• Published 1st Feb 2024
  • 597 Views, 49 Comments

Yugioh EQG: Cyberse Tournament - Banshee531



Years after the defeat of Zeronull and his evil, Duelling is still the world favourite past time. And now, Duellist new and old will come together in order to compete in an all new tournament. Who will win? Who will lose? Let's find out.

  • ...
5
 49
 597

Turn 3: Deck Master Dynamics

The Cyberse Tournament's first round continues, with many competitors continuing to fight their way through maze in search of their first opponents.

"Dino Knight, Tyranno Lancer!" Scootaloo cried, as her monster charged and destroyed a Celtic Guardian. She smiled as she continued forwards, her monster vanishing whilst she turned a corner. When she did, she let out a gasp seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. "Yes!" She rushed forward, excited to see where she would be battling and who it would be again.

She leapt through the light and disappeared, the portal she leapt through vanishing not long afterwards.


In the canyon field, Flash Sentry and Sunset Shimmer continued their Duel.

Currently, it was Flash's turn and he had just summoned his Flash Heart Dragon Alpha. But with his opponent's Life Points at four thousand, he was gonna need something big in order to win. "Skill of Flash Heart Alpha!" Flash announced, as Flash Heart pointed at Haslash. "Since he was special summoned, the weakest monster on your field is now banished." A portal opened up behind Haslash and he was sucked inside, leaving Solar Flare Phoenix alone.

Adagio: "Flash Sentry, showing he is not ready to give up this Duel yet. And that's only one of Flash Heart's abilities."

"Since a monster was just banished, I get to draw a card." Flash did so and smirked. "Since the card I drew is a monster whose Level is less than Haslash's, I can summon it. Come on out, Magna Caster Rolleren!" In a flash of light, a wizard appeared on the field wearing purple and green robes. These robes had squares on them, with dots inside ranging from one to six. His wooden staff had a glass orb on the end, with a purple six sided dice floating within it. (A1300/D1500/L4/P5)

"That's a new one," Sunset frowned.

"Yeah. And it's just the card I need to tip the scales." Sunset raised an eyebrow at this, as Rolleren held up his staff. "Skill of Magna Caster Rolleren." The die inside the orb began to spin, eventually stopping with the three side glowing green. "Awesome. I just rolled a three, which means you now have to banish three cards from your hand."

"What?" Sunset looked shocked, as Flash simply smiled.

"Don't worry, you'll get them back at the end of your next turn. But until then, those cards are out of here."

"Just my luck," she picked all but one of the cards in her hand and held them up to disintegrate. "You have a new monster and its ability is the one thing that can stop my Deck Master."

"Isn't it just the way," Flash reached for his deck. "Now for Ratio's Pendulum Ability." He drew three cards and took out one. "I discard Level Three Lustrous Feather, Magna Leghorn." The card disintegrated and the lights flew up into Flash Heart. (A3100/D2000/L7/P4) "NOW ATTACK!" Flash Heart flew forward and socked Solar Flare Phoenix in the chest, causing it to explode and throw Sunset backwards.

"GYAH!" She cried, as he Life Points dropped.

Flash: 2400
Sunset: 3400

"Now, Rolleren!" Magical lightning sparked out of the staff's orb and formed an energy die, which Rolleren threw towards Sunset and slammed into her as she was standing up.

The girl grunted, as the die exploded and she was knocked staggering back.

Flash: 2400
Sunset: 2100

"I'll end my turn there," Flash smirked as Flash Heart's ATK returned to normal. "ready to give up yet?" Sunset lowered her arms and smiled at him.

"Oh, I'm just getting started. You'll be the one giving up when this is all over. Count on it." The pair knew neither of them were going to give up. This Duel was way too fun and if they ended up losing, it would only be after giving it their all and doing everything the could to win. This Duel was just getting started.


Meanwhile, as they rode atop a pair of train cars, Smolder and Ocellus' Duel continued. "It's my turn," Smolder drew her card and looked through her options, frowning before ending her turn.

Aria: "Things aren't looking good for Smolder. With only one monster on the field, she's not gonna be able to defend herself from Ocellus' next attack. What's she planning?

"Here I go!" Ocellus drew her card and nodded. "I summon Armored Bee, in ATK mode." A burst of wind signalled the appearance of the large metal insect. (A1600/D1200/L4) "Then, I'll have Beetle Blader destroy your Rock Dragon Brawler!" The insect charged, whilst the DEF position monster braced itself.

"I activate Rock Dragon Brawler's special ability," Smolder announced before discarding a card. "By ditching one card, I can negate his destruction!" Beetle Blader rammed his horn into the bulky man, but he was able to withstand the attack and knock the insect flying backwards. "And the card I sent to the Graveyard was a Trap. Calling All Brawlers. And when it's sent to the Grave, I can add one Dragon Brawler monster from my deck to my hand." She drew a card, as Ocellus tried to think.

"If only I'd powered up my other Monsters with Insect Knight's ability." She sighed, "no point crying over spilled milk. I'll end my turn."

