• Published 10th Jul 2023
  • 382 Views, 8 Comments

Conflict of Elohim - MangaBro



For millions of years, Creatures have been ruthlessly killing each other over who they thought were superior, but one unicorn decides to rise up and end the hate.

  • ...
 8
 382

Chapter 6 - The Prince Arises

Lionstone

It had been two days since the battle of lionstone had ended, leaving what was once a beautiful land forged of stone and fire into a wasteland filled with the feasting of crows. The other lions who had evacuated away from the battlefield into the towns and villages of the countryside were distraught after hearing the death of the king. Most of the children now had no homes to return to nor food. The soldiers who guarded the townsfolk tried to provide as much resources they could get from the sea, which was scarce. News of Leo's sail to the west had also reached the towns and villages, causing another wave of hysteria among the civilians.

Avowal Village - North of the land of Ragakno
The land of Ragakno resided in the north of Lionstone, and was surrounded by three great stone Lion heads said to have been built by Nemean Lion of the Antediluvian Era. The heads were held to the ground by the enormous chains that were placed deeply into the earth. towns and villages were built in stone. Inside of the country resided villages and towns, each containing the same straight row of tall, tone built houses with triangular roofs built with brown oakwood.

Avowal was way bigger than the usual villages, and also the closest to the majestic sea. Shimmering lakes ran through the grounds and the plants bloomed with grace.
During the war, many in the land of Ragakno who wished for guaranteed protection from the war, along with villages with fewer resources nearby came rushing to the village of Avowal. But the place had already been flooded with war orphans and broken families. The resources were great in Avowal, but there was not enough to feed the Lions of numerous villages. Therefore, the Lions were forced to leave, some even had to be killed due to their resilience. Celestia considered destroying the country and more, but Luna was able to stop her.

Two days later, after the war had settled, the village hadn’t suffered any major casualties from the war. There was still enough food from the sea to provide for the war orphans, as well as foster homes. However, the news of the king’s death had reached the land, causing worry. Remaining soldiers hunted for food in the woods nearby to feed the civilians, but since of the hysteria of the lions they began to become more forceful for food, causing numerous massacres of forceful civilians all across the country.


The remaining soldiers of the battlefield searched for Songar Crestwood. They searched in the forest. He was nowhere to be found. The other half of the remaining troops searched the sea, even sending the small amount of ships they had to enhance their chances of searching for him. But once again, he was not found. The final batch of soldiers searched the ruins of the old castle, even going as far as searching the four battlements that surrounded the castle that were structured in the shape of large, rising paws.

The one leading the search of the castle was a young lioness of 17. She stood as tall as the soldiers she was leading, and had razor sharp claws the size of blades. Her eyes were as bright as the sun, but differed in colors; her right eye was bright red, while the other was bright green. Across her green eye contained a deep scar she had obtained from a sword during the war. Her name was Narayaka Fya.

"Captain!" Shouted a soldier, ramaging his paws through the rubble, staring at the female commander. "The prince, he's here!"
The pile of rubble revealed an unconscious Songar, along with his deceased mother who had been stabbed by spears. “Pull him out!” Commanded Narayaka, rushing over to help the soldiers pull the prince out of the rubble. After burning the rubble with the power of the sun, they laid him flat on his side on the blood-soaked grass where the scrapes and gashes were most present.

Songar soon regained consciousness and let out a painful groan as he saw the blurred faces of the soldiers hovering over him. His head was spinning rapidly and his vision kept fading in and out. He felt as if he had entered a new world with no memory of the past one. What’s going on? He questioned himself
“The king has arised.” A soldier mentioned as Songar coughed the ashes of the castle from his mouth.

“Go get one of the mages!” Narakaya commanded one of the soldiers.

As the soldier moved out of view, Celestia’s sun caught his eyes, blinding them for a short amount of time. It was only them when he was reminded of the horrors of the war. He shot up, the blood from his wounds trickling onto the ground, painting the grass an even darker shade of blood. Narayaka tried to restrain him from moving, but Songar refused to listen and limped over to the rubble he was once trapped in. “Mother? Where is she?!” He demanded, looking around frantically for an answer.

“You need to rest, prince! Your wounds will only worsen if you keep moving around!” Narakaya shouted once more.
“That wasn’t the question!” Shouted Songar. “Where is my mother, and what happened to our foes?!”

A soldier sighed deeply. “The war was lost, young prince.” He answered. “Our forces could not hold against the wielders of the sun and moon.”

Songar’s eyes dilated in fear.
“We have been searching for you for two days, my prince.” Narakaya added. “It is only by the luck of Elohim that we were able to find you.”

“Two days?!” Stressed Songar. He then took a moment to observe the carnage resting behind the soldiers. There was nothing but pure death, no sign of life in sight. The crows feasted on their bodies as if it was a delicious meal.

"The crows…" murmured Songar. "Feeders of the dead…"
It is your time, nephew.

The strains or Songar’s hair raised as heard the voice. It was his uncle, Serthrawl Crestwood, the warden of the southern countries. His fur was drawn in a grayish-red color, and he wore a black fur coat, the sides engrossed in the fur of other creatures.

"Why are you here?! You're supposed to be watching over the south!'!” Complained Songar.

“I left the safety of the south in the paws of your aunt.” Explained Serthrawl. “But it’s not about the south just now, a matter like this is about the entire land."

"What are you talking about?" Songar asked, his voice stammering, dreading the answer.
"The time for a new king has arrived."

Answered Serthrawl with a moment of hesitation. There was then a moment of silence. No one knew what to say. Songar felt his breath speed up steadily as he looked at the destruction of the dead bodies.

"Wait, if I'm king, then my father must be…"
"Dead, yes." Serthrawl confirmed. "The same goes for your mother."
Songar had a flashback to his mother's frightened face in the basement. "She died protecting me…" He mumbled angrily, his claws digging into the dirt. Tears of anger then flowed from his eyes.

Serthrawl gave an order to one of his guards, but the words were not clear to Songar, his constant angry snarling along with his huff-puffing barking made him unable to hear the sound. His tail was sweeping rapidly from side to side. It's not like he cared anyway. His mother and father were dead and he was now going to be crowned king by his own uncle.

The guard then handed Serthrawl a huge, white rectangular container, structured in grayish stone. He wasted little time opening it for Songar. Inside of the container was his father’s signature weapon: A long spear adorned in metal striped of fire, and a sharp, golden tip that shone in the light of Celestia's sun.

"My father's weapon…" He realized.
Songar kneeled down and stared down at the spear, his tears of anguish almost extinguishing the flames of the sword. Serthrawl put a paw under his chin and pulled his head. With a look of seriousness, he ordered him: Do not cry, we prideful never cry.

Pride… Pride.. Songar couldn't fathom how much he hated that word. There had been so many times where he had pent up emotions and wanted to cry, but the elderly insisted him not, even his father. He never understood it. Why can't he cry? His father had only taught him to be strong so the tears that fell almost didn't feel real. Nonetheless, he listened to his uncle's words and removed his tears, and looked up at his uncle.

"Tomorrow, there will be a funeral for the king and queen at the steps of the sea. The day after that, you will begin your trial to obtain the crown." Said Serthrawl, embracing Songar with a hug.

Songar growled and let out a roar of sadness.
"I will kill them all… all of those horses, including the ones of the sun and moon… they will not get away with this… I promise that to our creator… both of my parents died so I could walk on, I will honor them!" He swore In angry sobs before fainting from his wounds and falling onto the blood-soaked floor.

Chapter End