• Published 4th Aug 2023
  • 384 Views, 4 Comments

My Report on Another World - Piggynator



Eric is a journalist who likes digging into the stories no other would dare look into. That rash mindset lands him on a trip to another world called Equestria.

  • ...
 4
 384

Misunderstanding

Uuuuugghhhhh... My head.. Who on earth hit me? The ground I guess? I can barely move Although my muscles are coming to. I slowly open my eyes. to see a strange looking room with stained glass windows and it looks... Colourfull? And what are those voices saying? I fully open my eyes and sit up.

In front of me are 6 different coloured horses all with their mouthes agape . One pink, one yellow with pink hair, one Orange, one blue with rainbow hair, one white with purple hair and one thats purple with purple hair and different coloured highlights. They're all facing me at eye level. Judging how they are making eye contact while I'm sitting up straight, they must be up to my waist in height. The orange one is the first to break the silence as I grab my camcorder.

"What in tarnation are you?" she says as she adjusts her hat and scratches her head in confusion.

"I'm a human. Obviously. Where am I and whats going on?" I ask as I pick up my camcorder and check to see if its still rolling (which it is). Between the six of them, they exchange looks of confusion before the purple one responds

"Equestria. More specifically, Canterlot castle. Now, how did you get here?"

I try to explain as much as I can from the tip off, to the helicopter ride and to the ruins the marines and I explored. It's at this moment I realise that I am talking to HORSES THAT CAN SPEAK ENGLISH AND CAN UNDERSTAND ME. And that I got transported... to another... world. I can feel myself start to breathe faster. Oh no... oh no... OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD "OH GOD HOW DO I GET HOME? MY FAMILY? MY WIFE? MY KIDS? MOM? DAD?"

Thats when I realise I am screaming. WAIT, WHY ARE YOU APPROACHING ME? STAY BACK!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU? LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!! My panic turns into dread as I scramble to my feet. I frantically look around in hopes of finding an exit only to find the door behind the six horses in front of me.

"Are you troubled? Whats wrong?" I hear a soft voice next to my ear. It sounds motherly. Like a mother comforting her child. As I thought I was calming down, I feel a soft pressure on my shoulder. I jump back to see another horse about my height if not a tad taller standing behind me. My panic is sent into overdrive and before I know it, I take off running. DAMN IT ALL I'M NOT DYING HERE!!!

I break into a mad dash for the door. I slip past them while they keep trying to talk to me and keep my stride. I jerk my head back to see the blue one fly past me and stop infront of me in an attempt to get me to stop but as she floats in front of me, I slide under her and keep going. The two guards at the door brace for impact but I dodge past them and open the door just enough to get out the room and close the door.

I can hear many footsteps approaching as I continue my sprint down a corridoor. I pass a few doors until I see one thats not open. I push it open to see a spiral stair case. All this time, my camera has not been put down. I raise it up and use the zoom function to see down the bottom to no avail. I carefully and quickly go down the stairs just as I hear footsteps pass by. I take the brief moment to sit on the stairs to rest up before I continue.

No sooner had I started going down again, I hear it... Bouncing... Followed by

"He's going down the stairs!" BOLLOCKS! THE PINK ONE FOUND ME! I pick up my pace going down the stairs while the pink one is in (semi) hot pursuit. The bottom of the stairs gets closer when I hear it.

"Hey, why are you running? I'm Pinkie Pie and-"

"BUGGER OFF!" I shout in an attempt to keep her back but my sudden scare causes me to lose my footing. I tumble down the stairs for the last few steps and land sprawled out on the floor. Luckily I put my hands around my head on the last few stairs otherwise I might have been knocked out but damn my body hurts. I grit my teeth together and look up to see the pink horse now only 3 meters away. I audibly gasp as I scamble to my feet, open and close the door to the stairs. I keep up the pace until I see a library. I duck in there and hide myself under a bench. I notice more horses come in and out of here as I attempted to get my breathing under control. thats it, in out in out in ou-

"um... are you scared? I'm sorry if we frightened you."