"Then here I go," Smolder drew her card and smiled. "Yes. First, I'll summon Flame Dragon Brawler in ATK mode!" In a burst of fire, a muscular woman wearing a red shirt with a fire breathing dragon appeared. She did several punches and kicked into the air, causing burst of flame to appear. (A1600/D1400/L4) "When she's Normal Summoned, Flame Brawler blasts away five hundred of your monster's ATK points."

Ocellus watched, as Flame Dragon Brawler created a fireball and launched it at Beetle Blader. The sphere exploded against the insect, weakening it. (A1900/D1400/L5) "He's still stronger than your monsters."

"Maybe," Smolder discarded a card. "But wait until I fuse them together." Ocellus gasped, as Smolder's Deck Master opened its eye and created the sphere of light. She threw it above the monsters, who leapt into it as Smolder started chanting. "The brutal forces of fire and earth, will now merge to become an even greater force." A figure appeared in the light before it exploded, "I FUSION SUMMON!"

The light faded to reveal a giant of a man, covered in armor that appeared to be made out of molten rock. He was similar to a Thunder Giant in build, with giant dragon covered fists and flowing lava flowing under the rock. "Magma Dragon Brawler!" (A2400/D1500/L6)

"Ahh," Ocellus gulped.

"Magma Brawler's skill!" Smolder cried, as her monster raised its arms and created a ball of lava between them. "By skipping my Battle Phase, I can destroy every weaker monster you have and deal you two hundred points of Damage for each of them." Magma Brawler threw the sphere onto the train, which caused it to explode into a giant wave of lava.

Ocellus gasped, as the wave came crashing down on her and her monsters. "AUGH!" She screamed, those watching flinching as she was completely covered.

Aria: "Ouch. That has got to hurt!"

Smolder watched as the lava flowed away from Ocellus, expecting to see her knocked down. But to her shock, Ocellus was fine. The girl was surrounded by a golden light, which had blocked the lava from touching her. "Surprise." Smolder looked down at her Duel Disk, shocked by what she saw.

Ocellus: 3500
Smolder: 2600

"How the heck did you gain Life Points?" But then she noticed something beside Ocellus. A face up Quick-Play Spell.

"It's thanks to my Offerings to the Queen Spell. It lets me sacrifice any number of Insect Monsters on my field and gain three hundred Life Points for each of them."

Smolder realised what had happened. "You sacrificed your monsters before Magma Brawler's effect activated. With no monsters, you didn't take any damage."

"Exactly," Ocellus smiled.

Smolder frowned. Even though Magma Brawler's Ability failed, she had still lost her Battle Phase. Now she had no choice but to end her turn. "This isn't over."

"I know," Ocellus placed her hand on her deck. "It's just getting started."


"It's my turn!" Sunset drew her card, as the portal started forming above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!" The portal opened and a fireball flew out of it, exploding to reveal her monster. "Ignite your flame of victory, Solar Flare Phoenix!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

Adagio: "Sunset re-summons her best monster. Unfortunately, her Life points are just high enough to prevent that monster's ability from activating."

"Next, I summon my Sun-Ray Salamander!" In a burst of flames, a yellow black spotted lizard appeared with flames running down its back. (A100/D100/L1)

"A Tuner Monster!" Flash realised, as Sunset smiled.

"Too bad your little dice roll couldn't be one higher. If it had, I wouldn't have had this bad boy to use." As she said that, Sun-Ray Salamander leapt into the air and burst into flames. Doing so caused it to draw a circle of fire, which wrapped around her Phoenix. "Awaken the power sleeping within us all and allow your flame to burn brighter than ever." The Phoenix was consumed by a burst of light. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing Sunset's monster. A giant four winged bird, with golden armor and a much longer tail. "Solar Phoenix, Rebirth!" (A3000/D2500/L8) "And now for her ability, which lets me boost my power by one thousand!" Solar Rebirth spreads its wings and unleashed the embers, which began to rain down on Sunset and boost her Life Points.

Flash: 2400
Sunset: 3100

"And now, since I just gained Life Points, Torch of Life lets me draw a card." She did so and then pointed up at Incederrum. "Now, my Pendulum Monster's Ability Activates!" Incederrum sucked the flames out of Rebirth and swung them around. Hitting Rolleren. (A800/D1500/L4/P5) "Now attack!" Rebirth took to the air and began to target Rolleren, then dived down as its body burst into flames. At the same time, Sun-Heart Lion Cub's Pendulum Ability activated and increased her ATK. (A3300/D2500/L8)

Adagio: "If this lands, Flash Sentry will be out of this Duel!"

But at the very last moment, a flash of light occurred and Rolleren was replaced by another monster. Flash Heart.

The dragon raised its arms to protect itself, as the Synchro Monster slammed into him and caused an explosion. "AUGH!" Flash cried, as he was blasted backwards.

Flash: 1600
Sunset: 3100

"What just happened?" Sunset asked, as Flash let out a moan. He then stood up, as the smoke from the explosion cleared to show Flash's Face Down.

"You activated my Shift Trap," he explained. "This card lets me switch the target of an attack, Spell or Trap to any monster I pick."

Adagio: "Incredible! Flash Sentry managed to save himself from being destroyed. He might have lost his ace, but since it's a Pendulum Monster it'll be back next turn."

"Close call," Sunset smiled. "I'll place one card face down and end my turn." As she said that, three cards rematerialised in front of her to add to her hand. "Your move."

