• Published 26th Jun 2023
  • 551 Views, 15 Comments

Growing Bond (mature versions) - Zack Catcher



"Growing Bonds: PG Version" is a tender and heartwarming tale of young love between Zack and Flurry, filled with intimate moments and kisses. Recommended for ages 16+.

  • ...
7
 15
 551

chapter 6 Bonds of Friendship and Defiance

The next morning I woke up when and opened my eyes in surprise seeing Zack in front of me with one of my wings wrapped around him, I slowly pulled back my wing tucking it back to my side trying not to wake Zack up, and as I tucked my wing back in place I winced in pain by the opening in my shoulder from the spear that hit me, thankfully the bleeding stopped.

I got back onto my hooves, before looking at Zack's sleeping body to make sure he is fine, but as I looked over him I saw that all the injuries from yesterday were healed even the blood on the floor was gone, my eyes open as I looked at the side I was sleeping on, and just like I thought Zacks blood was on my fur coat, I grabbed a cloth and dipped it in the water barrel as I began to try and scrub the blood stains off of my fur.

A few minutes pass and I was able to get most of the blood off of me
I then turned around to see Zack was still asleep I then heard somepony talking. I looked around the cell for a moment but I didn't see any other pony down here. Not even a guard or two. I then turned around to see Zack’s mouth moving I then realised he was still asleep and he was talking.

“Oh…Flurry, you look…so…beautiful…then again…when was…the…last…time..you…didn’t look..beautiful”, he was still sleeping. As I was hearing this, I started to blush a little as I could guess what Zack was dreaming about. “Wait...Cadence…please…I care…about Flurry…don’t take her ...from me…I really…like her”, Zack said again as he was starting to shake a little. I thought he was having a bit of a nightmare so I then shook him to try and wake him up. “No...I’m a good changeling…in this…please stop…shaking…meeeee”, Zack said as his eyes started to open.

“Zack are you ok”, I said as Zack started to get up. “Flurry? What happened”, “I’m guessing we fell asleep in this cage”, I replied to his question as I rubbed my forehead with a hoof trying to remember what happened yesterday. “And I was having a really good dream '' Zack said as I turned to look at him, “I heard”, “Uhh, how much of that was out loud”, Zack said as his cheeks started to glow orange.

I playfully bummed him as I answered “Enough to think that you were both having a good dream and a bad nightmare”. “Well any dream or nightmare with you is a good one”, Zack said as his blush got brighter. “Did anything or any pony come down during the night?” Zack said, trying to change the subject. “I don’t think anypony has come down since Cadence threw us in here”.

And if on cue my Mom walks into the dungeon her head hanging low and sadness in her eyes "Flurry" Mom said as she raises her head looking at me tears in her eyes as she continues, "Flurry please you have to fight whatever spell he has you under," I looked at my Mom a little anger building inside of me as I replied, "Mom I am not under any spell, I am friends with Zack, and if you think I am not going to portray him just because he looks different and you don't approve of him, Zack is sweet kind and caring has not hurt me once and I doubt he ever will"

Mom let out a frustrated sigh before replying, "If that's what you feel then I will give Zack a chance, open the door", I look at Zack seeing his face light up a big grin growing on his face, my Mom looks at the guard that came followed her as she repeats herself, "well what are you waiting for open the cell door," the guard nods as he slowly opens the cell door letting me and Zack walk out.

I took a few steps towards the cell door before I stopped realizing that Zack was not following, I turned my head seeing him shaking in fear as he look at my mom

I then went over to Zack and sat in front of him. “Zack it’s gonna be ok”, I said in a smooth voice trying to calm him down. “But…what if… what if she hurts me again? I don’t want to get stabbed by the sp…spear”, Zack continued to ramble as I slowly wrapped a wing around him causing him to stop speaking and shaking, I smiled before whispering in his ear “, Zack, it’s going to be ok. I know you are scared I am too, but I am more scared of losing you and, If you do get stabbed then I’ll get stabbed as well”. Zack was a bit nervous at first but he eventually calmed down.

After Zack calmed down we both started to walk out of the cell, with my wing still wrapped around Zack trying to keep him calm, as we followed Cadence towards the dining room.

I can't blame Zack for being scared of my mom, after being hurt, no tortured is the proper word after being tortured by her I would think anyone would be scared when we got to the dining room Cadence pulled out three chairs, and my Mom sat down she tapped the chair right beside her symbolizing she wanted me to sit beside her on the other chair she pulled out, that just left the chair that was on the other side of the table

I gave Mom a quick glare before walking over to the other side of the table, Zack got himself up on his chair as I pulled out another chair beside his and I moved it right next to his seat before getting on and wrapping my wing around him, and as I did I felt how much Zack was shaking so pulled him closer to me trying to help calm him down, my Mom was giving me a stare of disappointment but I didn't care.

