• Published 10th Jul 2023
  • 382 Views, 8 Comments

Conflict of Elohim - MangaBro



For millions of years, Creatures have been ruthlessly killing each other over who they thought were superior, but one unicorn decides to rise up and end the hate.

  • ...
 8
 382

Chapter 3 - Rarity of House Silvershine

Rarity began scrambling to put on her blue dress, the bits of fake diamonds attached to it shimmering in the reflection of the gold edges of the mirror on the wall. She put the golden necklace sitting on the table in her magical grasp and steadily wrapped it around her neck.

She put on her golden horseshoes and went over to the mirror, glaring endlessly in disappointment. She couldn’t quite get over of how much she despised the dress. Nothing about it spoke to her, nor stuck out.

The light-blue fabric was so unbearably plain, and the diamonds obviously weren't real, diminishing any kind of its value. "Oh well, I have to be perfect today." She muttered to herself, letting out an angry snort with an angry look.

She took one final glance over at the never-ending horizon. May the creator watch over me. She thought before running down the stairs where her father, Glamor Silvershine and sister, Sweetie Belle Silvershine, dressed up in the exact same outfit as hers, only smaller. In contrast to Rarity's reaction, she looked was completely fixated on it, her eyes shimmering with amazement at the fake diamonds. Rarity was kind of delighted that her little sister was enjoying the dress, even though she was completely oblivious to how fake it was.

Her father's coat was a beautiful shade of sliver, with a mane and beard of blood red. The color of his eyes matched Sweetie Belles, but they were slightly darker, resembling a tiny sort of uniqueness.

Father Glamor noticed his daughter slowly walking down the steps above him, trying her best to shield herself from making eye contact. "Don't be shy, my daughter." He said, gracefully. "Your prince must be dying to see you. Come."

Rarity silently groaned, reluctantly. She couldn’t fathom how much she despised those words. If I uttered the words, he would most surely have my life. She thought. "Just a minute, father." She replied, annoyance dripping from her voice.

She eventually made it down the stairs, flipping her mane out of the view of her right eye. Her father went up and greeted her while Sweetie Belle continued to stare at her dress, starstruck.

"You look so beautiful, dear." He said, rubbing his hoof through her mane.

"The Canterlot guest, are they here too?" Rarity asked, dodging Glamor's compliment.

"They couldn't make it, unfortunately." Anwsered Glamor. "Their ship sank last Night. But, that doesn't matter now, this is your wedding day."

"Woah, wait—what?" Rarity was baffled. "What do you mean It doesn't matter? Those were biggest supporters... there were children!"

Glamor gently raised Rarity's chin up to face him, his glare bringing an eerie feeling upon her. "Do you honestly believe that a few deceased horses would prevent my daughter from tying the knot?" He asked in a tone too weird for Rarity to describe. "No, I would never. Forget about them."

"About who?" Asked Sweetie Belle, breaking out of the trance the dress had put on her.

"Your grace!" A pony with a dark-pink coat walked in, half of her horn broken off from a previous war. "The ships have—"

"Sunk, I know." Glamor confirmed, causing Rarity to groan in anger and disappointment. "Where is the Blueblood boy?"

The pink-coated mare hesitated to answer. "They're. . .just outside, sir." She replied.

"Good." Glamor said, he then turned back to Rarity and licked his lips. This union shall reinvigorate our home, rendering it as mighty as it ever was in ages past. He thought. "You must go out to your lover now, my daughter. The future of our house depends on it."

You mean the future of your house? If so, I wish it nothing of it, and I'm sure Sweetie Belle thinks the same. You unkempt foal. Rarity wanted to say, but she kept quiet and smiled. Even if she were to say that, it's not like it would change his mind. She was certain. "Yes, father." She said, wrapping her hoof around Glamor as he did the same.

Glamor lead Rarity outside of the golden door along with Sweetie Belle who followed. As expected, there Blueblood was, waiting for her with an arrogant smirk along with the rest of the Blueblood family. A white coated filly with a brown hair and green eyes of eight, a young beautiful mare with the same coat, but blond hair of twenty-eight, and an old, bearded black-coated, white haired stallion of fifty-five, all wearing black and red tunics with gold accessories.

She groaned and hung her head low. She couldn’t bare Blueblood's arrogant smile. Her father insisted that she'd keep her head up, but she found it quite difficult as the Blueblood boy had little to no attractive quality in her eyes. Those eyes. . .how horrible. She thought. But even if he was ugly, he dressed quite elegantly, that was what Rarity hated the most.

"Greetings, Blueblood." Glamor said, gently shaking Blueblood's hoof. "You must be tired from the long travel."

"We are," Replied the father. "But, then again, us northerners are always traveling."

"Hey, you must be Tempest, right?" Asked the mother, Tempest stared back at her, her face serious. "You were a servant of the storm king before—"

"Yes, malady, I was." Tempest interrupted, trying not to recall her past. "But, the storm king is dead and his reign is no more, I serve for Silvershines now."

The mother nervously chuckled and took a step back, batting an eye at the ground for a moment. "Well, yes, how honorable!" She said, nervously.

The father then took a look at Rarity. "That's the girl?" He asked.

"Yes, sire. This is Princess Rarity." Glamor said. "Step foward, my dear."

Rarity angrily stepped foward, causing Blueblood to get a full view of her. He was stunned by her beauty, too stunned to even speak even.

"You're quite pretty, my future queen." Blueblood said, taking a step foward. Rarity tried to step back, but the thought quickly faded from her mind. "I'm honored to stand before you today."

Rarity wanted to gag, but she wanted to please her father so she smiled and said, "You too, my future king." It made her angry to even utter those words.

"The preparations for the marriage have already been made, sir." Glamor stepped foward towards the father. "But what of the Alicorn ritual?" He whispered.

"Celestia will be here in three hours to commence it. She shall also say their vows." Anwsered father Blueblood.

"Good," Glamor said. "Now, shall we give the two some time to get to know each other?"

The Blueblood family laughed and nodded. They're going to leave me with him?! Rarity thought to herself.

Glamor told Sweetie Belle to come along with him, and the Blueblood family bid their farewells to the young prince. An wave of awkwardness filled the air as the two stood in silence for a moment. Please don't talk. . .please don't talk. . .please don't talk. Rarity prayed in her mind.

Unfortunately, the prince walked up to her and rubbed his hoof through Rarity's mane. "What bothers you, my queen?" Asked Blueblood, arrogance brooding through his voice.

"Nothing, I'm just. . .quite nervous about our marriage." Rarity said. "House Silvershine has never joined houses with others, so it's quite new."

"I see," Blueblood said, scratching his mane, searching for something to say that would comfort the mare. "I'm quite nervous too. When I'm nervous, I like to endlessly stroll through the Celestial garden. Would you like to accompany me?"

He tried to sound innocent, but his voice told otherwise. Blueblood cared more about becoming the ruler of the west rather than marrying Rarity and joining houses, despite her unbearable beauty. If I don't act smoothly, I won't have her heart. I need her heart. Or else, our bloodline means nothing.

Rarity quickly nodded, "Of course, my king." She said, putting on a fake smile. She didn't bother to argue or rebel against him. Father would be furious if I refused. She thought, following Blueblood blindly away from the castle.

Chapter End