• Published 7th Feb 2023
  • 1,429 Views, 54 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Discovers Laser Weapons - iAmSiNnEr



And abuses the living crap out of them.

  • ...
4
 54
 1,429

Chapter 1 - Discovery

Twilight Discovers Laser Weapons
Chapter 1 - Discovery
Written by iAmSiNnEr


It was a normal day.

A completely normal day.

The birds were singing, the clouds were in the sky, the wind was whistling in the ears of ponies. The sun was setting as usual, even as the moon rose into the sky, letting the stars finally come out to display their full splendor.

And there sat a lone unicorn in her tower, looking through her telescope to gaze at the stars. Admittedly, a bit early, but it was entirely in her characteristics to be this frantic to catch a meteor streaking past the planet.

A whole six hours earlier than the meteorologists predicted the meteor would fall past the planet.

“Twilight!” A purple baby dragon with green spikes called up from downstairs. “You need to eat your dinner, or Celestia’ll get mad again!”


“Yeah, no thanks,” Twilight muttered. “Food’s not important when it comes to the Storm Meteor. It only comes once an eon!”

“Twilight?” Spike called again. “I’ve got daisy sandwiches and hayburgers!”

“Not tonight, Spike!” she shouted. “If I miss the Storm Meteor, I’m going to—”


A streak of orange light suddenly flew through the sky, and crashed into the ground just outside of Canterlot city limits.

Twilight frowned and readjusted the telescope lens. “Did I just imagine it?” She redirected the telescope’s point of view to look at where the orange light had crashed, and she could now see smoke drifting up. “Nope. Did not imagine it. This calls for an investigation—”


Her thoughts came to a screeching halt. “Wait. Was that the Storm Meteor?”

She adjusted her telescope frantically again. “Nononono it couldn’t be, it’s six hours early, and it was way smaller than it should have been. Maybe another meteor? But most of them aren’t supposed to hit the ground! In fact, the Storm Meteor was expected to fly past Equus’s gravitational field! Maybe someone pulled it? If that, who?”

She nodded. “An investigation is warranted! Spiiiiiike! I’m going out!”

“You haven’t had your dinner—!” Spike sighed as the unicorn disappeared in a flash of purple light. “Why do I even try?”


After a few minutes of calculated teleportation, Twilight arrived at the scene of the crash.

She saw a steaming crater, and in the middle of it all, it looked as if the meteor had smashed into the ground and exploded into pieces, leaving nothing but molten rock everywhere. “Well, that’s anticlimactic.”

Then she frowned. “What’s that? Did the meteor unearth it?”

She slid down the slope, not caring as mud clung to her hooves, and arrived at what looked to be a metal box in the middle of all the rocks and dirt.

Her horn lit up as she cast spells to scan the metal rectangular box, but none of her spells registered any material that she knew. She wasn’t even sure if the box was metal.

“Well, you know what they say,” she said cheerfully to no one in particular. “No science and magic without risks, right?”

Her horn lit, and she used her telekinesis to open up the box.

Inside lay several slender tubes with what looked to be glowing fuel sources.

Her eyes widened. “Oooh…”


Every part of her was now screaming “shiny”.

Unable to resist, she levitated one of the items inside up, then examined it. “Is there an off and on switch for this? Maybe this lever’s it?”

She pulled on what looked to be a small lever in the middle of it.

And a giant laser ray blasted out of the hollow tube and burned through several trees.

Then the trees all fell in a straight line, the laser having cut through their trunks cleanly.

Twilight’s jaw was hanging down.

“WHAT IN CELESTIA—”