• Published 12th Feb 2023
  • 1,463 Views, 33 Comments

G5 Adventures in Wakko's Wish - ponydog127



The Mane 5 journey to Acme Falls to find a magical wishing star and save the whole town from a wicked king.

  • ...
4
 33
 1,463

A Powerful New Magic

It had been weeks after Winter Wishday (or Wishentine or Wishihoof) had ended, and Opaline was right back with what she had in the beginning since magic had returned… nothing.

While Sunny Starscout and her pony friends still had their magic (by accident, she proclaimed), the one true heir to Equestria was still left with a small sliver of her previous power… and all she wanted was the dragon fire from Sparky Sparkeroni to recover her lost strength.

And there was only one pony who could get it for her. “MISTY!!!” Opaline shrieked, and the timid blue unicorn emerged from her quarters, visibly shaking at the sound of her mistress’ shrill voice. “Yes, Opaline?”

“Come to me,” Opaline ushered, and Misty quickly trotted over and sad next to her throne, which sat just before her mirror pool, which showcased the Crystal Brighthouse and all the magic within. “Misty, it has been weeks since I asked you to acquire the dragon, and you still fail.”

Misty could feel herself shrivel up on the inside at the disgust and disappointment in Opaline’s words… all she ever wanted to do was make Opaline proud. “But…” Opaline continued, “you have a chance to make up for your… failures.”

“Yes?” Misty blinked, ready to hear what Opaline had to say about giving her a second-- no, fourth… ah, 100th chance. “I have noticed that ever since that potent holiday Winter Wishday, the ponies in the Brighthouse have been spending more time together at two places-- the Brighthouse and that pink pegasus princess’ salon,” Opaline explained. “You’re to go and infiltrate their happy group and either A, learn more about the Unity Crystals, or B, capture the dragon. Do whatever you have to do to get them to trust you with vital information.”

“But… what if they start asking me questions? Like they did at the Unicorn Sleepover?” Misty asked, which in her opinion was the most fun she’s ever had. Opaline quickly spun her head in her direction, making Misty jump. “What kind of questions did they ask you?” she asked with narrowed eyes. “W-Well, it was more Zipp asking the questions than anypony else,” Misty admitted nervously. “She was just asking when I got into Maretime Bay, if I had--”

“Stop. Suddenly, I’m not in the mood to hear it,” Opaline stopped her, and Misty nodded obediently. “Now go-- and do not come back without one of the required items I have asked you for.”

Misty nodded and trotted out the door, giving her mistress one last glance before she left. Opaline kept her gaze cold and icy as she looked at the reflection of the Brighthouse before her. “Soon, Twilight Sparkle, your essence in that putrid lighthouse shall be no more,” she sneered to herself. “I will be the one in control of all magic… and there’s NOTHING you and your followers will be able to do about it! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!”

XXXXXXXXXX

In Maretime Bay, Sunny was fixing all her friends’ favorite smoothies at her smoothie cart while the group chatted about different things, and Pipp was there to take PLENTY of pictures. “So, the Ponykind Parade was amazing!” Izzy said. “Even though the critters under the Blazeberries cuckoo factor was a bit of a whoopsy-hurdle.”

“Makes me wonder if somepony planted them there on purpose,” Zipp wondered to herself, entering that information into her Flypad. There was no detail too big or too small for this detective. “Either way,” Hitch sighed as Sparky drunk from his smoothie, “I’m glad you ponies were there to save me and Sparkers here from being critter chow.”

“Nopony or critter was gonna mess with Pipp Petals and her Ponykind Parade… or her friends,” Pipp told Hitch with a smile, tickling Sparky’s tummy as she spoke. “Um… excuse me?” called a voice, and the group looked over to see Misty trot over to them sheepishly. “Hey, Misty!” Sunny waved. “What can I get you? One Triple Berry or one Pineapple Paradise? Those seem to be the hot flavors today.”

“Ooh, a Pineapple Paradise sounds good! I’ll have that please,” Misty said as she sat down next to Izzy and Pipp. “So, uh… heh…. w-w-what have you ponies been up to?”

“We were just talking about the Ponykind Parade a couple days ago. Sorry you had to miss it to… visit your grandmare you said?” Zipp asked, eyeing her suspiciously. “Yeah,” Misty nodded stiffly. “She was sick with a cold and I wanted to be there to take care of her.”

Once Zipp nodded, Misty sighed inwardly… she was getting better at hiding her nervousness around Zipp, but she would still need some work.

Once she built up her nerve, Misty decided to ask the make-or-break question. “So… you guys know how you mentioned the Unity Crystals in the Brighthouse?” she asked. “Would it be okay if I… got a closer look at them? I mean, the story made them sound really amazing, and I’d love it if I got to see them up close.”

Zipp immediately found this suspicious, but before she could protest, Sunny nodded. “Of course you can! We’ve never had anypony else see them up close, but we trust you. We’ll go after everypony finishes their smoothie.”

Misty nodded and waited for everypony else to finish, and then finished her own smoothie before they walked toward the Crystal Brighthouse. In her heart, Misty could not get over how beautiful it was.

Zipp led everypony up to the Crystal Room, where Misty’s teal eyes widened at how the Unity Crystals glimmered in the rainbow light they created. “Wow… they’re so hooftastic!”

“They are, aren’t they?” Zipp asked with a smile. “There’s so much more we still don’t know about them… and we have to keep them safe from the pony Twilight Sparkle warned us about in her message.”

“M-M-Message?” Misty gulped, knowing that Opaline wouldn’t like it if she found out about it. “Yeah,” Hitch nodded. “Twilight left a message in the crystals warning us about a pony who wanted all magic for herself.”

Misty cringed at this… that was Opaline all right. “C-Could you try and play it for me? I’ve never seen any photos or anything of Twilight, and I’d like to see her.”

“Well… I guess we could,” Sunny said. “Come on, ponies.”

Standing together, the magic flowed from their cutie marks and into the Unity Crystals, as Misty watched in wonder. But, instead of playing the message, the Unity Crystals began to glow brighter until whisps of white magic began to envelope everything in the Crystal Room!

Everypony and Sparky began to panic at the sight, and when the glow faded after a few minutes… they had vanished. Where to? Nopony else knew that either, but we all know it will be an amazing adventure.