• Published 28th Jul 2023
  • 226 Views, 10 Comments

Short Stories of Equestria Girls and the Ponies - ThomasZoey3000



A Collection of Short Stories featuring the ponies of Equestria and the Humans on the other side of the mirror

  • ...
 10
 226

Equestrian Record

Author's Note:

The Following Short you're about to read is set after the events of the Season 6 finale.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Short Story #1-Equestrian Record
Written by: ThomasZoey3000

The sun was shining brightly as Starlight Glimmer walked around Ponyville. She had done several days of studying, and only finished her latest test with Twilight Sparkle. Now she had a chance to relax and meet up with some of the ponies around town. As she walked along, she spotted Rainbow Dash standing under a tree and bouncing a ball on top of her head.

"Hello Rainbow Dash, what are you doing?" she asked curiously.

Rainbow didn't answer for a moment, she seemed to be focusing. After a minute though, she finally answered, "sorry Starlight, but I'm trying not to lose my count. 765, 766, 767. I'm trying to break the Equestrian record for the longest amount of time a pony can bounce a ball on top of their head. 785, 786, 787."

"Oh I see, but do you know the actual number for the Equestrian record?"

"798, 799, 800. Nope, I don't, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to breaking it. 810, 811, 812."

"Well if you want, I can go find a copy of the Equestrian book of records and tell you how long a pony's bounced a ball on top of their heads for."

"834, 835, 836. Sure go ahead, but I bet it's not as high as the number I've got right now," Rainbow boasted, then continued counting; "847, 848, 849."

Starlight went off to the bookstore and asked Plot Twist, the owner of the store, if there were any copies of the book.

"Nope, sorry Miss Glimmer," she said, "but I just sold the last one two days ago. We're due to get more copies three days from now if you don't mind waiting."

"Normally I don't mind waiting, but I need to see how long a pony's been able to bounce a ball on their head for. Thanks anyways."

She decided to go back to Twilight's castle, hopefully she had a copy of the book. On the way, she met up with Trixie, "hello Starlight, what are you doing out and about today?" Starlight told Trixie about Rainbow Dash's attempt to break the record, and that neither of them knew how long a pony had bounced a ball on top of their head for.

"I got a copy of the book, you could borrow it to find out."

"Really? Oh thanks Trixie, you're the best," smiled Starlight.

"Of course I am," Trixie boasted.

Of course, the book was underneath a pile of boxes and as a result, many of them went flying past Starlight's head as Trixie threw them out of the wagon.

"Ahh! Here it is, the big book of Equestrian Records."

Using her magic, she passed the book over to Starlight, who took it up in her magic.

"Thanks again Trixie. Oh and before I go..." she paused and using her own magic, lifted all of Trixie's books and boxes back into the wagon and piled them up into a few neat piles.

"Impressive as always Starlight."

Starlight said good-bye to Trixie, then made her way towards where Rainbow Dash was.

"1206, 1207, 1208. So how long has a pony bounced a ball on top of their heads for?" she asked Starlight. "1218, 1219, 1220."

Starlight flipped through the pages. There were many different records in there, and many were quite interesting to read about. Finally though, she found what they were looking for, "record for number of times for bouncing a ball on one's head."

"And that is? 1333, 1334, 1335."

Starlight gasped, "One billion, seven hundred thousand nine hundred forty two times."

"What?!" Rainbow Dash gasped and stopped. The ball bounced on her head, then flew away from her. "That's impossible, no pony can do that, not even me. Who was the pony that pulled that off?"

The answer soon came into view as Derpy, the little grey pegasus with wonky eyes passed them. Rainbow Dash's ball had bounced on top of her head and continued bouncing, without her even looking up. Starlight looked to the book while Rainbow Dash gasped in shock.

"Yep, that makes a lot of sense."