• Published 23rd Jul 2023
  • 567 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship is Magic - StarBlader

  • ...
1
 8
 567

Christmas in Canterlot

Snow covered Canterlot City, bright lights and decorations were all around, and the smells of baked goods could be smelled in the air, which only meant one thing: it was Christmas time.

It was December 1st, and everyone was looking forward to the holiday season.

At Twilight's house, her, her parents, brother, and Spike were decorating the house.


"You got that right, Mom." agreed Twilight, hanging up some holly.

"Christmas has to be most favorite time of year." Spike piped up.

"(Giggles), I know Spike. It's mine too."

Then the door opened and Shining Armor and Night Light came in.

"All the lights are up." Night Light informed.

"And Dad didn't fall this time." Shining Armor added.

"That's good to hear. We wouldn't want another trip to the emergency room like last year." Twilight Velvet replied.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

"Oh, that must be my friends." Twilight said.

She went to the door, opened it, and saw her friends.

"Hey, Twilight. You ready to go to the mall?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"You bet, let me just get my purse."

"You be sure to be home by 6:00, Twilight." Twilight Velvet told her daughter.

"Don't worry, I will. See you later, Spike."

"Bye, Twilight." Spike said.

And Twilight left the house, got in Rarity's car, and rode off to the mall.

The mall was understandably busy. People were trying to buy presents, working, and making sure things didn't get too crazy.

"Wow, it's busier than ants in ant hill in here." observed Applejack.

"We better get started before things start to sell out." Rainbow Dash informed.


"Okay, do we each have our list of who to shop for?" Twilight asked, taking a piece of paper out from her purse.

"I've got mine." Pinkie informed.

"I do too." added Rarity.

"Same, It was a good idea to make a list of people we need to buy gifts for." Fluttershy said.

"Thanks, now let's split up. We'll meet at the food court in a hour." Twilight instructed.

Everyone understood and then went into different directions. Their lists were pretty long since not only did they have to buy gifts for their families, but each other as well.

"Oh, this is so exciting. My first time shopping for Christmas presents for my friends."

Twilight said herself, as she looked at some stores.

"Okay first family, gotta find a gift for Mom, Dad, Shining Armor, and Spike."

Finding presents for her family was easy. She purchased a sweater for her mom, a watch for her dad, a new pair of shoes for Shining Armor, and a new bone chew toy for Spike. Now it was time to start shopping for her friends.

"Now what to get for Pinkie Pie?"

She looked around the stores, and something caught her eye. In a party store were some funky looking balloons.

"Perfect."

She was about to go pay for them, when something hit her.

"Pinkie probably has tons of these already."

So she decided to move onto another friend. She saw many things her friends would've liked. A new pair of boots for Applejack, a soccer ball for Rainbow Dash, some make-up for Rarity, and an animal book for Fluttershy.

But these were all simple things they probably had several of or one already. Soon it came time to meet at the food court.

"Hey, Twilight. Did you get some shopping done?" asked Pinkie.

"Yeah, but I still got more to do later on." Twilight replied.

"We got some good stuff. Hope you like your gift." Applejack mentioned.

"Yeah, I'm hoping you guys will like yours."

Though she was unsure about that answer.

Back at her house, Twilight had just hidden the gifts.

"Hey, Twilight." greeted Spike, coming into her room.

"Hey, Spike."

"How'd the shopping go?"

"It went fine, I found gifts for the family. But finding gifts for my friends will be a little harder."

"Why?"

"While I know them pretty well now, I'm not sure the simple gift ideas are a good idea."

"But I thought going simple was always the way to go."

"In some cases yes. But I need to do more research before buying presents."

"Oh, boy." Spike whispered.

He hoped his girl wouldn't go too far.

At school the next day, Twilight was ready to do her research; first she started with Fluttershy. They were currently in the library using the printer.

"Thanks for helping me print out these flyers for the animal shelter, Twilight." Fluttershy said.

"It's no problem, Fluttershy. So are you hoping to get anything special this year for Christmas?" Twilight replied.

"Well I'm hoping to get this really nice book on exotic birds." Twilight smiled at hearing that.

"My parents will probably get it for me."

That dampened Twilight's mood. Next she went to Rarity.

"Oh, there are so many things I'm hoping for for Christmas." Rarity told Twilight.

"Anything in particular?"

"Maybe some new earrings, a bracelet, a belt, or some boots."

"Oh really?"

Later that day when Twilight was at her locker, she was approached by Sweetie Belle.

"Hey, Twilight could you help me?" she asked.

"Sure, Sweetie Belle. What's up?"

"I just got this gift for Rarity. Do you think she'll like this bracelet?"

She showed her a box and in it was a silver bracelet with rhinestones. When she saw that her sister was getting her a bracelet that made Twilight glum again. But she put on a smile for Sweetie Belle.

