• Published 5th Apr 2023
  • 450 Views, 9 Comments

Love Among Princesses - Betty_Starlight



Princess Cadance falls in love with Princess Celestia

  • ...
1
 9
 450

Chapter 2: Consequences

And so, I laid there in the hooves of this strange white alicorn as we both rested together in my plush purple velvet bed… The truth is, we weren’t always sleeping together though… I suppose I should start from the beginning?

My name is Princess Cadance and I was once married to the brother of the current ruler of Equestria… And now, I’m sleeping with her former teacher…

Now, I know what you’re thinking and technically, we haven’t had sex! Well, we might later? I’m not sure? But as I lay there feeling the warmth of her body, I couldn’t help but think that I’m the Princess of Love and yet, I hadn’t known that for about ten years since my beloved Shining Armor had passed away… And now, I’m here with his sister’s former teacher…

And that’s another thing! As Princess of Love, shouldn’t I have known what she wanted from me from the beginning? Why in Equestria was I taken by surprise? Am I so out of touch that it wouldn’t occur to me anymore? For the life of me, I truly don’t understand this…

Twilight is going to freak…

Now where was I? Oh, yes! The beginning!

“Good morning sweetie!” The cheery feminine voice chirps up from behind me as I feel the warmth of her loving embrace all around me as I lay in her hooves…

I open my eyes, “Good morning, Celestia!”

“How’s my pink cupcake this morning?”

I squint and half-smile as I try my hardest not to giggle at my strange new nickname, “Remind me again of why we’re now sleeping together?”

She begins to narrate, “Well, it all began last night when we were eating dinner, if you’ll recall!”

<*****>

\
I smile at the former ruler of this kingdom from my side of the small pale blue table as I say, “I usually only use the royal dining room for esteemed guests and dignitaries and that sort of thing… This is where I eat normally…”

She smiles back at me from just to my right at the square table, “But of course! You have no need of fancy things and formalities when that isn’t around you!”

I relax my shoulders, “Well, right! But as Princess of Love, I must confess that I’m blindsided here, Celestia! How in Equestria did you ever develop feelings for me?”

She giggles softly under her breath, “Well, it really all began a few years ago… If you’ll recall the Grand Galloping Gala?”

I chuckle softly, “Oh, right! That one! Why did you insist on me going there, anyway?”

She lowers her gaze and sighs, “Well, I wanted you to get out of your castle for a few minutes! I mean, Shining Armor had already been gone for about seven years at the time, and well, I just didn’t like the idea of you keeping to yourself and wasting away like that! You’re the Princess of Love for pony’s sake, and you deserve to be happy!”

I frown, “So, you wanted me to be happy with you?”

She stares at me blankly, “Well, I didn’t! Uh,” she blinks. “not at first, anyway!”

I lower my gaze, “And when did that change?”

She smiles meekly, “Well, it happened when I saw you sitting by yourself at the royal reception table…”

I widen my eyes, “What do you mean? I was surrounded by ponies that entire night! At what point was I ever alone?”

She breathes strongly through her nose and smiles dimly, “I know that, but I also only saw you the whole time… You were alone to me and I felt something about you… I felt things about you before, but until I saw you there, I didn’t really know what it was…” she says as she stares at me tenderly with her amethyst eyes full of openness.

I blink, “Uh, that didn’t answer my question?”

She adjusts her gaze at me, “Oh, right!” before shaking her head. “After the party, you were alone and I saw you there and I just… I just wanted to be there for you if that makes any sense?” before frowning.

I stare back at this other alicorn with horror in my eyes and snout agape, “Wait! You felt sorry for me?”

She smiles again, “I don’t know if I’d say that? I just well, thought at that moment that I should just be with you!”

“Well, why you?”

She blinks and continues smiling, “Well, why not me? You gotta admit Cadance, we do have a lot of things in common! And we’re both princesses, after all, and we could live long and happy lives together!”

I frown, “Meaning my first choice of Shining Armor was a blunder, since I easily outlive him!”

She sighs out her mouth, “I never said that!”

“I” I blink. “I’m sorry Celestia…”

She frowns, “For what?”

I then stare at this other whiter alicorn and think to myself, “It’s just an adjustment, okay? I mean, suddenly, I, the Princess of Love, am gay!”

