• Published 16th Aug 2023
  • 1,491 Views, 54 Comments

Kyōka Suigetsu, crumble! - The Archiver



Yet another displaced story. Featuring a guy turned to Aizen who will make everyone crumble into the illusion of despair, for the sake of natural selection... For the sake of those he has yet to care about.

  • ...
9
 54
 1,491

Chapter ten: A recall to someone's memories.


Pov: Sōsuke Aizen

Spike looks confused by my question, as I expected him to be. "Yhwach has the potential to collapse both the spiritual worlds and physical worlds if he achieves his goals. Which is to make it so that there is never any death to fear. He may actually be stronger than me in some senses, I even had to get help." I explained.

Dropping his jaw, Spike's horrified gaze almost makes me want to chuckle out of nervousness but I keep going. "This one pony has single handedly made the Arrancars extinct, or rather were extinct until you became what you are now. He's the bane of my existence and I am the bane of his, we're two forces of nature fighting for control. And this only started because of one mare, Celestia."

Perking up after I mention Celestia's name, Spike looks at me like I just swore a hundred times over. "Celestia?! Okay I'm willing to believe a lot of the things you say but c'mon dude, Celestia is basically like my grandmother. How could she have made someone that's this insane?" No longer being able to hold my laughter I let loose. Spike's concerned face drops immediately after this but I hold a hand up for a bit to keep his interest on me.

Quickly calming my self down I clear my throat. "Hold on, I'm not fucking with you. She only did it unintentionally so it wasn't her fault. But she was a fool for never noticing in the first place."

Looking back to one another, I gesture for Spike to say something, anything. "I'm going to need a good explanation for this Aizen, because right now I'm this close to getting up and leaving." A gentle anger courses through Spike. I didn't mean to hit any nerves with trying to tell him this but nevertheless I must proceed.

"And that is what you will receive." Narrowing both my eyes I stare at Spike, unblinkingly. "Allow me to tell you about the tale of the first quincy ever born, Yhwach. But first lets leave this place. I got somewhere better for us." Opening a Senkaimon like I've done in the past. I guide us both through it. Revealing the training ground we've been using for the past week and a half.

"There, we're more secluded. And please Spike, sit down to hear what I have to say." Sitting down on the ground I tap a spot in the undamaged grass in front of me.

"I'll stand thank you very much." Snorting fire from his nostrils, the drake's skepticism of the situation is completely warranted.

"Sit or stand it doesn't matter to me, all that matters is that you hear what I have to say. And remember, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, just wait until the end to make your decision." Not getting an answer from Spike, I choose to narrate the past to my student.

"Long ago, back when I was first 'displaced' as Grima said, I had no idea how to use my powers. In fact I still went by my real name, a name I'll tell you right now, Xavier Hendrix. Celestia herself was only one hundred and two years old while Luna was a measly ninety four years of age when I first stumbled across them. Back then I was a shell of my former self. I had little to no confidence in my social abilities so they both nurtured me. That is until I actually did learn how to use my spiritual energy, fifteen years later, besides just making large concussive blasts. Let me tell you Spike, back then and now I was a prodigy. I even created more than half of the spell matrixes you see now. Of course Celestia gave my previous apprentice, Star Swirl the bearded, all of the credit."

"So you're trying to say that you went from a normal dude to what you are now in the span of fifteen years? That's really hard to believe Aizen." Spike tells me out of disbelief.

Placing one hand on the grass to give me support, I lean backwards to give a more relaxed stature. "You may believe what you'd like, however I am only stating the truth."

"Whatever, keep going with your story and I'll decide from then on." Believing to have already made up his mind on the matter, Spike lets me continue.

"Good, now then, what was I saying?" I feign ignorance before proceeding with the rest of my tale. "Ah yes, training was a breeze for me in the first two years of living here in Equestria, and eventually I got the inspiration to start training with my Zanpakuto for ten years, every waking moment of my life without sleeping nor rest. I guess that's what had sparked me into spending three years into spreading my teachings, eventually worming my way into experimentation with hollow making. I, of course, only made Arrancars with my most trusted of comrades being vasto lorde class menos as it is the more technical term. However I call them Vastocars for short." Stretching in between sentences I look over to the still bored Spike.

Raising an eyebrow, Spike's skepticism slowly rises. "Okay but what does any of this have to do with this Yhwach guy who's apparently so powerful that he's on par with you?"

