• Published 3rd Jul 2023
  • 1,140 Views, 23 Comments

Lukas: A New Generation - MyAwesomePony



After an accident involving one of Twilight's spells, Lukas gets sent to the future of Equestria and soon ends up on an adventure like no other.

  • ...
8
 23
 1,140

Chapter 4 - The First Unicorn

After what had just happened in the Canterlogic factory, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Sunny, she had just made a fool out of herself, and on top of that, she was unable to convince the Earth ponies that unicorns and Pegasi weren't harmful at all.

As Sunny, Hitch and I walked out of the factory and out onto the streets of Maretime Bay, the sheriff turned to face Sunny with a stern look on his face.

"Do you have any idea how many bylaws you broke in there?!" He asked.

"I’m sure you’re about to tell me." Sunny replied in a snarky way.

"Actually, for once I can’t, ’cause there’s so many!" Hitch protested. "I tried to warn you. I can’t keep associating with somepony who breaks every rule and causes chaos wherever she goes. I’m the Sheriff!"

"Exactly! Other ponies look up to you! You could help!" Sunny claimed.

Hitch let out a heavy sigh. "The law is the law, Sunny, and I’m here to uphold it and keep everypony safe."

"Aha! You just said "everypony."" Sunny pointed out. "That includes Pegasi and unicorns."

"Come on, Sunny, what did you think was gonna happen?" Hitch asked."You give a little speech and what? Everypony just magically welcomes unicorns and Pegasi into Maretime Bay? You keep saying there's nothing to be afraid of. Well, then, prove it."

There was a brief moment of silence between the two ponies, until Hitch let out another heavy sigh, before talking in a more quiet voice.

"All of that pony unity stuff was just a foal's bedtime story made up by your dad. Like it or not, this is the way it is and always will be." Hitch paused for a moment before continuing. "I'm the last real friend you got in this town. You really want to lose me, too?"

At that, Sunny fell silent as her ears drooped down and she let out a sad sigh. Hitch didn't even bother to wait for her to reply before he started walking away at a slow pace. Sunny and I watched as Hitch slowly walked away from us. I turned towards Sunny, who had a look of sorrow on her face.

"Sunny, are you alright?" I asked nervously.

Suddenly, my ears picked up the faint sound of laughing. Sunny and I both looked over and saw two fillies running around nearby and laughing, until they stopped in front of another one of those anti-unicorn posters. After staring at it for some time, one of the fillies let out a playful growl at the other one as they started running again, passing both Sunny and I until they were no longer in hearing range.

I then watched as Sunny started walking towards a nearby bench, she plopped herself onto the bench as she looked more disappointed than before.

Eventually, Sunny uttered something that almost broke my heart.

"I wish you were here, Dad."

As Sunny stared out at the ocean in silence, I had no idea what to do in this situation. I didn't know whether I should leave her so she could have more time to herself, or try to comfort her. After much consideration, I found myself walking towards the bench that Sunny was on and sitting next to her. In an attempt to make her feel better, I wrapped an arm around her body in a comforting way.

"Sunny, listen to me." I said quietly. "I know things aren't looking good for you right now, but things will get better."

"How do you know?" Sunny asked.

"Well, I don't." I replied honestly. "But you just got to stay positive, you'd be surprised how far that could take you."

"But didn't you see what happened back there? I'm never going to convince them." Sunny moaned. "I've been trying for a long time, and yet I still can't seem to do it. It's pointless."

"Oh Sunny, don't be like that." I encouraged. "You'll get there someday."

Sunny opened her mouth, as if she was about to say something, but she quickly stopped herself as her mouth hung open, her expression more thoughtful as she was processing what I had just said to her.

"I guess you're right." She spoke out, before wrapping her front hooves around my body in a soft embrace. "Thank you, Lukas. I'm so glad we met."

"I'm glad we met too." I replied, returning the embrace.

However, our moment was cut short when we began to hear the sounds of distant screaming of horror.

"What the...?" Sunny said, clearly confused.

Sunny and I both looked over to see half the population of Maretime Bay running in our direction, they screamed as they raced past us, it was like something or someone was chasing them.

"Whoa what's going on?" I asked, looking around at the crowd of screaming ponies. "Why is everybody running?"

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a gasp coming from right next to me. Looking over, I saw that Sunny was looking at something in the distance with a shocked look on her face. I was confused at first, until I noticed what Sunny was looking at, or to be more accurate, who she was looking at.