Flash frowned, as he drew his card. He knew he was gonna have to stall out this turn, since Sunset had her Deck Master's Ability. As such, the portal began to from above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!" The portal opened and the light shot out, his ace reappearing along with another Monster.

"Shine your light of victory once again. Flash Heart Dragon, Alpha!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

The next was a robotic humanoid with tiger themed armor, its left arm having a large gauntlet with a star on the back that the claws were coming out of. "Claws out, Star Fang Magna Tiger!" (2400/2100/L7) This monster took a defensive stance, alongside Flash Heart Dragon.

Flash then pointed at Rebirth. "Skill of Flash Heart Alpha!"

Sunset smiled, "I don't think so!" Her face down flipped up, revealing a trap. "Go, Trapped Below Deck!"

Flash frowned, "I've never heard of that Trap before."

"I got it in a recent booster pack," Sunset smiled. "All I need to do is pay a thousand life points to activate it."

Flash: 1600
Sunset: 2100

"Now, any monster that activated its effect has that ability negated." Flash Heart glowed, looking weaker. "What's more. It's then sent to the bottom of its owners deck." Flash's eyes went wide, as Flash Heart Dragon reverted back to a light and flew into Flash's deck.

"No way," Flash couldn't believe it.

"So glad I added that to my deck," Sunset smiled. "Knew it would come in handy."

Adagio: "Incredible! Sunset Shimmer has removed Flash's best card from the field. She knew banishing it might play into Flash's wheelhouse, so she chose a different way to make sure the monster wouldn't cause her any problems. Can Flash recover from this?"

Flash sighed, as he looked through the rest of the cards in his hand. "I place two cards face down, switch Rolleren to DEF mode and end my turn."

"My go!" Sunset drew her card and smiled, as the portal formed above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!" The portal opened up and a fireball flew out of it, slamming down on the battlefield and exploding to reveal Sunset's monster. "Ignite your flame of victory once again, Solar Flare Phoenix!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"Not good," Vail Pixie gulped.

"No, it's fine." Flash smiled at her, "we've got this."

"You sure?" Sunset asked. "Even after I use Solar Phoenix Rebirth's Ability?"

"No abilities for your oversized chicken!" Flash cried as one of his face downs flipped up. "Go, Power Restrictor!" From out of this Trap, a strange disk suddenly flew out. The disk slammed into Rebirth's chest and in a flash, it morphed into a piece of chest and back armor that suddenly unleashed a bunch of black metal bands.

"What the?" Sunset asked, as the chords surrounded its wings, feet and head. The bird squawked, attempting to move and only being able to do it very slowly. (A2600/D2000/L8) "What did you do?"

"Power Restrictor," Flash stated. "This Trap equips itself to any monster on the field and cuts its ATK by four hundred. It also negates that monster's Abilities."

"I see," Sunset frowned since that could be a serious problem. "You might have weakened her, but she can still attack." She pointed at Flash's monsters. "Go, Rebirth!" The phoenix unleashed a blast of fire from its mouth, which shot towards Magna Tiger and blasted it away. "Now, Solar Flare!" The smaller bird took off and flew through the air, its body igniting as it dived down towards Rolleren and smashed into it.

The explosion pushed Flash back, but he managed to stay on his feet as his field was made empty.

Sunset placed a pair of cards face down, "I end my turn." Flash sighed, as he lowered his arms and stared at Sunset. With Flash Heart gone, his field bare and her monster number growing, he was gonna need to think of something quick if he wanted to beat her.


Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle was currently facing off against an Alligator Sword.

She leapt back to avoid the sword before drawing a card. "Aria, the Melodious Diva! Rise!" In a flash of light, a pink skinned woman appeared wearing orange and brown clothing. She quickly sang a beautiful song, the soundwaves flying forward and slamming into the armed lizard.

As the beast exploded, she sighed in relief before heading forward. Aria waved as she disappeared.


Spike was also battling a monster, this one being a Gogogo Golem.

"Iron Tail Dragon!" He summoned the creature, who flew forward and used its scythe-like tail to slash through the golem. And as it turned to rubble, the wall it had sprouted from disappeared and revealed a light at the end of the tunnel.

"Finally," he sighed before heading towards it.


Meanwhile, Fluttershy continued to make her way through the forest area.

She reached the lake and expected her opponent to already be there. But when she looked around, she found she was completely alone. As such, she let out a sigh and decided to sit down. "I know I'm virtual, but my feet still hurt after all this running around."

When she thought about removing her shoes, they suddenly disappeared along with her socks. This allowed her to dip her feet into the water, allowing her to sigh in relief.

"That's nice." She sat on the lake shore and looked out at the water, wanting to be sure no water monsters suddenly attacked her. But nothing was coming and she was able to relax. At least until her opponent arrived.


Back with Smolder and Ocellus, the Insect Duelist reached for her deck. "It's my turn. I draw!" She looked through her cards and nodded. "I summon Super Centipede, in ATK mode!" A giant purple and black centipede appeared, with large lightning bolt shaped horns on its head. (A1600/D1500/L4)

"You think that's enough to beat my Dragon Brawler?" Smolder smirked, "that oversized cockroach will be burned alive when it tries to attack."

