• Published 2nd Feb 2023
  • 128 Views, 2 Comments

Less is More - EpicGamer10075



Short stories about many different things, serving as both a vent and future inspiration.

  • ...
 2
 128

Heartbeat

Her heartbeat was very fast.

It was almost scary how fast it was beating, but... instead she found it rather nice.

High Heel leaned her head a bit further into her marefriend’s chest, her ear pressing against it and listening to her heart go berserk, and while some of that may be attributed to a mix of embarrassment and love, she knew it would be beating very fast even without her presence.

Opening her eyes and looking up at the purple face above her, a full blush streaked across it as those red and green eyes looked down back at her. Her expression was rather neutral besides that, though, clearly unable to know what to do as the sounds of her heart were listened to, somehow putting a light smile on her marefriend’s face.

Of course, putting her head so close to the other mare’s fur could hardly hide Heel from its scent, which was a lovely mix of night-blooming flowers with a slight electric kick underneath. It was impossible to truly describe how it made her feel, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t try...

“You smell incredible, dear Mane-iac...” She spoke to her beloved, and heard her heart pick up a bit more as her face flushed yet further, eyes glancing away for just a moment as she struggled to digest the feelings those words gave her.

“I-um..” Mane-iac tried, but quickly stumbled and had to lick her dry lips to try again, “...T-thank you.”

High Heel’s smile widened, and she slowly lifted one of her cream-coated forehooves off the carpet of her bedroom, and moved it over to one of Mane-iac’s, and watched and listened as her breathing hitched for a split-second, before she gulped as her heart beat yet faster.

Taking her eyes away from her marefriend’s striking pair (which took a bit of effort in and of itself), Heel gazed across that embarrassed purple face, the many green tendrils of her mane above wiggling in place as they struggled to figure out what to do with themselves. Slowly pushing herself up towards Mane-iac’s eye level, she swiftly leaned forward and pressed her lips to the other mare’s, and wrapped a foreleg around her body to keep her from trying to pull away.

“Nn...” Mane-iac murmur as she half-heartedly tried to do just that, eyes closing as she shivered from the emotion pouring through her, while her mane and tail wiggled more vigorously in place, not daring to approach the other mare to either remove her or pull her closer.

High Heel giggled softly as she continued kissing her taller marefriend, closing her own eyes and wrapping her other foreleg around her to keep her close, feeling Mane-iac’s chest press against her own, her heartbeat faster than ever as her forelegs slowly rose from off the carpet to faintly rest on her lover’s waist.

Grinning at the feeling, Heel took a few more seconds of passionate smooching before she managed to pull away, but kept her snout pressed Mane-iac’s, tilted her head forward to press their foreheads together as well, leaving them nowhere else to look but each other’s eyes as they opened them up.

Heeheehee...” Mane-iac giggled involuntarily as emotion bubbled up through her body, and her forelegs rose and tightened a bit around her marefriend’s barrel, pulling her closer as her laughter continued. Tilting her head down and pushing her maw into Heel’s chest to muffle her growing laughter in her fur, some tendrils of Mane-iac’s mane and tail slithered around the other mare’s body, pulling her closer more forcefully as she kept laughing, “Hahahahaha!”

Heel smiled fondly at the display; her lover’s embarrassment at how her burgeoning emotion made itself known was adorable, even moreso give how unique the reaction was, and she wouldn’t have it any other way.

Author's Note:

Most of these stories are inspired by artwork I’ve seen in one way or another, whether it be a random concept I’d like to explore in a different manner or a couple otherwise separate characters interacting, but this one in particular is decidedly based off of a particular image.

I’m hardly one to write fluff, as I really think there ought to be more to a story than just light feelings, but sometimes a concept can really lend itself to a very fluffy romance, and I tend not to have the time to fully explore that.
As such, I’ve made this chapter to show off this romance, but I may in the future make a full story about it, or perhaps someone else may be inspired to do that themselves!