"Hi, new friends! My name's Izzy!"

Standing right in front of us with a huge grin on her face, was a mare. This mare had a purple colored coat, a long blue mane and tail, and purple eyes. But what made Sunny and I stare at her in disbelief was the fact that there was a long light purple horn coming out of her mane, which could only mean one thing...

"U... U... Unicorn!" Sunny exclaimed.

As it turned out, Sunny and I weren't the only ones shocked about the presence of a unicorn, because nearby ponies began screaming and running away from the unicorn. I even saw one pony jump down a manhole, I'm surprised they didn't react like this when I first came to Maretime Bay.

"Ooh, is everypony playing hide-and-seek?" The unicorn, who had introduced herself as Izzy, asked, seemingly unaware that she had just caused a town-wide panic. "I see you!" She called out to a pony who was hiding behind what looked like a smoothie cart.

"It's a unicorn!" The stallion screamed as he proceeded to jump off the railing and into the ocean below.

Izzy then took notice of me as she stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me closely. "Wow, you're a weird looking pony."

"Oh I'm not a pony, I'm a..."

"Unicorn attaaaaaaaack!"

I was suddenly cut off when I heard the distant sound of Hitch screaming, before I heard what sounded like an alarm.

"This is not a drill! I repeat – this is not! A! Drill!" I heard Hitch cry out.

"So they've been practicing for this?" I thought to myself.

I didn't have to wait that long to get my answer, as at that moment, metal squares with a red 'x' on them began appearing all over the floor. I assumed that these were the unicorn traps that Sunny unknowingly demonstrated back at the Canterlogic factory.

"Wow! Is that the sea? I've never seen the sea!"

I looked over to see Izzy walking towards the railing that overlooked the ocean, but unbeknownst to her, she was about to walk right onto a unicorn trap.

"Izzy, look out!" I exclaimed, before I ran up to her and pushed her away, just as the unicorn trap activated.

"I've gotta get you out of here!" Sunny said frantically as her and Izzy both ran off, with me not too far behind.

"Earth ponies are serious about games." Izzy pointed out.

"They're not playing! They're terrified!" Sunny replied.

"Oh, no! Of what?" Izzy asked, her voice now sounding worried.

"You! You're a unicorn! Earth ponies hate unicorns!" Sunny explained.

"Really? That seems a little harsh." Izzy thought.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I panted, trying my best to keep up with them. "Plus, you haven't even done anything."

As Sunny, Izzy and I ran out of an alleyway and into town square, green slime splattered around us, we looked to see that Phyllis had set up two of those slime catapults and was aiming them at us, but mostly Izzy.

"Let's go!" Sunny called out.

With that, we made our way out of the alleyway as we took cover behind a tram. It was total chaos, ponies continued running amuck and green slime was still splattering everywhere, and all of this because Izzy just walked into the town. We then ran out from behind the tram and back out onto the street. Even though they were aiming at Izzy, some of the slime still ended up on me.

After a while of running, I looked back to see that Izzy was no longer running behind us. I stopped for a moment as I scanned the area for the unicorn. I eventually found her walking towards a movie theater, but as she walked up to it, I saw that there was another unicorn trap in front of her.

"Ooh, I haven't seen this one yet."

"Izzy, wait!" I yelled out.

But it was too late, Izzy ended up walking right on the unicorn trap, causing her to be encased in the metal box with the red siren on top flashing. Sunny and I both gasped in unison as Hitch then came into view.

"All right, citizens, calm down. The threat has been neutralized. The unicorn has been captured. You may now cheer."

At that moment, the ponies who were hiding nearby began cheering. But while they were cheering, Sunny began to walk towards the metal box, getting the attention of Hitch.

"Sunny!" He called out, stopping her in her tracks as the ponies stopped cheering. "What are you doing? Don't even think about it. No, don't you dare. No, no, no, no!"

Despite Hitch's warning, Sunny ignored him and pushed a button that was on the side of the box.

"Sunny!" Hitch moaned.

Soon enough, Izzy was free from her metal box, not even remotely affected by it. "So, your name's Sunny?" She asked with that same massive grin.

Suddenly, the ponies went back to running around and screaming, some of them even getting trapped in the various unicorn traps that surrounded the area. Seeing our chance to escape, Sunny, Izzy and I took off running again.

"Bye! It was nice to meet you all!" I heard Izzy call out.

"Well, that could've gone better." I thought to myself.