"I'm getting to that, hold your metaphorical horses Spike." Shifting around and taking a more comfortable, managing to get myself laying down. "The constant influx of hollows appearing and constant warning from Celestia over the course of ten years she eventually got fed up and ordered me to stop. I didn't listen and continued doing it. In hindsight I should've stopped since this made Quincies to come into existence, as I told your older sister it was due to the new amount of Reishi in the atmosphere. Which gave some ponies and other creatures, powers. As soon as that happened I stopped the making of hollows but the damage was already done. Then there was the whole bout with me, Sombra, And Princess Luna always getting into trouble by carrying out experiments of our own which resulted in Umbrums birth and of Thestrals, more commonly referred to as Bat Ponies. I actually had to kill off all the Umbrums... Or atleast I thought I did. But that's a story for another time, one of which is unrelated. Anyways for me to abridged this is a way that makes sense. Yhwach was a one and a billion percent chance of happening, an emitter type Quincy. And because of that, he managed to gain power equivalent to mine in only half a decade using immoral methods. So I sought to create a device that could at least temporarily halt him in a worst case scenario. And that my friend is why I had to invent the elements of harmony to "kill him" and of course I knew that inventing the elements would also make Celestia seal me as well, convincing Luna in her emotionally weakened state."

Clearing my throat I look at Spike who is staring at me in disbelief. "You know what?" He askes me. "I'm not going to question it, any of it. I only wanted a relaxing day today and I'm still going to have it. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going for a walk to the comic bookstore." Extending his claws open he gives me an expectant look, and I sigh knowing it'll take him some time to process the very abridged version of these events. I toss him the bag of bits, saying "go nuts man." Allowing him to walk off.

Gently sighing I lay down on the grass, gazing up at the sunny sky. “This is all what I’ve accounted for so far. These ‘displaced’ have thrown a wrench into my plans however if most of them are how Grima was then they’re going to be inherently good natured and slight pushovers. I suppose they can be the tools I need to help this world and subsequently help myself. It’d be a shame if there was a collapse of worlds because of one’s delusions.” Thinking about what this world’s true expanse is and how it could possibly have, it cannot be helped though, all I can do is plan.

“I suppose I could visit my inner world once more, and I do still have those Caja Negación that I could use as a potential energy source for near infinite possibilities.” Choosing not to ponder any further, I sit upright and unsheathe my Zanpakutō. Placing it on my lap as I take a meditative position, entering my inner world for the first time in one thousand years.


Sōsuke Aizen’s inner world

The familiar feeling of being submerged in water is still as comforting as it was all those years ago. Dusting myself off I take a look around. My inner world is truly a reflection upon myself, sleek marble pillars that have an organized chaos to them, extending to the top of this near endless world. The floors and ceilings are made of complete glass, purple glass at that. But underneath the floor’s glass are little white lilies that are floating just above the water. And above the ceiling’s glass is a moon, one that is submerged in water as well.

“Are you going to keep admiring our beauty or are you actually going to speak what’s on your mind Xavier?” A familiar voice calls out. Much to my happiness. Facing the direction of the voice I come face to face with my Zanpakutō’s spirit. He looks like the same exact Zanpakutō that Aizen had, the same white hair, oriented mask, and robe but the Hōgyoku changed a few things about him. Mainly the small horns that protrude from his mask, resembling that of an oni. And the butterfly-like wings that are attached to his back.

“Kyōka, I’ve missed you so much over the millennia. It feels great speaking with you once more.” Moving over to him with great joy, I extend a hand for him which he firmly shakes.

“You talk as if you couldn’t have survived one more decade without speaking to me once again.” A small chuckle is heard from behind his mask. “I’m glad that the feeling is mutual between us then. But I must ask, you couldn’t possibly have just come here to speak to me without having a reason to do so. Taking into consideration that you didn’t as soon as you got out of imprisonment.” My Zanpakutō’s spirit instantly deducts.

Laughing along with him I let go of his hand and moved back a couple of inches. “You’re right actually as always. I did come here for a reason.” Stretching my arms back and forth I manifest my Zanpakutō inside the innerworld. “I need a proper training partner to just put me back into the battle-ready mindset. The only way I’d accomplish that is if I fought Celestia while she was being serious and I didn’t use Bankai or fought Celestia and Luna at the same time. Neither of these things are happening. I’m pretty sure you can guess what I’m hinting at, no?”

A pregnant pause fills the inner world. Watching Kyōka Suigetsu’s nonexistent movements briefly makes me reconsider my offer. However it was brief for a reason, because of the major fact that Kyōka blitzed towards me, giving me little to no time to react and put up my sword.

“Shit! Guess you really aren’t holding back then? Alright, let's do this magnificent dance then!”

Sparks fly off of our near identical weapons. Kyōka did always have that miniature version of the Hōgyoku at the bottom of his pommel though. I make an offensive slash, sliding his blade off of mine for a moment before he goes in for a barrage of strikes as if he were wielding a rapier.

In retaliation I start flash stepping in between his strikes whilst parrying any attacks that get too close to me the best I can. Seeing a brief opening in his cold-calculating barrage, I managed to put enough Reiatsu into my blade to make a horizontal bladed cero slash. The blade itself didn’t manage to pierce through Kyōka’s hierro, the cero part though, sent Kyōka tumbling through the night sky.