"Don't be so sure," Ocellus stated. "Have you forgotten about the ability of my Insect Knight?" Said knight began to glow, the light flowing over to Super Centipede. "By dropping his ATK points, I can add them to my Insect monster. And I'm giving them all to Super Centipede!" (A0/D1500/L4) (A3200/D1500/L4)

"No way," Smolder couldn't believe Ocellus was powering her monster up by so much. However, she realised something and smiled. "If I can get rid of Super Centipede, she won't be able to power any of her monsters up anymore. Her Deck Master will be complete useless."

"Super Centipede!" Ocellus cried, "destroy her Magma Dragon Brawler!" The Centipede let out several loud clicks, as it rushed forward with its head horns pointed directly at the Fusion monster.

Smolder braced herself and as the attack landed, her monster was destroyed and she was blown backwards. "WOW!" She crashed into the train and let out a moan, her Life Points dropping.

Ocellus: 3500
Smolder: 1800

Aria: "Amazing! Ocellus, despite being up against such a strong monster, was able to defeat it and knock her opponent's Life Points down to less than two thousand. Smolder's in trouble now."

Smolder groaned and picked herself up, turning to Ocellus and giving her an impressed look. "Not bad. But it'll take more than that to beat me."

"We'll see," Ocellus nodded. "I end my turn."

"Yeah, let's see." Smolder reached for her deck and drew a card. As she did, she reached for her Graveyard and removed a card from it. "I'm activating the effect of a Spell in my Grave. One of the ones I had to ditch to Fusion Summon." She held up the card and it disintegrated. "By banishing it from my grave, I can draw one card for every Level Four or lower Dragon Monster in my Graveyard.

Aria: "For those not keeping track, Smolder has four Level Four Dragons in her grave thanks to her Dragon Brawler's abilities."

Smolder drew four cards and smiled at one. "I summon Dark Dragon Brawler, in ATK mode!" A cloud of dark fog appeared in front of Smolder, which quickly faded to reveal a new monster. He was a bulky looking man wearing a purple shirt with a black dragon surrounded by dark clouds. (A2000/D100/L4) "And now, I'll use him to attack!"

"Are you trying to lose?" Ocellus asked, but Smolder smiled as her monster ran forward.

Suddenly, the warrior burst into a cloud of darkness that flew towards and then past Super Centipede. The next thing she knew, it reappeared in front of her and dealt a punch straight to her gut.

"AUGH!" She was knocked backwards and probably would have been thrown off the train, had Insect Knight not caught her.

Ocellus: 2500
Smolder: 1800

Smolder smirked, as Dark Dragon Brawler returned to her side of the field. "Pretty cool, huh? Dark Dragon Brawler can attack you directly. But it means you only take half the damage you would have taken."

"I see," Ocellus frowned. "That's gonna be tricky, if I can't get rid of it." She watched, as Smolder placed a card face down and ended her turn.

She reached for her deck and drew a card, trying to decide what to do with them. Eventually, she made up her mind. "I play Monster Reborn!" In a flash of light, Ocellus' Beetle Blader appeared looking as strong as it was before it was sacrificed. (A2100/D1400/L5) "Then, I'll summon Gunner Moth!" A flash of light signalled the appearance of a green and yellow humanoid moth. It had four arms and two legs, along with a tail on its but that ended in a gatling gun. (A1200/D1200/L3)

"Not good," Smolder had seen that monster in the Double X.

"Gunner Moth's skill!" The insect's gatling gun started spinning. "Since I have three insects on my field, three random cards from your hand are banished until your next End Phase." The gun fired and hit Smolder's hand, causing three of her cards to explode.

Smolder growled, realising her options were running low. "It'll take more than that to stop me!"

"We'll see!" Ocellus pointed at her. "Super Centipede, attack and destroy Dark Dragon Brawler!" The giant insect charged and tried to impale the man with its horns. But Smolder pointed at her face down.

"Trap Card, Open!" The card flipped up, "Negate Attack!" The Trap unleashed a wave of invisible force, which acted as a barrier that Super Centipede slammed into. It was knocked back, as it and all of Ocellus' monster found their energy being drained. "This Trap not only stops your attack, it ends the Battle Phase."

Ocellus huffed, but quickly placed a card face down and ended her turn.

Aria: "Smolder narrowly avoid a big hit there. But with barely any cards in her hand, she'll find herself in serious trouble if she can't find a way to overcome Ocellus' super strong monsters."

Smolder tried to think, but felt like she was in serious trouble. She was gonna need something big if she wanted to beat Ocellus.


"It's my turn," Flash reached for his deck. "I draw!" As he said that, the portal formed above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!" The light flew out and exploded, revealing his monster who took a defensive stance "Magna Caster, Rolleren!" (A1300/D1500/L4/P5)

Adagio: "With nothing else on the field, Flash won't be able to survive a double attack from Sunset's monsters. What is he gonna do?"

"Rolleren's ability!" The magician raised his staff and the dice started spinning, eventually stopping on a four. "Dang it."

"Why dang it?" Sunset asked.

