• Published 17th Jul 2023
  • 569 Views, 18 Comments

SWWC: Something Wrong With Canterlot - Lighttone GryphonStar



17 months ago Canterlot was ripped apart and remade, Ponyville was destroyed, the main six vanished, the princesses were defeat and a new group the Anti-Six rose. Now what is left behind for us to find. Seeing 9 ponies in their journey to find out.

  • ...
5
 18
 569

File 13: Month 12-Part 1: Party Time

The party kicked off with a bang as Party Favor ran around blasting off all the fireworks he could. Ignoring his lost breath as he wanted this to be the biggest party yet. It still haunted him how he sided with Starlight's conquest so easily, long ago. He couldn't let such doubts plague the minds of anypony there. Even as he failed to reach the last firework, tripping over the board of a certain white unicorn.

"Oops! Sorry about that! Didn't mean to." Party Favor tried not to complain until his face blushed at the sight of Double Diamond.

"No, it was my fault!" The white unicorn picked him up and flicked the final firework with his magic. He then turned to the confused stallion. "There you go, old friend? It looks good!" He presented the blue stallion with the incredible light show.

"Oh, uh, yeah! Looks good, alright! Haha!" He smiled and nervously waved to Double Diamond, hiding the stars in his eyes. "Thank you... Double Diamond." The blue stallion pulled his hand free harsher than he wanted to.

"You okay, Party Favor?" Double Diamond raised an eyebrow before laughing and padding him on the back.

"I'm fine. Just had an exhausting morning, that's all." Party Favor smiled as he looked towards the waterfall.

His friend pushed if off, but Double Diamond knew that Party Favor's mind was elsewhere as he too was still being plagued by his own inner doubts. But this party had to go on no matter how bad they both felt.

"Don't push yourself too hard. Afterward, I'm running this party too." Double Diamond still didn't know how he got to be in charge of this party, but he wasn't about to stop it now.

"You're right!" Party Favor dropped his hands to the board under his feet. "You could at least look the part."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Double Diamond glared at him with a smirk. He flipped the board up, spinning it three times over his head to the other side out of the way. "I was just making sure all the snow was perfect."

Party Favor shook his head with a chuckle, he was glad how easily both slid back into the flow of old conversations. They weren't even in the best of terms for the longest time after that. While Party Favor wanted so much from Double Diamond, both of their doubts about their past mistakes would often lead to them being pushed apart. Usually right after the partying ends.

"We still need to fix this town, Double Diamond." Party Favor's eyes widened and his body went numb as he realized he let his mouth slip again.

"So, what have you been up to since we last saw each other?" Double Diamond poked for answers. "You still the biggest whore in this town?!" He jabbed him in the gut.

"What?!" Party Favor's face turned even redder. "I've changed a lot of these years."

"Sure, you have!" Double Diamond winked at him, trying to get a rise of laughter until he saw the truth in his eyes. Slowly he dropped his expression and blushed back in embarrassment. "Well, I've been up to plenty too."

"Yeah, I read about your latest trophy." Party Favor tried not to sound so bitter. "They even named a mountain drift after you."

Double Diamond's smile dropped at this. "Yeah, things are moving fast for both of us."

Realizing the tension between the two was getting too thick another pony stepped in to with a plate full of muffins. The blue unicorn and white stallion stopped and took in the delicious smell.

"Double Diamond, Party Favor. How are you doing today?" Sugar Belle interjected. "Glad to you two again!"

The two ponies thanked her and took one each. Double Diamond held his close with his teeth, eyeing his friend over before taking a bite. Sugar Belle chuckled at Party Favor's lack of manners compared to him. She was one pony he would always treat with respect.

"Careful with that, you might choke on your pride!" Another voice echoed behind them as a pegasus landed and patted Party Favor on the back.

"Night Glider, you're here!" Both stallions came to attention at the sight of her uniform.

"I see you got into the wonderbolts this year!" Sugar Belle winked and gave her a muffin too.

"Just the reserves... for now!" Night Glider laughed wickedly and took the food gladly.

"You're going to do great." Party Favor smiled sheepishly and wrapped her arm around her shoulder. She pinched him back and pulled the arm off.

"I'm still mad at you!" Night Glider glared at him before flipping her gaze back to Double Diamond. "And you were supposed to wait for me at the top of the mountain."

"Yeah, well, you know how the weather is around here. I had to move fast before blizzards came in." Double Diamond tried to explain.

Night Glider slowly her disappointment and laughed with them, cheering them into louder joy. "Come on, you three, we have a party to attend." With that final word, she pulled the three into the crowds of arriving ponies.

Party Favor took a deep breath. This was just the start of his day. He was looking forward to the party and he had plans to meet his friends. But there was only one thing that was bothering him. His eyes looked out to the distant horizon beyond the snowy peaks.

******

The rest of the group left the front so fast, they didn't see the sheer size of the crowd. All of them wanted to enjoy this day, not knowing what awaited them as more arrived. Standing above them, on the cold cloud, unhindered by its lack of a surface. This lone figure was cloaked in a dark purple uniform with gold trim and a changeling symbol emblazoned on a strap on his shoulder. He had been waiting patiently, keeping hidden under the shadows cast by the falling snow. Only coming out when the village became the most active.

"King's Kray's will be complete." With that, three pairs of wings unveiled from his back. In his hand, a crown of broken unicorn horns glowed brightly as the storm around him turned into an icy gale.

******

Author's Note:

Sorry, this came out so late. I've had a massive headache all week. Heck, nearly didn't finish my Stuck In Place chapter either.

So our first hint to the next Anti-Six. I hoped you are hyped for this one's arrival as he will have two separate anthology chapters based around him.