My small triumph didn’t last long, because of Kyōka Suigetsu’s constant tenacity. A trait he learnt from me, which I’m more or less proud of. And he’s already recovering. I suppose he grew as I did inside imprisonment, just like I suspected.

Dusting himself off the Zanpakutō spirit wags a finger at me, as if he’s better than me.

“Ah, ah, ah. You knew as soon as this match started that we wouldn’t be using any types of Kidō even if no words were exchanged.”

I blankly stare at Kyōka and contemplate whether or not I should say anything to him but then I realized that there’s nobody around to call me out on out of character behavior. “Yeah yeah, fuck right off Kyōka, if you don’t wanna get your ass beat by me then just say that. No reason to prolong the fight.”

Twirling his blade around, Kyōka Suigetsu merely laughs at my antics. Ones that were only meant for friends. “I’m glad you haven’t lost that same sense of humor you held all those years ago.” Kyōka adjusts his blade to be held above his shoulders. “Nevertheless we have a fight to get back to, so we can reminisce later, can we not?” Kyōka reasons.

Sending a small nod Kyōka’s way. I rush forwards, my Zanpakutō already getting ready to counter attack. Reaching my sword backwards I coat it in my Reiatsu. Deciding to finally let loose for once I make one singular dash towards Kyōka before shouting. “Sokkoku ugoki: tsukisasu! (Instant movement: pierce!)” In a short time frame I managed to change the grip on my katana and thrust it forward towards the shocked figure of Kyōka Suigetsu.

“Wait… No, something isn’t right, did he possibly…?” My question was already answered. The blade definitely felt as if it impacted something but his Reiatsu isn’t all there. “Kyōka probably used Gemelos Sonído, a cheeky little bastard.”

Using Flashstep I put some distance between me and the mirage that quickly fades away, physically inspecting my surroundings. “Dammit I know you’re here Kyōka!”

Someone taps me on the shoulder behind me, prompting for a quick slash in an arching motion in that direction from me. “Whoa! Almost got me there Xavier, you can do better than-”

I’m not gonna give him anymore room to taunt me, blitzing forward I throw my katana at Kyōka. He swiftly deflects it as I expected so I ready my fist and start using telekinesis on my katana at the same time, prepared to use both Hakuda and Zanjutsu. Leaping up from the ground I reel my fist back before slamming into Kyōka, who dodged at the last second. Sending the second part of my plan into motion I swing my blade over to my Zanpakutō spirit. He parries it but I send it at him again and again before getting up myself and sending a flurry of punches at him.

Trying to defend against my calculated onslaught, Kyōka Suigetsu swings his blade eight times within a fraction of a second. “hachisei catta… (Eight-star cutter)” He calmly says aloud. A small sheen is seen from his blade, it almost appeared as if it didn’t move at all. But he ended up completely shattering my blade in two with six strikes and sending the remaining two right in the middle of my chest, splattering blood everywhere.

Wiping my mouth clean from the blood I coughed up I stay there on the floor, almost as if I’m kneeling. “I guess that you’re the only one who can give me a run for my money since you know almost exactly what I’m going to do with the amount of times we’ve fought. Still, it was a good dance of death.” Gripping my wounds I feel them hastily close up. And while my physical body may not be hurt my pride most definitely is.

“Enough with the dramatics Xavier, I know how you get whenever you lose. But you were sloppy with this sparring match, extremely sloppy. Even if you have just got out of imprisonment you need to stop relying so heavily on your Kidō spells.” Offering me a hand, I take it with gratitude.

“Now then for that broken blade of yours.” Kyōka Suigetsu waves his hand and levitates the broken pieces of my katana and reforms it, putting it back in my grasp. “And what exactly did you want to talk to me about?” Kyōka Suigetsu askes me..

“... Okay so hear me out when I say this, but you know I’m gonna exploit a bunch of ponies and those displaced guys, right?” I tell him in full confidence.

“Xavier!” He says in an offended tone. “If you didn’t then I’d be disappointed in you. Now speaking of displaced, what was that newest spell you discovered, [Nosferatu]?”

“Lemme guess, you want to-” I stop, knowing that he’ll…

“Study the tome more? Yes most definitely, but let us also talk about potential battle strategies for any upcoming battles we may have. And those movements you showed me during our fight really irked me, and for that? You’re not leaving until you perfect it!”

Holding his blade in a reverse grip, Kyōka Suigetsu charges at me. Giving me enough time to sigh aloud. “This is gonna be one really long day here.” Readying my own blade I rush towards him as well, ready to have yet another beautiful dance of blades.

Author's Note:

So we've finally seen Aizen's inner world and heard a bit about his past. Wonder how that'll turn out. Oh and sorry for the short chapter, had my hands tied when I was writing this one.