• Published 21st Mar 2023
  • 681 Views, 20 Comments

Love Pie - Partycannon_



What happens when Pinkie Pie's best friends fall head over hooves for her?

  • ...
2
 20
 681

Ending: PieJack

Pinkie lifted a hoof to her mouth in thought. "I think I might have an idea," Pinkie gave a determined smile.

"What is it?" Fluttershy questioned.

Pinkie opened her mouth but before a word escaped her a knock came from the door. Both ponies turn before looking back to each other, with a silent nod the pink party pony hid behind the couch while Fluttershy trotted to the door. The wooden door swung open and an orange farm pony stood on the other side.

"Hey Fluttershy, Ah was kinda hoping we could do our weekly tea party today," she asked, clearly something on her mind.

"We normally do it tomorrow, is something wrong? I am a little bit busy right now," Fluttershy frowned.

"R-Right, sorry for wasting your time and no, nothing’s wrong, its just-" she sighed. "Nothing, don't worry about it," Applejack gave the pegasus a small smile.

"Wait... Give me a moment," Fluttershy closed the door and quickly moved into the room. "Pinkie," she loudly whispered.

A pink pony lifted her head above the couch silently.

"Can you wait upstairs, Applejack really wants to speak with me," the yellow mare rubbed the back of her mane.

In an unsure nod the party pony hopped over the hiding place before sneakily moving upstairs, once out of sight the pegasus reopened the door.

"Fluttershy if your busy then Ah don't want to impose," the farmer frowned.

"You aren't imposing, if you want to talk then I'll be here for you," the pegasus gave a kind smile.

"Thanks!" Applejack wore a hearty smile as she moved inside.

"I'll put on some apple tea," Fluttershy said as she flew to the kitchen.

"Right," she nodded.

Pinkie hid just barely out of view upstairs, her ears standing up as they listened.

"It should be done shortly, now, what's been bothering you?" the yellow mare asked with a small tilt of her head.

"I-Its... Hmm. Ah guess Ah'll start at the beginning," Applejack sighed. "Pinkie came over to mah farm a few days ago, she mentioned a magical pie that caused ponies to fall in love with her and some other things, then our eyes crossed and Ah fell in love with her..." cough "Well, after she left Ah started to think about some of the other things she mentioned, so me and Twi go over to Pinkie's place and pick up the uneaten pie, because she had two. After a bit of investigating, we found that the uneaten pie had a love spell in it," Applejack frowned.

"That's... A lot. Wait, so both of the pies had love spells?" the pegasus cocked her head.

The orange earth pony shook her head from side to side.

"So... Pinkie Pie isn't under some kind of spell? But what about her pink eyes?" Fluttershy questioned.

"Well, that's why we were confusing... Wait, how do you know about her eyes?" the farm pony's eyebrow raised.

"I-I saw her earlier..." the yellow mare hid in her mane.

"And you didn't fall in love with her, did you?" Applejack asked softly.

"N-No, but... But..."

Bzzzzzt! A loud sound played from the kitchen then following it was a small squeak from upstairs.

"What was that?" the farm pony looked up.

"Oh, I think that was just my... Bird... Yes, my bird, she is very sick," Fluttershy began hovering subconsciously.

"Pinkie Pie, can you come down here," Applejack said in a huff.

The pink party pony made her way down the stairs before giving the orange earth pony a small smile. "Hey Applejack," she said, almost sad.

"Hi Pinkie. There's something Ah need to tell you,” The farm pony had a small blush.

"I'll get us tea," Fluttershy dove to the kitchen.

"First can I say that I found out how to remove the spell? You see I just need to tell you all the truth and-" Applejack rose her hoof and Pinkie stopped with a quite frown.

"Your colored eyes are from a prank, Twilight talked to the pie shop in Canterlot. All you need is to get a full night’s rest, which is actually quite concerning that you still have the pink eyes." Applejack looked at her friend seriously.

"Then explain all the love and tricks, and love tricks," Pinkie's frown grew.

"Coincidences oddly enough. Twilight was working on five hours of sleep for the past week while casting who knows what magic," Applejack started and Pinkie's heart broke a little but she didn't know why. "Rainbow is just crazy about pink eyes."

"T-Then what about you and Rarity?" The party pony countered.

"Ah haven't been able to talk to her, she locked herself up in her room and won't come out. So, Ah don't know," Applejack frowned.

Pinkie cringed visibly as though in pain. "And you?"

"Ah... Ah really am in love with you, Ah guess it took talk about a love pie to make me see that... Look Ah don't want our friendship to get ruined over this but if you feel like giving it a chance, then, well, then," Applejack blushed brightly.

A loud crash played from the door to the kitchen and Fluttershy stood there with her hoof covering her face as the tea set lay broken on the ground.


Applejack stood by the oven as she watched the pot begin to boil, her grin was from ear to ear. A door opened behind her and she turned quickly. Apple Bloom entered with an apple pie balanced on her head before her sister quickly rushed over to her.

"Apple Bloom, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!" the orange pony yelled worriedly.

"Ah- uh... What's the problem?" the filly questioned.

"What's the pro-" Applejack repeats. "Apple Bloom, Pinkie Pie is coming over. We can't have pie!"

"Why not?" the small apple asked quizzically.

"Because tha-"

"Hey Apple Bloom, hey Applejack. How's it going?" Pinkie said with a large smile.

"Doing great!" the filly responded with a smile.

"Fantastic," Applejack gave a fake smile as she stepped in front of Apple Bloom.

"Sis, Ah don't see the-"

"Take it outside, Ah'll tell you later," the orange pony whispered.

"Whatcha talking about?" Pinkie gave a smile.

"Nothing,"

"Pies," Apple Bloom said loudly.

"Oh? I love pies! Did I ever tell you about how me and Applejack-"

"QUITE!" Applejack yelled.


Author's Note:

Note to self: If you're making a simple love story don't be dumb and make sure there is continuity that needs to be explained and just let the romance take center stage.

I don't have ideas for Rarity other then some more darker ones. So, I might just skip straight to them being cute together or I might make a darker chapter for this mostly lighthearted story. Feel free to leave some thoughts.

The reason for this story is to get practice and make sure I keep up with writing. If I'm being honest I really don't know how to improve at this hobby as much as I want to. Guides I search online don't lead to many helpful tips but maybe I just need to search deeper or maybe I just need to find someone who would simply just talk about writing with me. Sorry I'm rambling, hopefully you guys enjoyed this chapter!