"If Rolleren rolls a higher number the the cards in your hand, I have to banish the difference. If I can't or won't, I'll take five hundred points for each cards I didn't discard." He held up one card whilst Sunset held up her three, all of which vanished. "I'll place one card face down and end my turn."

Adagio: "Flash is in a really tight spot. Does he have a plan to get out of this?"

Sunset drew her card and frowned, since it wasn't a monster. "Solar Flare Phoenix, attack!" Her bird leapt into the air and ignited its body, diving down to try and destroy Rolleren. But before it could, Flash flipped up his face down.

"Trap Card, OPEN!" The card flipped up, "Dimensional Prison!" Sunset's eyes went wide, as her Pendulum Monster was suddenly sucked into a portal that appeared within the fissure.

The bird squawked as it was sucked inside, leaving Sunset with only one monster. "Solar Phoenix Rebirth! Blast that magician!" The phoenix squawked as it unleashed a blast of fire, destroying Rolleren. "I end my turn." As she said that, three cards appeared in her hand whilst one appeared in front of Flash.

Adagio: "Flash Sentry managed to get rid of Sunset's Pendulum Monster, but her Synchro Monster is still on the field. He managed to earn himself a brief chance to defeat Sunset. But what will he do?"

"It's my turn," Flash reached for his deck. "I DRAW!" As he did, the portal formed above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!" The portal opened and two lights flew out of it, both exploding to reveal Flash's monsters.

"Blow for good luck, Magna Caster Rolleren." (A1300/D1500/L4/P5)

The other monster, was a large robotic snake with a satellite dish around its neck. "Get to work, Reflector Scale Magna Snake!" (A1600/D1300/L4/P7) Flash then pointed at his Magician. "Rolleren's ability." The Magician raised his staff and the die began to spin, eventually stopping on a three. "Yes, now you banish three cards." Sunset sighed and picked the three cards to get rid of. "Next, I play Reverse Polarity!"

Adagio: "That's a good one, folks. It'll allow Flash to swap the ATK Points of any monsters on the field."

"I'll be swapping Rolleren and Rebirth's ATK points!" The two monsters glowed, the lights around them swapping places along with their power. (A2600/D1500/L4/P5) (A1300/D2500/L8) "Then I'll use the effect of Magna Caster, Ratio." Flash drew three cards and nodded. "I banish my Level Four Flash Knight." The card disintegrated and flew into Magna Snake, powering it up. (A2400/D1300/L4/P7)

Adagio: "Amazing. Flash managed to turn things around and get the upper hand on Sunset. How will she respond?"

"Rolleren, take out Rebirth!" The magician raised his staff and summoned the energy die, which he threw towards Rebirth. But before it could hit, Sunset activated one of her face downs.

"Spell Card, Open!" It flipped up, "Flames of Passion!" The Quick-Play Spell unleashed a blast of fire, which shot towards Rebirth and surrounded it. "This Spell lets me power up a Fire Monster until the End Phase. Plus, it makes that monster indestructible." (A2300/D2500/L8) The die slammed into the flames, hitting Rebirth on the head but not destroying it.

Flash: 1600
Sunset: 1800

Flash frowned, but pointed at the birth. "Magna Snake!" The satellite channelled energy into the disk and transferred it into his mouth, the snake then unleashing it right at Rebirth and hitting it head on.

Sunset groaned at the impact, but managed to stay her ground.

Flash: 1600
Sunset: 1700

Flash sighed, as he activated two cards. "I'm placing one card face down and playing the Spell Card, Mirage of Nightmare to End my turn." As he did, all the monsters on the field regained their original ATK points.

Adagio: "Oh. Now that is an interesting card to use. Mirage of Nightmare is a Spell that activates on the opponent's Standby Phase and lets Flash draw four cards. Then, on his Standby Phase, he'll be forced to discard four card. It won't give him much, but it might help him gain some new options."

"It's my turn," Sunset reached for her deck. "I draw!"

"And with that, my Mirage of Nightmare activates!" Flash's Spell began to glow, allowing Flash to draw four cards. "Next, I'll activate my face down." A Quick-Play Spell flipped up, "Emergency Provisions!"

Adagio: "Incredible. Flash set a card that would give him two advantages. That Spell lets him tribute any Spell or Trap on his field and increase his life points by a thousand for each one. That means he can tribute his Mirage of Nightmare before its bad effect activates."

Flash stared at his hand, as a thought seemed to run through his head. He then nodded, realising what he had to do. "I sacrifice Mirage of Nightmare...and Magna Caster Solaris!" Everyone watching was shocked, as both Flash's Spell and Pendulum Monster were destroyed. As he did, he glowed as his Life Points were given a boost.

Flash: 3600
Sunset: 1700

Sunset smiled, clearly impressed by Flash's guts. "He's up to something." She held up a card and slammed it down on her Duel Disk. "I summon Rocket Smasher!" In a burst of fire, a girl carrying a large hammer appeared on the field. (A1600/1400/L4/P2) "Next, I activate Incederrum's Pendulum Ability!" The two burst into flames, which flew up towards the Pendulum Monster and into his spear tip.

He then swung it around, unleashing a blade of fire that struck Magna Snake. The robot hissed, as its power was reduced. (A1000/D1300/L4/P7) "Great," Flash sighed.

