• Published 3rd Jul 2023
  • 1,140 Views, 23 Comments

Lukas: A New Generation - MyAwesomePony



After an accident involving one of Twilight's spells, Lukas gets sent to the future of Equestria and soon ends up on an adventure like no other.

  • ...
8
 23
 1,140

Chapter 1 - A Spell Gone Wrong

My name is Lukas Hart, and I've been living in the magical land of Equestria for a long time now, probably about two years or so. You're probably thinking to yourself, how did I, a regular eighteen-year-old, find myself in a world populated with magical talking ponies and other creatures that you'd only see in fairy tales? Well to tell you the truth, I don't even know how it happened. I couldn't even remember what my life was like back on Earth, all I could remember was waking up in this strange, colorful world, and soon enough, I found myself getting accustomed to my new life in the magical land of Equestria.


The day started off as you'd expect, the sun shining down on the small town of Ponyville, birds were racing across the clear blue sky as Pegasi flew about clearing away all the clouds, allowing the bright yellow rays of sunlight to envelop the village in a golden light.

Today was a big day for me however, for today, The Princess of Friendship herself Twilight Sparkle had just sent me a letter, telling me that I was needed at her castle at once, she didn't specify why I was needed, only telling me that she wanted to show me something. After a little walking, I soon found myself in front of The Castle of Friendship as its purple crystals sparkled in the sun. I approached the two big golden doors and gave a polite knock.

"Coming" I heard a voice inside call out, but it definitely wasn't Twilight. After a while, the door opened revealing a certain small purple dragon. "Oh hey Lukas, Twilight's waiting for you in the library."

"Thanks Spike." I replied as the small drake allowed me to enter.

"Twilight?" I called out.

POOF!

Suddenly, a big flash of purple light appeared, making me shield my eyes. I looked at where the flash of light came from to see none other than Twilight Sparkle staring at me with a huge grin.

"Right here, Lukas." She exclaimed.

"Geez Twi, you nearly gave me a heart attack." I said, before I gathered my composure. "Anyways, you said you wanted to show me something?"

"Yes, follow me." Twilight replied, before she walked off, with me following behind.


"Okay Lukas." Twilight began as we both entered the library. "Since you're still unfamiliar with Equestrian magic, I figured that I would show you some of my spells to give you a better understanding." Twilight explained.

"Oh, what kind of spells?" I asked, intrigued.

"You know, teleportation, levitation. That kind of thing." Twilight answered, receiving a nod from me. "First up, teleportation."

To demonstrate her teleportation abilities, Twilight proceeded to teleport herself in different places in the library. I watched as she appeared and disappeared from one place to another and I was impressed with her speed in doing so. When she was finished, she suddenly appeared in front of me, I even noticed a little bit of smoke coming out of her horn from how much she had used her magic just now.

"Wow, pretty impressive." I admitted.

"If you think that's impressive, watch this."

Twilight then levitated a book out of the bookshelves with her magic as the book was engulfed in her magenta aurora. At first, I didn't think it was really that impressive, but then she began levitating every single book on the shelves as she spun them around the room, making me feel like I was in the middle of a book tornado. Suddenly, in a flash of light, all the books were soon back on the shelves, exactly where they were last.

"What did you think of that?" Twilight asked, waiting for my feedback.

"That truly was something." I replied, at a loss for words.

"But that's not all." Twilight announced.

Before I could ask what else she could possibly do, Twilight sat in the middle of the library as she closed her eyes, seemingly concentrating hard on her next spell. At that moment, purple swirls began circling around the princess as another white light flashed in my eyes as I watched Twilight intently, wondering what spell she had planned. All of a sudden, I heard the door to the library burst open.

"Hey Twilight!"

I turned over to the source of the voice, it was Pinkie Pie, she was standing there happily, but due to the loudness of Pinkie's voice, Twilight began to lose concentration in her spell as the whole room started to shake. Pinkie, realizing the trouble she had just caused, frowned.

"Is this a bad time?" She asked innocently.

I didn't even get the chance to answer before I heard the sound of a magic blast, I looked over to see a giant purple beam heading straight towards me and my reflexes weren't quick enough to jump out of the way of the trajectory, and it made contact with me, I felt a bright wave of hot energy as everything around me was white, if I had to compare it to something, it would be getting struck by lightning.

