• Published 10th May 2023
  • 847 Views, 0 Comments

Dragon Kisses - Betty_Starlight



A socially anxious kirin finds lesbian love

  • ...
 0
 847

Chapter 1: Unexpected Meetings

“After the curse was lifted and I gained the ability to speak again, I never really knew what to say? I mean, I would have these feelings in my mind and I’d never know how to voice them? So even when I could talk again, I never said much, except to speak with the cashier at the grocery store or to pay for my meal at a restaurant. Heh, it’s so strange too! But I actually enjoy eating alone in those places! Everypony else is visiting with their family or dates or whatever, but I just eat by myself at my own table and remain deep in thought… I like my own company so much that I’m not even sure if anything else is really necessary? That is, until I found the amulet… “

“Okay, what was that about an amulet?” My therapist said out the side of his mouth as he used it to scratch down a few notes…

I smile and giggle, “Well, the amulet isn’t nearly as important as what it was attached to! Another kirin!”

His eyes widen from underneath his neon green wavy kirin mane, “Is that so? Then why even bring it up?”

As I laid there on the red couch on my back and adjusted my eyes to the ceiling, I thought to myself about that amethyst necklace she wore around her head and I suddenly wondered why I just couldn’t get my mind off of it? “Well, it’s a very nice necklace!”

He smiles while staring down at the pad with his red eyes underneath his horn, that spread to two points in the center, “I see… Well, what did you say to them?”

At that point, I froze! While I still couldn’t get that necklace out of my mind, it also occurs to me that this fabulous looking other kirin with her gorgeous blue eyes and lovely dark green scales and off-color red mane doesn’t even know I exist! “Well uh, nothing! Yet! I’m getting there!”

The therapist chuckles and while this only irritates me somewhat, he does say, “Well, are you nervous? Does the idea of talking to this amazing new kirin frighten you?”

“No!” I quickly blurt out to lie! “I just uh, well like I said, what do I say to her?”

His left eyebrow raises as he jots down another note, “Oh? It’s a female kirin, is it?”

I matter-of-factly reply, “Well, I’m a lesbian! You didn’t know that?”

“How would I know that when we’ve never discussed your romantic liaisons?”

I frown, “Okay, you make a point!”

“Right, but well, think now! You know she has an awesome necklace! Why not compliment her on that as an opener?”

I grimace when I realize he’s got a point, “Well, I mean, how would I even word that? I don’t really talk to many ponies!”

“Practice, my dear Skyfire! Practice! You’re gonna have to open up sooner or later and we can start off nice and slow, okay? Now, I don’t think you should meet any strange new kirin with amazing necklaces right now, but how about baby steps, instead? Just go for a trot around the village and smile and wave at the other kirin as you pass! Don’t you think that would help you begin to open up?”

“I don’t know? Maybe?”

He chuckles somewhat, “Well, just try it later, okay? Now, I think that about wraps up our time together. Uh, the usual time in two weeks?”

I sigh and roll my eyes, “That’ll be fine, doctor!”

<*****>

And so, I trot outside of the wooden office complex built inside a tree as it was and turn left to begin trotting down the dirt path leading to the other side of town where I lived.

I began to think about that strange other pony and her necklace... There was something peculiar about that thing that I just couldn’t put my hoof on?

I think that I’ll probably roll a fattie when get back?

When suddenly, I notice another kirin up the way!

Remember what he told me! They aren’t my enemy! I think to myself as this other blue kirin smiles at me as he passes….

I stare back at him and smile back! That’s right! It’s okay! I’m happy and you’re happy! Just go away now so I can be alone again!

He passes me as I continue to trot past two more tree-buildings on my left in the village. My house is at the edge of town and if I can just make it there, I’ll be fine!

Soon, blissful smoke awaits!

All of a sudden, I see another kirin! This one is orange!

Not my enemy! Think to myself as I smile at this other strange pony.

She smiles back at me as she continues trotting and passes me on my left, same as before while I continue to trot past more tree-buildings here in the kirin village.

A joint would make this day a lot better! I think to myself as I continue to trot towards the South end of town, where my little tree-cottage is located…

Then, I see another kirin… This kirin is different though… This kirin has a light green coat with darker green scales over the top and lovely dark blue eyes… And an off-color red mane, which was a bit darker than usual… Uh, Burgundy I think it’s called? But by far, the most interesting thing was that this other kirin wears a peculiar amethyst necklace…

Or we can just meet her right now! I think to myself as I almost reflexively smile at the green kirin as I pass by and say, “Hi!” as she passes by with her horn, that branches off into two points very close to her forehead.

Her eyes widen when she sees me, “Oh, hi there! I live in the outskirts and am new in town and was just wondering…”

Oh, shit! She’s actually talking to me! I’d better pay attention to what she’s saying…

“...so um, do you know where the clock tower is?”

My eyes widen at attention as I start, “I’m sorry, what?”

She blinks and says, “Uh, I was doing a report for the paper on the clock tower and wanted to know where that is?”

“Oh, you’re a reporter!”

Her eyes widen, “Yes! Who’s looking for the clock tower!”

My left eyebrow raises, “A clock tower seems like a major landmark. How could you, as a reporter, not know where it is?”

She smiles, “I’m new! I just started writing for the column three days ago!” her smile widens, “You may have seen one of my pieces in the paper? My name is Silva Dawn!” and she extends her right forehoof towards me to shake. “Nice to meet you!”

I wonder if she’s going to eat me? I think to myself as I smile and take a pace towards her to meet her hoof with mine…

(To be continued…)