Sunset then activated the last card in her hand. "Now for the Continuous Spell Card, Flame Union!" Fire Smasher suddenly burst into flames, which flew up into Rebirth. "Once per turn, I can sacrifice a Fire Monster on my field and give half its ATK points to any other Fire Monster until the End Phase." Solar Phoenix Rebirth let out a might squawk, the Power Restrictor she was wearing unable to keep her from moving. (A3400/D2500/L8)

Adagio: "Sunset's really bringing out all the stops. And since Fire Smasher is a Pendulum Monster, she'll be able to summon and sacrifice it again next turn."

"ATTACK!" Sunset cried, as Rebirth finally took to the sky and prepared to use its attack. As it did, Sun-Heart Lion Cub's Pendulum Ability kicked in. (A3800/D2500/L8) The bird unleashed the blast, which shot towards Magna Snake and created an explosion.

"AUGH!" Flash cried, as he was blasted backwards and smashed into the ground. Those rooting for him flinched, seeing his Life Points drop.

Flash: 800
Sunset: 1700

Adagio: "Oh my! If Flash Sentry hadn't sacrificed his Pendulum Monster, he would have been out. Now he's down to less than a thousand Life Points and he's running out of options. Is this it? Will Sunset Shimmer win this Duel?"

Flash groaned as he picked himself up, embers flowing through the wind all around him as he moved back towards the Fissure.

"I end my turn," Sunset announced. Rebirth's ATK return to normal and as it did, the three cards Flash had made her banish returned.

Flash stepped up to the fissure and as he did, Vail Pixie looked worried. "Are we gonna lose?"

Flash turned to her and smirked, "no way. We've got this in the bag. But I'm gonna need your help." Vail Pixie gasped and nodded, a smile on her lips as Flash turned back to Sunset. "This is it. The outcome of this Duel...will be decided on this turn." Sunset smirked, whilst those watching was shocked.

Adagio: "Flash Sentry has just declared it. If he doesn't win on his next turn, he will most certainly lose. What is he planning?"

Flash reached for his deck and took a deep breath, "here we go!"


Wallflower was running through the maze and as she turned a corner, she found a three star wall appear in front of her.

As she moved closer, it glowed and unleashed a burst of light. From this light, a monster named Gauntlet Warrior leapt out and tried to attack her. She gasped and jumped back, taking out a card and summoning it. "Florasaurus!" In a flash of light, a monster began to form. Said monster took the form of a green brachiosaur, though it was only the size of a giraffe, and around its neck were a bunch of pink petals.

The petals began to glow and as Gauntlet Warrior got close, the monster unleashed a blast of energy from its mouth and destroyed the warrior.

When it did, the wall disappeared and Wallflower saw a light at the end of the tunnel. "Okay. I can do this!" She rushed forward, ready to go up against anyone who might be waiting on the other side.


"It's my turn," Smolder reached for her deck. "I...DRAW!" When she did, she smiled at what she got. "First, I'm gonna summon Spark Dragon Brawler in ATK mode!" In an explosion of lightning, a lean and muscular man appeared wearing a yellow shirt with a dragon on it surrounded by storm clouds. (A1000/D1000/L3)

"That's not gonna be enough to take down my monsters."

"Don't be so sure." Smolder placed a card in her Duel Disk. As she did, the train began shaking.

"What's happening?" Ocellus asked, as the battlefield suddenly changed. The train below them disappeared and was replaced by a concrete floor, with concrete wall circling around them. The wall were about ten feet tall and above them was a metal domed cage that sealed them in. "Where are we?"

Smolder smirked. "We're inside the Dragon Brawler's Arena. A Field Spell that'll change things around. During either of our Battle Phases, any Dragon Brawler gains two hundred ATK points for every Dragon in my GY." She held up her Duel Disk. "And I've got six of them chilling away in there."

"That's an extra twelve hundred points," Ocellus gasped.

"That's right!" Smolder pointed at her, as both her monsters began to power up before charging forward. (A3200/D100/L4) (A2200/D1000/L3) "Dark Dragon Brawler, attack Super Centipede!" The purple shirted warrior thrust a fist into the monster's head, as it stabbed him in the chest. Doing so caused both monsters to explode, leaving the rest of Ocellus' monsters open.

Aria: With another Dragon in the Graveyard, her Spark Dragon Brawler will now gain another two hundred points."

Spark Dragon Brawler's glow increased, as it flew towards Beetle Blader. (A2400/D1000/L3) The man's fists sparked, as he punched Beetle Blader in the chest. The creature cried out, as he exploded and Ocellus was shocked. "Ahhhh!"

Ocellus: 2200
Smolder: 1800

"And whenever Spark Dragon Brawler destroys a monster, his ability lets me destroy another monster so long as it's weaker than the first!" Spark Brawler unleashed a blast of lightning, which struck Gunner Moth and destroyed it.

Ocellus cried out, as her field was made empty.

She panted and glared at Smolder, who smiled at her whilst ending her turn. As she did, three cards returned to her and her Spark Dragon Brawler's ATK points returned to normal.

Aria: "With a single move, Smolder has turned the table on her opponent. Can Ocellus do the same?"