My body was thrown across the room as my ears began ringing and my vision started getting blurry. My ears then picked up the sounds of two high pitched screams, I then looked to only see a pink and purple blur coming into view, I could tell they were saying something, but all I heard was a heap of incoherent mumbling. Eventually, my eyelids were starting to get heavy as my entire body was stiff.

And finally, I blacked out...


"Are you okay?"

That was the first thing I heard when I came to consciousness, the voice that had just spoken sounded like a female. My eyes were still closed, but I was still able to hear the sounds around me. Slowly, I opened my eyes to find myself lying on the grass, and I wasn't alone. Staring down at me with a worried expression was a mare.

This mare appeared to be an orange Earth pony with emerald green eyes, and dark magenta eyebrows. She had a magenta-and-purple colored mane and it was tied back in a braid with aquamarine elastics, and she wore a blue helmet on her head. Her tail had no braiding and was of average length and she also wore a blue saddlebag around her body, with some oddly familiar looking buttons on the strap. Looking down at her hooves, I realized that she was wearing roller skates.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I've been worse." I said, replying to her question earlier.

"You know, I don't believe I've seen a creature like you before." The mare commented, observing me closely. "What are you exactly?"

"I'm a human." I replied.

"A human?" The mare said confusingly.

I nodded in response, before lifting my body up and examining my seemingly new surroundings. "Hey, this doesn't look like Ponyville."

"Oh, no, you're in Maretime Bay. I was just heading down there when I suddenly saw a purple flash of light and the next thing I knew, you arrived here." The mare explained. "How did you end up here anyways?"

I groaned as I rubbed my throbbing head, trying my best to recall the events that led up to me waking up.

"Uh... I think I was watching Twilight perform one of her spells and..."

"Wait a minute, wait a minute!" The mare called out, interrupting me in the middle of my explanation. "Did you just say Twilight?"

"Yeah?" I said puzzled, wondering why she interrupted me.

"Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yeah?"

"The Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yeah?"

"Oh my gosh, this is amazing!" She exclaimed happily. "I'm meeting someone who is friends with Twilight Sparkle."

As she rambled on about how exciting this information was, I stared at her in pure confusion, wondering to myself why she was making such a big deal about the fact that I was acquainted with the purple Alicorn. I decided to express my confusion.

"Why are you so excited?" I asked.

"You see, Twilight Sparkle was a pony from the past, and her and her friends worked together to keep Equestria at peace and harmony."

Twilight Sparkle? A pony from the past? What was she talking about?

So many questions were circling around my mind. Had I somehow been transported to the future? How was I going to go back?. As hard as I tried, I couldn't think of a single logical answer for any of these questions. I started breathing frantically as I was beginning to freak out. The thought of being sent to the future, with possibly no way back, is a thought that no one ever wants to think of.

"Whoa, calm down." The orange mare said worriedly.

"Is this a dream? Am I in the future?" I asked frantically. "This can't be happening."

"Don't worry, everything is going to be okay." The mare tried to reassure me. "Just take deep breaths."

Following her instructions, I slowly inhaled and exhaled multiple times, trying my best to gather my composure. I looked back at the mare, who had a small smile on her face.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Don't mention it."

Suddenly, the mare gasped loudly. "Oh my gosh, I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Sunny Starscout, but you can just call me Sunny."

"Nice to meet you, Sunny. I'm Lukas." I said, returning the greeting. I then attempted to stand up, but I struggled a bit as I groaned and grunted in pain, making Sunny worried again.

"You sure you're okay, Lukas?" She asked nervously.

"Yeah really, I'm fine." I reassured her.

"Okay, if you say so." Sunny said in an unsure tone. "Well don't worry, we're going to find a way to get you back."

I smiled, before deciding to change the subject. "So, you said you were heading to this Maretime Bay?" I asked, recalling what she said earlier.

Sunny eagerly nodded. "Uh huh, and I have a plan for today."

"A plan? What kind of plan?"

"Come with me, I'll show you." Sunny exclaimed, motioning me to jump on her back.

I was hesitant to go with her, after all, we had only just met, but if I was going to find a way back, I might as well have to trust her for now. With that, I hopped onto her back as she skated off towards a huge town in the distance.


To Be Continued...