• Published 17th Mar 2023
  • 1,110 Views, 133 Comments

Ahriman's Answer - SuperSaiyanDiclonius



Ahzek Ahriman encounters an Alien race with the power to cure his Rubric Marines and must defend them from a rival warband, the forces of Chaos, and his old enemy the Space Wolves.

  • ...
2
 133
 1,110

Chapter 3

Thunder shook Ocellus from her sleep with an adorable yelp. She and her friends have a sleepover in the castle of Harmony every third weekend of the month, and are always sure to keep up to date with the Cloudsdale whether schedule...so the unexpected storm took them completely by surprise.

"HUHWHAT!? WHAT'S GOING ON!??" Shouted SilverStream with an inappropriate amount of concern.

"Alright, whose the wisepony who didn't update the whether schedule? SOME OF US HAVE TO FLY HOME, YA KNOW!!" Shouted Gallus, feeling more than a little irate.

"Guys, Yona doesn't think that was thunder. Yaks know what smashing feels like." Yona stated nervously.

The yak's statement earned the group's attention. As they stopped complaining, they realized that there was no rainfall outside and the thunder had ceased as swiftly as it began.

"... okay...so, another yak is playing tricks on us?" Sandbar suggested.

"Ooooh, if somecreature ruined my beauty sleep for a joke, I'll give them a nice relaxing LAVA BATH!!" Smoulder roared as she took to sky and flew to the windows at the top of the castle...but not through them.

The orange Dragon stopped just short of breaking the window, frozen in shock at what she saw outside. "Smoulder? Is something wrong?" Ocellus asked as she and the other two flying creatures came to look out the windows beside their friend.

Shocked and concerned gasps emitted from them as they beheld the sight of large blue knights assembling outside. They appeared to have come from five large pods that had slammed into the ground outside, answering the question of the noise that woke them.

"Guys? What's going on?" Sandbar asked from the ground. "...I...I think we're being invaded." Ocellus answered back.

"W-we don't know that!" SilverStream stuttered unassuringly. "M-maybe they're ambassadors seeking friendship."

"Oh come on Silv, if they were ambassadors, they'd be at Twilight's castle! The only reason they'd come to the Castle of Harmony is to try and hurt the Spirit of Harmony! Just like King Sombra when he destroyed the tree that turned into the castle in the first place." Smoulder explained.

"Yeah, and the leaders definitely look like dark wizards." Gallus added.

He was right. While most of the around 50 armored knights looked like warriors. 3 of the 5 leaders looked like wizards, another looked like a wizard/mechanic, and the big one looked like he was the gener-

"YEEP!!" Ocellus yelped as she dove down below the window. The moment she focused on the big one, he turned from the other leaders and looked straight at her.


"There is something in there." The Scarab Occult Sorcerer sneered.

"We will handle it. Remember your task Brother Jerrik." Ahriman replied.

"Of course. Come brothers." Jerrik called verbally to the Scarab Occult Terminators that obeyed him.

Of all the Sorcerers that followed him, Jerrik was the most determined to restore their lost brothers. He cared little for the secrets of the Galaxy, and conducted himself more like a berserker than a Sorcerer. Favoring spells to augment his strength and speed or shield himself from projectiles and the sorcery of his opponents.

As such, he was the perfect rearguard in case locals from the nearby province took exception to Ahriman's visit of what he assumed was a holy place. "The rest of you, secure the area. I will investigate this castle."


Ocellus peeked back through the window to see the large warrior and his like-armored friends moving into the Everfree Forest towards Ponyville, three of the other wizards surrounding the castle with 10 warriors each, and the most decorated wizard heading into the castle with another 10 warriors.

"Guys, they're coming in!" Ocellus warned.

"Darn it! It had to be wizards. If he's half as strong as Twilight, then I won't be able to take him head on... I'll have to surprise him." Smoulder deduced.

"Yeah, cause his meathead friend totally didn't sense us the moment we looked at him." Gallus snarked without humor. "We need to warn Princess Twilight about this."

"And what? Just let the obviously evil wizard do whatever he came here to do?" Smoulder retorted.

"Ugh, if we send one of us to warn her while the rest of us take down his goon squad, will that keep you from getting yourself hurt. They can't be too fast with that clunky armor. But those weapons they're holding look kinda like crossbows, so don't fly straight at them." Gallus warned.

"Yeah, I know how fighting works. I am a Dragon." Smoulder retorted. "SilverStream, you fly out the back window and go tell somepony what's going on... especially if that big guy really is heading to Ponyville."

"A-are you sure? Those big armored guys look really tough. You could use all the help you can get." SilverStream stuttered.

"No offense, but you and Sandbar will be the least help in a fight, and Sandbar can't fly." Smoulder explained.