Ocellus looked at her hand and frowned. All she had were two weak Insect monsters. They wouldn't stand a chance against Spark Dragon Brawler when he powered up. She had to rely on the card she drew. "It's my turn." She drew her card and what she got shocked her.

Smolder watched as she was clearly deciding what to do. She seemed unsure about something. "What's the hold up?"

Ocellus sighed and pointed at Insect Knight. "I'm Master Summoning my Deck Master!" Insect Knight leapt onto the field, shocking everyone.

Aria: "Ocellus has Summoned her Deck Master. Now, if it's destroyed, she will lose the Duel. What could she be thinking? Her Deck Master has zero ATK points."

"Next, I summon my Lightning Ladybug Tuner Monster!" In a flash, a robotic ladybug surrounded by lightning appeared next to Insect Knight. (A1600/D100/L3)

Smolder gasped. "Don't tell me..."

"Now," Ocellus cried, "I tune Lightning Ladybug and Insect Knight!" Lightning Ladybug leapt into the air, then transformed into three lights that formed a trio of energy rings. Insect Knight flew into these rings, going see through as he did. "Now watch, as the lady of the hive appears to fight in the name of her subjects." Insect Knight was consumed by the light, which exploded and blinded everyone. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded and revealed Ocellus' monster. It looked like a giant white spider. But upon closer examination, Smolder saw the upper body of a woman on top of it. Said woman had ivory skin and the same silver hair that the spider had. In her hands was a scythe, with a blade similar to the one the spider had on its front two legs.

She opened her eyes and smiled an alluring smile, whilst spinning her scythe to show how dangerous she truly was. "Insect Mistress, ARACHNIA!" (A2800/D1200/L7)

Smolder stared at the monster in surprise, knowing that beating this one wasn't going to be an easy task. But she had to win. No matter what.


Back at Flash and Sunset's Duel, Flash's final turn had begun. If Flash didn't win here, he was sure he was going to lose.

"Here I go!" Flash drew his card and as soon as he did, Vail Pixie flew into the air. "Now I activate Vail Pixie's Deck Master Ability." In that moment, he threw two of his cards into the air.

"Let's go!" Vail Pixie formed an orb of light, which the two cards flew into.

"What's going on?"

"By discarding two cards, I can add any of my Banished monsters back to my hand." Sunset watched as the cards vanished, replaced by a single card inside of the orb. Once it fully materialised, Vail Pixie flew down and the orb vanished to allow Flash to take the card.

Sunset frowned, trying to think of which monster Flash had returned to his hand. He had banished so many, she had lost track of them all. "Which one..."

"Let me show you!" Flash cried, as Rolleren was suddenly consumed by light. "I tribute Rolleren in order to summon Magna Caster...LUNARA!" The light died down and revealed the female spellcaster, wearing blue clothing with crescent moons on them and a staff with a crescent moon on the end. (A2400/D1200/L6/P1)

"Lunara?" Sunset asked, 'he must have had better choices to pick from. Why her?'

Flash smirked as he took another card and slapped it down on his Duel Disk. "Now, I set scale nine Nightlight Magna Sheep into the Pendulum Scale!" The pillar reappeared and the tiny robotic bulb covered sheep flew up, replacing Solaris. Doing so caused the portal above Flash's head to form. "Now watch, as I cut through space time and carve the arc of victory one last time." The portal formed and opened. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

Two lights shot out of the portal and exploded on either side of Lunara. "Rise and shine, Magna Caster Solaris!" (A1200/D600/L3/P8)

"Blow for luck, Magna Caster Rolleren!" (A1300/D1500/L4/P5)

Sunset gasped as she realised what happened next. "You're gonna make me banish my hand again."

"That's right!" Flash nodded, as his monster raised its staff and spun the die. "I just need a two or higher." Sunset prayed for a one and as the die began to slow down, it looked like it would land on a one. But at the last moment, it shifted to a completely different number. "Yes, I'll take a four!" Sunset frowned and her hand vanished, Flash holding up a card that did the same.

Adagio: "Flash managed to make Sunset's Deck Master Ability useless. But none of his monsters have the power to take out her monsters."

"He must be planning to use Ratio," Sunset whispered to herself. "But when he tries, I'll have a little surprise waiting for him." She glanced down at her face down, wondering if Flash had something to deal with that in his hand.

However, Flash didn't touch his hand. Instead, he held up his hand and pointed at his Pendulum Monster. "I now activate the Pendulum Ability of Nightlight Magna Sheep. The Pendulum Monster's lights began to glow before unleashing a beam of light, which flew up into the air and created a vortex above him. "I can now Fusion Summon, using any monster on my field."

"What?" Sunset asked, as Solaris and Lunara leapt up. "This is new."

The two monsters transformed into lights, which were sucked into the portal and mixed together. The swirling vortex grew bright, as Flash began to chant. "The power of the sun and the power of the moon. Two opposite forces, now merged into an even greater power!" The portal exploded unleashing a brilliant light. "I FUSION SUMMON!"

The light began to fade and from it, a new magician appeared. This one was wearing black armor and robes, with white trim around the edges. He wore black chest, arm and leg armor, with a black cape draped over it. His head was wearing a black helmet that covered everything except his eyes, with a black and white hat on the top. His chest armor had a white sun on the front of it, which had a black crescent moon inside. Smaller versions of this symbol could be seen all over his body and his black metal staff with white vines spiralling around it, also had the symbol for the head.