She grins, “Yeah, isn’t it great?”

Suddenly, I see a bright flash of violet light at my right and I turn my gaze to see a purple alicorn there, roughly the same size as Celestia, but sporting an azure mane with lavender and orchid streaks in it. She stares at me with her blue eyes wide and leans down as she voluminously asks, “Cadance, are you crazy?”

I stare back at Twilight Sparkle from 10 feet away, “Hey! She came onto me!”

Celestia turns her neck left to look at the purple alicorn and nods, “It’s true! I did!”

“What the hay are you two doing together?”

Celestia chimes in, “Well, we were just eating dinner together!”

I nod, “It’s true! We were!”

Celestia turns her neck back towards me, “How did she find out about us, anyway?”

I turn my neck left back towards her, “I sent her a letter!”

Celestia replies at a lower volume, “You send letters to Twilight?”

I nod, “Well, she is my sister-in-law!”

Celestia nods back, “Well, that’s true!”

Twilight starts, “And just what am I going to tell the royal court now?”

Celestia turns her neck back left towards the purple alicorn, “Who cares? I’m retired and Cadance lives far to the north!”

I turn my neck right towards Twilight and nod, “It’s true! I do!”

Twilight sighs and brings her eyes skyward, “Great! Now the world’s greatest foalsitter and widow of my brother is now dating my former teacher!”

Celestia widens her eyes, “I know! Isn’t the world just tiny?”

“Ugh!” Twilight cringes before opening her eyes wide to me, “Well, I guess I’d better get started on the letter-writing? It’s gonna be a long night!” before teleporting out of the small dining chamber in a bright purple flash that soon dissipates into pale violet sparkles.

Celestia turns her neck back towards me and says, “Well, that was interesting!”

I turn back to my love and sigh, “I know! And now, I feel bad!”

Celestia raises her right eyebrow, “Why?”

I raise my gaze to her, “I didn’t want to be a burden or a source of extra work for her?”

Celestia smiles and nods, “I understand Cadance… Uh, will you be alright?”

I eye the former ruler of Equestria carefully and I see her staring back at me with love and sincerity in her magenta eyes…

She then raises her gaze and asks me, “Would you like some comfort and to talk about it?”

<*****>

I widen my eyes as I rustle slightly in the hooves of this slightly larger white pony, “I was expecting a hug and a long fireside chat! That doesn’t explain why we’re now sleeping together!”

Celestia giggles from behind me, “Well, if you’ll recall, I hugged you at first and you commented on how nice that felt!”

I nod, “Yes! This is also true!”

She sighs, “And I asked you if you’d like me to hold you in bed!”

I nod again, “Yes! And I agreed to it, like a freaking idiot!”

I feel her hot breath on the back of my neck as she chuckles, “Yup! And so now, we’re sleeping together!”

“Yeah…” I trail off as I wistfully gaze forward…

“Is something wrong?”

I blink and sigh, “It’s just that, Shining Armor used to hold me at night…”

“Now he can’t do that anymore…”

“I-I know that, it’s just that well, now it’s you!”

She embraces me tightly from behind, “Look! I’m sure that wherever Shining Armor is now, he wants you to be happy…”

I stay still as I lay there on my side and feel the warm hooves and body of this other alicorn before I finally ask, “Do I have anything to feel guilty about?”

She continues to hold me tightly as I close my eyes and feel her all around me, “Not at all, my love…”

“But Twilight is going to have a rough night because of us!”

She sighs, “Okay, that’s true… Look, we can do something nice for her later if it would make you feel better?”

“Yeah, we probably should? Uh, as a couple! So she knows it isn’t just for nothing!”

“So you’re ready to make this official then?”

“Well what choice do we have? They’ll only talk and spread rumors if we don’t just come out and say it!”

She holds me tighter, “This is true my love! But come what may, you need to know that I’m always here for you, okay?”

I smile, “Yeah… So now that Shining Armor is gone, it’s you then?”

“Yes my love… And it’s going to be that way for a very long time…”

“I love you Celestia!”

“I love you too Cadance! Get some rest!”

I close my eyes and nestle myself in her hooves as I smile and drift off to sleep… And as I lose consciousness, I suddenly remembered that I have a daughter…

(To be continued…)