• Published 29th Apr 2023
  • 153 Views, 5 Comments

The Usual Suspects - Visharo



Set in a Cyberpunk Equestria, a crime has been committed and the Equestrian Investigative Bureau are here to find out how, by bringing in the suspects.

  • ...
 5
 153

Suspect 004

"Stating for the record, Suspect 004 is a gray earth pony mare. Reminds me of a cat. Her eyes are feral yellow, I hesitate to say if they're augments, there are no records on them if they are. Mane and tail are a strange purple red combo. Scars all across her back, suspecting there is a trauma story behind that. Cutie mark is a blue jewel underneath a glass dome. No further observations, bringing her in."

"Why hello there."

*surprised intake of breath*

"How'd you get in here?"

"Nice description, personally, I like the cat part. I think it suits me just fine."

*giggle*

"Riiight, Miss?"

"You can call me Cat. Fitting, no?"

*swish*

"If you say so, now could you please refrain from climbing the walls?"

"Aw, is poor wittle Greaser worried about little ol' me?"

*frustrated sigh*

"Miss."

*slight pause*

"Cat, I have unicorns on the other side who can and will zap you if I give the signal. If you could come down and talk to me, you can leave a free mare, how does that sound?"

"That sounds great! But what if I don't want to come down, what if we talk like this? I like having the higher ground."

*giggle*

"If this doesn't hinder your ability to answer questions, then I don't see why not. Now, what were you doing on April 20th?"

"Doing a job, of course!

*giggle*

"What kind of job, Miss Cat?"

"The illegal kind, Mister Tact."

"How'd you know my name!?"

"I know many things, Greaser. And from my point of view.

*giggle*

"It looks like you don't know enough."

"Answer the question, Miss Cat. What kind of job?"

But I did answer the question, Mister Tact and your lie detector is having no problems with me saying so."

*disgruntled noise*

"How did you know about that!"

"Cats always know, Greaser, and you best remember that. It might save your life."

"Is that a threat?"

"Do you want it to be?"

*extended silence*

"Does this job have anything to do with the Manesco Bank?"

"Ooh, Greaser thinks he's gotten a set of claws, but what would his reaction be if I said: no."

*slight pause*

"Would you look at that! The detector didn't beep, again! I am so good at this, any other questions for me?

"Was it a theft job?"

"Of course it was, Mister Greaser! You don't hire me unless you want something robbed.""

*giggle*

"What did you steal?"

"Ah, that is the question, isn't it? Well, believe it or not, oh wait, you do!"

*laughter*

"Ooh, that was good. Anyways, believe it or not, my benefactor doesn't see fit to tell me anything, isn't that intriguing?"

"Yes, quite."

*chuckling*

"You may go now."

"Ta ta! It's been a real pleasure!"

*door opens*

*door closes*