My body jerks up and I smack my head on the bench causing me to get dizzy. The one yellow one with pink hair had found me and now I MIGHT BE CAPTURED!!! I roll on my side out of the bench and try to make my way out. I shake off the dizziness and keep going. My legs feel like they're on fire but I keep going. I soon approach a fancy looking door. I burst through it to find a bedroom. I notice the large bed but dart for the wardrobe as I hear more footsteps. I peek through the gaps on the door of the wardrobe to see the white horse walk in. I guess my breathing must have gotten too fast or loud because I looked through the gap of the wardrobe again only to see her slowly approach it. No... please stay away. Dont open it. God, don't let her open it.

I strange noise followed by her horn glowing indicates that she might be doing something. I burst out from from the wardrobe causing her to shout out in surprise. Her horn stops glowing and I make a break for the balcony door. I try the door and too my luck, it opens but that good luck came with some bad luck seeing as the other horses appear at the door. I open the door to the balcony when they alert me to their presense.

"Are you okay? Whats wrong, darling?" the white one asks.

"STAY BACK!! GET AWAY!!" I shout, camera raised. On instinct, I start to back away when my leg catches the balcony that wasnt built for someone my height. My legs go up as I tumble over the edge. God in heaven. I'm going to die. I'M GOING TO DIE! NOOOOO! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGAHHHHHHHH!

My screams are abruptly cut off when I land on the balcony below and black out briefly. When I awaken, I look up at the balcony above to see all six of them looking over in concern. Wait, I'm still alive? How high did I fall? Three meters? Four? No! I cant be thinking about that right now! I slowly get up, head pounding and legs shaky. I make it about three steps before my legs give out and I fall to the ground... I can only watch on in horror as the yellow one with pink hair flys over too my and starts taking a look. I try to crawl away when I feel her touch my back

"We are not going to hurt you, sir. I promise you. We want to help if you just talk to us." Are these guys having me on? Are they being legit? Or am I about to be captured?

"How do I trust you?" I ask back. She looks for words to respond with when I see the purple one fly down to join her.

"I'll take over, Fluttershy" She says to the yellow one (who appears to be named Fluttershy). "When you arrived, me and my friends were in the middle of reporting to Princess Celestia about a concern of hers regarding a magic thought to be destroyed recently. It turns out that spell actually sent it to another plane of existance unknown to us. Ever since it was sealed, it has been trying to find a way back to Equestria using alicorn magic. Or traces of it. The main theory it's the remnants of the darkness that consumed princess Luna's heart and transformed her into Nightmare Moon"

"The bloody hell is a Nightmare Moon and what does it have to do with why I am here?"

"Nightmare Moon was born out of Princess Luna's jealousy of her sister. But that story will have too wait seeing as you kind of interupted our report to the princess. Can you stand?"

I make an attempt to stand. Seeing as I was laying down, my legs got time to recover slightly enough to where I could stand with some effort. My head on the other hand felt like I was having a migraine. I guess falling would do that. I mention my head to the horse and she sends Fluttershy back up to the rest of her group.

"By the way, before we go back, Do you have a name?"

"Eric. Eric Scott. Investigative photo journalist. You are?"

"Twilight. Twilight Sparkle. Princess of friendship."

I feel like I should bow after hearing that. She stands next to me and before I can blink, we are stood in the middle of her group. My head still throbbing, I realise my camera has been rolling still. Man, this thing can take a beating, huh. Wait, why am I thinking about this now. I shrug it off and cautiously follow at the back of the six of them.

I'm in no condition to run again seeing as my head feels like its going to explode and besides, these horses probably kow this castle way better than I can imagine. I mention my head ache to Twilight and she assures me that she will get a spell ready before we face the princess. While walking, Twilight introduces her friends to me and we all exchange pleasantries but I keep a few things to myself. Like the bayonet cliped onto my belt. By the way, my intuition is on the money seeing as not long after we left the balcony, we arrived at those large doors.

Before we go in, Twilight tells me to shut my eyes and as soon as I close my eyes, my head ache is gone. Huh, magic really is a thing here. Interesting. And it seems that spell has helped me calm down some. How that works I do not know but honestly I won't question it. Being able to hold a conversation while being as calm as possible may help me.

Author's Note:

Chase scene in this chapter! Tell me how I did ^^