• Published 16th Feb 2023
  • 806 Views, 29 Comments

Lost Crusaders - Diloboi



3 fillies find themselves on Earth.

  • ...
0
 29
 806

5: Fillies on my lawn

Twilight Sparkle walked through the expansive crystal halls, her hoof steps echoing through the entirety of her castle. Held in a magenta aura in front of her was a old tome, the cover and pages weathered from age. Her gaze was firmly locked on it, her eyes scanning the words within. Occasionally, she would mumble a string of words to herself or pause her reading to see which way she was going.

Unbeknownst to her, she had already looped around her castle 4 times. This time, however, a irregularity caught her eye. A side door, small and unassuming, was slightly open inwards, revealing a dark set of stairs. Trotting up to the opening, she examined it for a second before calling out.

"Spiiiike! Are you down there?" Her voice echoed through the building, but no response came. Sighing, she moved down the staircase into the basement below, simultaneously lighting her horn up.

Reaching the bottom, the dark room was bathed in lavender light. The forms of objects covered in sheets appeared, small and large. Layers of dust covered most everything. Initially, nothing stood out of interest. Scanning the room, Twilight was about to turn and leave when there was a flash of blue. Trotting over, a circular mirror lay flat on the the floor. Its frame was a mix of blue and green, but what Twilight's eye was the rippling glass surface.

"Uh oh."


I turned into the cul-de-sac, passing three houses before I finally pulled up next to the curb. Beside me, three ponies, secured under the lap belt, sat. Apple Bloom looked around with wide eyes. Sweetie Belle clutched Scootaloo, who had a wide smile and vibrated with joy. Chuckling to myself, I spoke to the trio.

"Well, we're here! C'mon ponies!" I unbuckled my seat belt and began to reach for the door when Scootaloo spoke.

"That. Was. AWESOME!" She punctuated each word before raising her hooves in the air. Smiling, I reached over and unbuckled the three. Then, I opened the door and stepped out into the street. Rounding the car, I came to the other side and opened the passenger door. A orange filly quickly zipped by, stopping on my lawn of yellowed grass. Next, a yellow filly stumbled out of the car, landing with a clack on the sidewalk before joining her friend in examining the two story house.

The white filly, however, had not left the car yet. Turning to face her, I noticed she was shivering a bit. My smile disappeared when I reached out and spoke to the pony.

"Sweetie Belle? You okay?" I put my hand on the little pony's front leg. She turned to look at me with large green eyes, speaking with a shaky voice.

"T-Too fast..."

My heart dropped for a second, before I gave her hoof a gentle squeeze. "Sorry Sweetie. I'll make sure to go slower next time, okay?"

She gave a small nod, looking down at the seat for second before getting up on shaking hooves. She took a step, but quickly stumbled and fell forward out the door.

Reacting quickly, I caught the filly in my hands. She shook her head for a second, righting herself in my arms before looking up at me sheepishly. "Sorry..."

"It's okay." I paused for a second, considering my words, "I could just carry you, if you don't wanna walk"

She looked at me and gave a smile. "Yes please."

Nodding, I held her in one arm for a second as I grabbed my bag from where it was stored below. Turning back towards the house, I gave the door a kick to shut it. Walking through the grass, the two ponies looked at me from the front door. Getting up the concrete step, I readjusted Sweetie Belle to holding her at my side while I fumbled with my keys. Eventually, I slid the key into the door, twisted it and pushed it open.

I was greeted by the living room, and the kitchen behind it. Walking in, I set Sweetie on the carpeted floor, who was joined by the other two fillies. I hung my backpack on a hook by the door, and slipped my shoes off.

"So... Why don't I go get something for you three to drink, then we can talk about... stuff. Yeah." I pointed towards a large grey couch. "There's a couch right there to sit down."

Stepping into the kitchen, I walked to the fridge and pulled it open, looking at the stock. "Do you three want water, milk, or orange juice?"

From the other room, I heard some muttering before Scootaloo talked after a brief moment. "Orange juice please!"

Reaching into the fridge, I grabbed a jug of juice, closing the door and setting it on the counter. Next, I walked to the cupboard and opened it up, taking out four plastic cups. Taking the jug and pouring the juice in each of the cups, I put it back. Grabbing four cups, two in hands and two pressed against my chest with my arms, I walked back into the living room.

The fillies had situated themselves on the couch, sitting somewhat patiently, but all three smiled when I set the three cups on the coffee table.

"Wait. Hold on." I pushed the table closer to the couch, putting the cups within the reach of the ponies. Finally, I stood up and took a seat next to the three. They drank the juice happily for a second before I spoke up.

"So, how did you three end up in a bathroom."

Apple Bloom spoke, "Well, we wandered through Twilight's castle for a bit, then saw a door. We went in there, and it was all dark n' dusty, but there was this mirror that was flashing. I went up to it, and touched it, n' fell in. Then I was in that bathroom, and Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle came out too."

Scootaloo spoke next, "We flew out of the mirror in the bathroom. The whole place was big, so we couldn't reach the door or mirror, So we stacked up to reach it. When we reached it, it was hard again."

Finally Sweetie Belle spoke, "So we couldn't go back, and couldn't leave the room. So we waited for somepony to come find us, and that's when you walked in."

I raised an eyebrow about the supposed 'magic mirror', but listened intently. Once they were done, their expressions were a mix of embarrassment and sadness, so I decided to try and cheer the three up, "So we just have to wait for that mirror to be uh... Portal again, and then you can go back home! It'll be easy. I'll just check it every day."

The three ponies looked a little better after I said that, but still a little down trodden. I thought to myself for a second.

What can cheer up three little ponies. Maybe...

"Why don't we watch a movie?" Their ears perked up, but they looked at me with confusion.

"Do you have a projector?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"No... but I have a TV!" I stood up and walked up to the large black rectangle on the wall. Grabbing a remote from a table beneath it, I pushed some buttons until it turned on. I walked back towards the fillies and sat down again. The three stared intently as I browsed through the many apps.

"Um... Here." I clicked on a app. It loaded up, displaying many different options.

"Woah. Cool!" Scootaloo said.

"Which one do you wanna watch?" I asked, smiling.

"Star Wars looks cool!" Scootaloo.

I looked over, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom nodding at the suggestion.

"Okay. Star Wars it is."

Clicking on it, the movie started with a blast of music as text scrolled down the screen.