"Hey! Earth Ponies can be just as strong as Dragons." Sandbar defended."

"Without fire breath or protective scales. If those are crossbows, you won't be able to get close. Besides, I beat you in hoof wrestling every time." Smoulder added.

Sandbar dropped it and the plan was put into motion. SilverStream flew as fast as she could to the back exit while the rest of Young 6 made their way forward, keeping an ear out for the armored invaders.

It didn't take them long. They heard the footfalls of the armored knights just around the corner ahead. Smoulder saw a room between them and the corner. "You guys head in there, I'll lure them this way and then we can ambush them."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Ocellus asked.

"It sounds like there's only two of them...and they're getting close. If you don't have a better idea, then follow my lead." Smoulder barked. Ocellus and the others broke off from the young Dragon and headed into the other room.

Smoulder snorted fire as she tensed up, then rocketed around the corner and kicked off one of the blue knights to launch him backwards and herself back around the corner before the other knight knew what hit them...or so she thought.

She turned to find the other knight on her side of the corner with his weapon raised.

BOOM!!

Smoulder hit the hallway floor hard and gasped for air. She had felt something slam into her and explode! But thankfully, Dragon scales and bones were some of strongest materials in Equestria.

Unfortunately, Smoulder's gasp for air told the angry knight all he needed to know. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The knight advanced as he fired. Smoulder grit her teeth and put her arms over her head as he started aiming for her eyes.

The young Dragon tried to crawl away, but the projectiles hitting her doubled, telling her the other knight had recovered.

The door to the other room opened as Ocellus tried to get out and help. The knights changed targets immediately, but failed to fire before Yona charged through the wall and slammed into them with enough force to send him both knights through the opposite wall.

The other 4 young creatures of the allied races gathered around to help their bruised Dragon friend to her feet. "On... second thought... LET'S GET OUTTA HERE!!"

"YOU SAID IT!!" Gallus shouted, wisely deciding to save his 'I Told You So' for after they escaped.

No sooner had the group started running and turned a corner did more of those thunderous projectiles nearly strike their rearmost member. "I think we made them mad you guys!" Shouted a panicking Ocellus.

"This way!" Shouted Smoulder, remembering how fast those things can run.

The five young creatures found themselves in another room, a kitchen to be exact, and heard the creatures barrel past them. "Phew, guess we gave them the slip." Gallus breathed out.

"I don't think so...I feel something." Ocellus whimpered. The others knew what that meant, Ocellus was the only magic user among them. And if she felt something, it was usually something magical...or someone.

"Guess their boss is coming to see what the noise is about." Smoulder said in a near whimper herself. All sense of bravado lost as she realized just how over her head she was.

"Quick! We have to hide!" Sandbar half whispered half screamed.

Yona dove under the table, more specifically, the table cloth. Smoulder quickly stuffed herself into the oven while Sandbar and Gallus crammed themselves into the fridge and upper cabinets respectively, each making sure nothing fell out to reveal their hiding places.

Then, Smoulder realized that Ocellus wasn't hiding. The timid little Changeling had instead opted to stand if front of the door disguised as one of the blue knights.

Smoulder tensed up to shoot out and grab her, but dismissed the idea as soon as the door opened.


"They got away sir!" Came the stereotypical military tone with a robotic sound to it. Ahriman considered obliterating the Imposter where it stood, but paused when he realized how naively open-minded this creature was.

A child who had recognized an obvious threat to her friends and homeland, now realizing how foolish their heroic attempts had been and desperately hoping to save her friends from their foolishness.

Ahriman restrained a chuckle at the children's expense as he prodded Ocellus' mind.

The Changeling Hives, the Dragon Lands, Griffonstone, Yakyakistan, Seaquestria, and finally, Equestria. The 6 major kingdoms and Xenos races were now now known to him. He made a note to orbitally bombard the Dragon Lands if war broke out. They would be difficult otherwise, but that wasn't what the Chaos Sorcerer was looking for.

The School of Friendship, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, Laughter, and-

Greetings Ahzek Ahriman

Ahriman turned from the Changeling he had been reading like an open book and came face to face with his true objective. A Warp Entity bearing the appearance of Princess Twilight Sparkle. The Spirit of Harmony.

Author's Note:

Sorry to leave you all in suspense, but next chapter is going to focus on Jerrik introducing himself to some unwanted visitors.

Like a certain Old Man once said, Good Times Rhymes With War Crimes.

Also, for anyone doubting Dragons being able to tank Bolter fire, keep in mind that A. Spike takes the Lion's share of slapstick abuse. B. Garble got 3 feet through a wall of solid rock and stumbled out. And C...I needed a way to give an action sequence without giving Rubrics Stormtrooper aim.(when they're not aiming at main characters, Stormtroopers actually accuracy than army rangers)