I just want to comfort my best friend after being tortured, and I am done being Mom's perfect little daughter, what has she ever done for me anyways ever since my Dad passed away, Mom has been distant she didn't even notice that I was hurting until yesterday, all she wants me to do is go to events, and now when I am finally happy she decides to worry about me.

Mom lets a cough catching my attention "Flurry dear I would appreciate it if you come to sit beside me instead of that thing" The moment I heard my Mom say that I replied trying not to yell "Mom this "thing" has a name his name is Zack catcher and for your request, I would like to decline I don't want to sit beside you not after you order you guards to torture Zack and now because of you he is scared of you and to put it plainly I am a little scared of you as well so right now I prefer to stay with Zack" I couldn't help but smirk as I saw my moms reaction to me pulling Zack closer to me and as I did Zack wrapped his hooves around my body. I felt a shiver go up my spin at the touch of Zack but I quickly calmed down as I could still feel Zack shaking in fear

After a few minutes of silence, the personal chef came out of the kitchen and turned to my mother “What would like for today mam” Mom turned to look at the chef saying “Today I think I would like to have some a hay burger and some fries, the potato one's no hay fries. and some of the apple jacks mini apple fritters, the recipe should be in the cookbook that is in there” The chef nods his head turning to me before he stopped and looked at Zack a little surprised before he started to walk towards us “and what would you and your companion like miss Flurry” I opened my mouth about to give my order before Cadence interrupted, “that changeling doesn't need anything, I think he got everything he needed from all the love he stole from my daughter”, Cadence said in a bit of an annoyed voice.

“But I’m still a bit-”, Zack said but Cadence cut him off again. I wanted to stop my mother but I could see that she wasn’t gonna let this go so I didn’t say anything. “And what you like to have Ms. Heart”. “Hmm, Could I just have some French toast please”, I said. “Coming right up”, The chief left, going back to the kitchen. After a little while, he came back out with me and my mom's food. I was about to start eating when I felt Zack holding me closer to him. I smiled as I went to eat my food.

We then ate our breakfast while Zack was holding me tight, my mother giving him a death glare. I offered to give him some toast when Cadence yelled “Don’t feed that creature more than he already has” I shot my mother a quick glare before turning back to Zack, and offering him the piece of toast again but Zack shook his head, I could see that Zack didn’t mind all too much about not eating but I still felt that guilty.

After we finished our meal Mom looked back down at us with an annoyed look. “I still can’t believe how my own flesh and blood could befriend a changeling”, “Mother why are we doing this again”, I said giving an annoyed look and voice. “Because I am still your mother and you still need to listen to me”.

“But he’s my friend and I will keep saying it," I said. “So will I”, Mom said as I could see she was trying to shout “It’s not that big of a deal”, I replied. “But my point still stands, why did you have to befriend a changeling”. “I don’t want to hear it Mom”, as me and my Mom continue to fight, Zack suddenly shout’s “Enough! I never wanted to do any harm. I don't know why I came here, and I don’t know why I stayed with your daughter”, Zack said with tears in his eye “You should have left when you had the chance you creature”, Cadence said. “Mom left him out of this”.

“You should have forced him out of the empire but you didn’t so this is what happened” “ok that's it, I am done! Come Zack let's get out of here”, I said as I got up and left the table with Zack still under my wing. “Flurry you get back here right now”, I continued to walk not responding to my mom, I couldn’t handle her like this right now let’s just hope this will blow over soon.

After a while of walking me and Zack made it back to my room, Zack came out from under my wing as I closed the door locking it. Right now I have never felt so angry. I never thought my Mom would do something like this. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath before I felt a ping of emotion and before I knew it I was crying, uncontrollably I had decided on my mother, and for what a changeling, suddenly I felt a squeeze around my torso and when I opened my eye’s Zack looked back at me “you didn’t have to do what you did Flurry, but I can’t thank you enough for standing up for me, I may seem confident but I am not”,

“What do you mean,” I said standing up and trying to compose myself waiting for Zack's answer “Be… because… because your perfect you are strong you are loyal, smart, kind and… you're beautiful” My eyes widen hearing that last word as I felt my cheeks getting hat as he continued “I wish I could do what you did and stand up for myself, but instead I was a quivering mess completely useless-” I cut Zack off pulling him into a hug “Zack don’t you dare say your useless, you have brought joy into my life ever since my… Dad passed. You may not be as strong as me, but I don’t care you are funny, caring kind, and sweet, you always know the right things to say to me”, I felt a few tears stream down my cheeks as I continued “please mark your not useless your my best friend, and I don’t ever want to lose you”


zack pat's my back before we break apart from the hug and head-to-bed I climbed into before Zack did the same, I smiled as I pulled zack closer to my body holding him tight with one of my wings "Never leave me Zack, please"

Author's Note:

this is a chapter that I came up with this story is what actually happened the of growing bonds is a family-friendly version