The new monster swung its staff around, unleashing black flames and black gusts of cold air. It then struck a pose, ready to do battle. "Magna Castor, ECLIPTOR!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P10)

Sunset stared at the monster in amazement, having never seen it before. "Incredible." She wasn't the only one in shock. Everyone currently watching the Duel was also in awe at its appearance. Even Adagio couldn't seem to find the words needed.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Flash smiled. "Now, let me show you what Ecliptor can do." As he said that, Ecliptor raised his staff and a portal opened up within the fissure.

Sunset looked down and saw three monsters appear out of it. Magna Wolf. Magna Chip and Magna Pegasus. "What?" Was all she could say, as the monster flew up into the Pendulum Fusion Monster's staff.

Flash smirked. "By shuffling three of my banished monsters back into the deck, Ecliptor can destroy one of your Spell or Traps!" With that, the Magician unleashed a blast of energy that flew down and struck one of Sunset's Face Downs.

"Augh!" She cried, as her card was destroyed.

The portal remained open and from it, Spino-Gear, Magna Bull and Space-Warp Dragon flew out and into Ecliptor's staff. "Fire!" Flash cried, his monster launching the blast and destroying Sunset's other Face Down. But this just made her smile.

"Thanks for that," she told him. "The Trap you destroyed activates whenever it's sent to the Graveyard." Flash's eyes went wide. "It's called Spell Summons. And it lets me activate one Continuous Spell Card in my deck." A card slotted out of Sunset's Deck, which she then activated. "Come forth, Dark Door!" The Spell appeared. "This card makes it so you can only attack with one Monster every turn."

Flash frowned, realising he couldn't blast Rebirth and then finish it with Rolleren. "Well then, guess I'll have to hope Ratio gives me a strong monster to banish." He reached for his deck and everyone watched.

Adagio: "In order to win, Flash has to power his Magna Caster up to at least forty three hundred. But does he have a monster in his deck strong enough to do it?"

They watched as he drew his cards, then smiled before picking one. "I banish...Flash Heart Dragon Alpha!" The dragonoid appeared above Ecliptor as an energy body, which flew into Ecliptor and began to power him up. (A3900/D2000/L7/P10)

"Too bad," Sunset smiled. "That won't be enough to defeat me." But then she saw Flash smiling. "What? Am I missing something?"

"Just Ecliptor's ability," Flash replied. "For every Monster I have banished, he gains three hundred ATK points." Sunset gasped, as Ecliptor glowed once again. (A4800/D2000/L7/P10)

"No way."

"Yes way," Flash stated as his monster leapt into the air.


At the same time, Flurry and her parents were watching and the little girl jumped to her feet.

"Yeah!" She cheered, "go Uncle Flash! Destroy that lame Synchro Monster." Shining covered his chest, looking like he had just been stabbed. They watched, as Ecliptor raised his staff and began to channel energy into it.


Sunset tried to think, but there was nothing she could do.

She let out a sigh. "Guess this is it." She stood tall, as Ecliptor unleashed the energy into a super powered beam. "You win, Sentry." With that, the beam struck her monster and exploded. Sunset screamed, as the force of the explosion knocked her flying backwards. Sunset Unicorn neighed, as it too was destroyed by the force of the attack.

Flash: 800 (Winner)
Sunset: 0

Adagio: "He's done it! Flash Sentry has defeated Sunset Shimmer and claimed victory in the first round. He will be moving on. But alas, this means we must say goodbye to Sunset. Such a shame, but that's the way the game works."

When the smoke from the explosion faded, Sunset was laying on the ground. Flash smiled and turned to Vail Pixie, who waved as she and his monster began to vanish.

Flash too a few steps back before running forward and leaping over the fissure. Being a virtual world, Flash knew he could make the jump if he believed he could. And sure enough, he landed on the other side and ran over to Sunset.

The woman moaned as she sat herself up, holding her head as she did. "You okay?" He asked, Sunset nodding as Flash helped her up.

"I'm fine." She let out a sigh, "looks like I'm out. And here I thought I was gonna go all the way."

"Not your fault," Flash replied. "That was a close match. If I didn't get the cards I did, I'd have been screwed against you." Sunset nodded.

"I guess. Doesn't change the fact. I'm out of this tournament." She held out a hand and Flash took it, the pair shaking with smiles on their faces. "Good luck in the rest of the tournament. You'd better go the rest of the way."

"You got it," Flash nodded. "I'm gonna do whatever it takes to win this." Sunset smiled before her virtual body began to digitise. It started at her feet and moved up her body, her hands and head being the last thing to go and leaving Flash to watch her disappear.

As he did, a portal opened up in front of him. This likely lead to a new battlefield and Flash's next opponent. The man took a deep breath and headed on through it, wondering how his next battle would turn out. If it was anything like this one, Flash was gonna be in for a fun time.

Author's Note:

Okay, you all knew Flash was gonna win. But I bet you weren't expecting that new Fusion Monster, huh. I don't know why I never thought to make Ecliptor in the original series. Oh well. Better late than never, hey. Let me know what you think.