"I think she'll love it."

"Great, thanks."

And she left.

"Well there goes on of my ideas for Rarity."

And it was the same for all the rest of her friends. Rainbow Dash already got a soccer ball for her birthday. Applejack already had lots of boots, and Pinkie Pie had tons of balloons.

"This shopping is going to be harder than I thought." Twilight told herself, as she left school when it was over.

Upon getting home, she told her problem to her parents.

"You could just ask them what they want." suggested Night Light.

"But then that would ruin the surprise, Dad."

"Well why don't you just see if they need anything new? That's a good way." Twilight Velvet

told her.
"Hmm, you may be onto something, Mom."

So that's what Twilight decided to do.

The next couple of days went by, and Twilight often paid visits to her friends' houses. She discovered that there were different things that her friends needed. Pinkie needed a new supply of confetti, Applejack's old lasso was fraying, Rainbow Dash needed a new stopwatch, Rarity's sunglasses were out of style, and Fluttershy could use a new stuffed animal.

With her research finished, Twilight hurried to the mall. It was more crowded, but Twilight managed to find the things she needed.

"Oh, I hope the girls like these."

At home, she placed the gifts in boxes and wrapped them up nicely.

"Good wrapping, Twilight." complimented Spike.

"Thanks, I'm really hoping I got my friends the right things."

"Don't worry, Twilight. Your friends will love them." he encouraged.

"I hope you're right."

"By what do you think of my gift for Rarity?" Spike wanted to know.

Twilight looked down, and saw in front of him was green and purple bouncy ball.

"It's my favorite ball."

"Uh, it's a nice gesture, Spike. But I don't think Rarity's going to watch a ball covered in dog slobber."

"Dang," Spike groaned in disappointment.

When Christmas Eve came the girls met up at the park.

"So when should we exchange our presents?" asked Applejack.

"I say we do It tomorrow afternoon." suggested Rainbow Dash.

"Great idea. That way we can spend time with our families and still see each other." Pinkie agreed.

"Where should we do it?" wondered Fluttershy.

"Well...we could do it at my house." Twilight offered.

"Splendid idea, Twilight. We'll meet up after Christmas breakfast." said Rarity.


Finally the big day came. On Christmas morning, Spike woke Twilight up.

"Twilight wake up, it's Christmas!" he yipped, as he jumped onto her bed.

"(Yawns), okay Spike I'm up." she told him.

She got out of bed, and after freshening up in the bathroom, she saw her parents were already awake.

"Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad." she told them.

"Merry Christmas, Twilight." said Twilight Velvet.

"Your brother will be here soon so we can open up the gifts." Night Light informed.

"Great, my friends will be here after breakfast."

"That's fine with us."

After a little while, the doorbell rang, Twilight answered it, and greeted her brother.

"Merry Christmas, Twily."

"Merry Christmas, bro."

"Well now that we're all here, let's do what we've all been waiting for." Twilight Velvet
declared.

And with that being said, they all dove into the presents that were under the tree.
"Twilight, thank you, for this lovely sweater." Twilight Velvet told her daughter.
"And this watch looks great." added Night Light.

"And I can't wait to wear these shoes." Shining Armor piped up.

"And I love this new bone." Spike mentioned, as he put it in his mouth.

"I'm glad you all like them. And I really like this new blouse, eyeglasses case, and socks."

After all the presents were opened they all sat down and had a breakfast of waffles and hot

chocolate. After about an hour, Twilight's friends arrived for the gift exchange.
"Merry Christmas girls. Thanks for coming." Twilight welcomed, as she let them in.
"Merry Christmas, ya'll." Applejack said.

"This is exciting." squealed Pinkie.

"Where should we do it?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Let's do it in my room."

After saying "Merry Christmas" to Twilight's family, the girls went upstairs.
"I hope you girls like my gifts." Twilight hoped, as she gave them out.
"She worked really hard to find them." Spike added.

"I'm sure they're wonderful." Rarity replied.

And with that they all tore them open.

"OMG, pink, purple, and blue confetti! Thanks Twilight."

"A new lasso. Just what I needed."

"I'm loving this stopwatch."

"These sunglasses are just my style."

"And this little stuffed bear is so cute."

"So...you guys like them?"

"We love them!" Pinkie squealed.

"Yeah, thank you." added Fluttershy.

And all the others thanked her too. Twilight smiled warmly.

"I'm glad you all like them."

"Well what are you waiting for, darling. Open yours." urged Rarity.

Twilight did, and she was happy at what she saw. Applejack got her some books on the Old
West, Rainbow Dash gave her a video game, and Rarity got her a new rhinestone compact.

Fluttershy gifted her with a cute penguin plushy, and Pinkie Pie's present was a purple
sweater.

"Thanks, girls. I love them all. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." they all said.

And they shared a group hug.