestia ordered Sunset to go out and make some friends and not enter the library until she made some friends. Sunset followed the order to the best of her abilities but found it to be difficult and decided instead to read some books about the mirror which didn’t please her mentor.

Princess Celestia, her former mentor told Sunset to pack her bag and that she was banished from the castle.

Sunset Shimmer who grew up in an orphanage that didn’t have anywhere to go was devastated. She did pack her bags but she did something that her mentor didn’t expect her to do; she ran towards the mirror with multiple royal guards on her tail which she knocked out with her magic and fled through the mirror, successfully entering a different world.

Now, in the present moment, Sunset looked down at her body. Her forehooves were very different. On the tip of her “forehoof” were small pointy things. She noticed that she was wearing clothes which made her feel a bit confused. She was no stranger to clothes but in Equestria, unless there was a special event or a noble, most if not all ponies never wore clothes.

She was wearing an orange teeshirt with her cutie mark on it. With the teeshirt, she had a black leather jacket. On her lower body, she had an orange skirt with a yellow stripe and black boots with purple glitter.

Her body was something that confused her. She was shaped like a strange form of... monkey was the best way she could describe it. In this world, monkey-like bodies were the dominant species.

Currently, she was in a school called Canterlot High School. She momentarily had a heart attack when she saw Principal Celestia. The woman had warmly greeted her and asked what Sunset was doing there. The former student of Princess Celestia had said she wanted to join the school to which the Principal signed her up. After some problems regarding her ID, Sunset became a student at the high school the mirror led her to.

Earlier that morning, she had mathematics and history which was very interesting but she was frightened when she heard about humans—the monkey creature she turned into—who had started numerous wars for a multitude of reasons. Of course, Equestria wasn’t free from such charges, Equestria had started their fair share of wars.

The last war in Equestria was about... fifteen years ago. If history served her correctly, It was the Griffins and Ponies who fought over a piece of land that they couldn’t agree on. However, the humans fought over different things, sure, pieces of landmasses were something they also fought over, but they also fought over something called “oil”.

Sunset looked at the fruit bowl she had received for lunch which was the only thing they had for vegetarians today and took a bite.

Mathematics was essentially the same, it wasn’t too difficult for her but there were a few words she didn’t recognise she had to search up to understand. Otherwise, her two first classes weren’t boring, if anything she felt like a little filly all over again who was interested in everything the world had to offer.

The fire-haired girl looked around the cafeteria and noticed everyone interacting with each other. It was... fun to see. Despite the noticeable difference in species, it was mostly the same. They interacted like the ponies back in Equestria and took care of each other.

However, just like in Equestria; she was all alone, with no one to speak to and no one who wanted to be with her.

That was until she heard a fake cough behind her. Turning to the sound, she found a light-blue-skinned teenager with silver-white hair. She smiled at Sunset. “Hello new student, I am the great and powerful Trixie!” She introduced herself in third person. “And I couldn’t help but notice you were all alone, can I sit with you?”

Surprised, Sunset didn’t know how to respond. She never did have any friends back in Equestria so she wasn’t sure how to reply to this girl. However, the silence from Sunset’s end caused the other teen to frown in disappointment.

“But if you want to be alone, Trixie can sit somewhere else,” Trixie spoke and was about to turn away.

“Wait!” Sunset blurted out. The other teenager stopped and turned to Sunset. “You can... sit with me if it isn’t too much?”

Trixie smiled widely and sat across from Sunset. The company made the fire-haired girl feel less lonely which was a strange feeling. She was so used to being alone that she was unsure of how to act around Trixie... was her name right?

“So, Trixie heard that you are the new student is that true?” Trixie asked, taking a bite from her sandwich.

“Yes, I moved from a place far away,” Sunset replied while taking a sip of her water. Trixie looked intrigued by this piece of knowledge.

“Oh! I hope you enjoy it here at Canterlot High. First time here or have you been here before?” Trixie asked curiously while looking at a student who had shouted something that caused some of the girls to jump.

“I’ve never been here before, completely new to this school and city,” Sunset replied while looking towards a grey-skinned boy who wore a black suit and sunglasses who was laughing at the girls who jumped while the girls looked at the boy with glares that could kill.

“Oh! Then the great and powerful Trixie shall show you around!” Trixie spoke with a fist raised in the air until she looked at the girl across from her with a sheepish expression. “If you want to of course,”

The fire-haired girl giggled. “Sure, I have nothing better to do, and it is a good idea to know where to go to hang out and stuff,”

Trixie grinned in satisfaction and the rest of the lunch continued with nothing else disturbing them. They chatted lightly about different topics. Sunset was fascinated with Trixie who claimed to have magic abilities and showed a few tricks. Sunset also made a lie that she came from a city called New York that she learned existed in this world. Trixie had squealed when she learned of that fact... lie.

The bell then rang, signalling that it was time for classes to start again.

“Well,” Trixie spoke while placing her food tray on top of the other trays. “It looks to Trixie that it’s time for classes again. When does your last class end?”

Sunset pulled out her class schedule for the entire week she received from Vice-Principal Luna who had frightened Sunset. If Vice-Principal Luna was Celestia’s sister, then it meant that Princess Celestia also had a sister.

“My last class ends at fifteen-thirty,” Sunset answered putting the schedule in the bag she brought along from Equestria. Trixie had a thoughtful expression.

“Trixie’s last class ends at sixteen, will you be doing anything today?” The light blue-skinned teenager asked.

Sunset shook her head. “No, I don’t have anything to do today what do you have planned?”

As they walked into the school hallways along with the other students, Sunset noticed she was getting curious looks from five girls. Sunset gave a small wave which they returned.

“Trixie was thinking she could show you around the city, or at least the most notable ones most of us go to,” Trixie replied while holding three books for her English class. Sunset smiled at the girl.

“Sounds like a great idea, I’ll wait for you... is there a library here?” Sunset asked with intrigue. Trixie nodded furiously.

“Yes, there’s a library, however, Trixie cannot show you now but you could ask one of the other students,” Trixie replied while motioning with her hand towards the other students.

The thought frightened Sunset slightly. She had difficulties with making friends back in Equestria, Trixie was... Sunset didn’t know what Trixie was to her, but the thought of asking anyone she didn’t just terrified her.

Oblivious to the fire-haired girl's struggle, Trixie went on towards her class. “See you later... what is your name?” The girl blushed in embarrassment when she realised she hadn’t asked for her new friend’s name.

“Sunset. Sunset Shimmer,” the fire-haired girl replied.

“See you later, Sunset!” The magician turned around and made her way to her class while Sunset did the same.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, Dragon-In-Black here back with another story. I got this idea after I found this picture on the internet coming from the Equestria Girls universe. Forgotten Friendship I think? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I will write to you guys next time.