• Published 27th Jan 2023
  • 1,031 Views, 16 Comments

The Sorcerer Supreme of Earth - Vishanti



Enter an adventure of the sorcerer supreme of Earth and his adventures across dimensions with ponies

  • ...
1
 16
 1,031

Prologue

Author's Note:

This is my first story. Please go easy on me.

For many weeks there has been nothing but peace and tranquility, until these hulking gray creatures with a single red beaming eye came to this world out of nowhere. These monsters have swallowed their victims whole and taken over lands.

Because of this threat, many creatures such as griffons, zebras, minotaurs, and foreign ponies have all fled from their home lands to find sanctuary on the mainland of Equestria.

A week has passed, at it seems hope is slowly fading and dwindling.

"Get out of the way, we've got another coming through!" A griffon shouts.

Canterlot Castle's throne room was as grand as the day it was built. Tall, marble, white spires gave the illusion of balance, of holding the majestic ceiling high above the ones it protected from nature.

All of this was unfortunately ignored now with beds, monitors and the medical scent of a hospital thick in the air. Their technology is outdated on today's standards, but their magic makes it up for it.

Everycreature, not everypony, but everycreature was doing something. Be it pony, griffon, minotaur or zebra, everyone had their claws, hooves and talons full.

There were those in armor around the makeshift hospital, wielding spears and shields. Some had their horns alight, some flapped their strong wings to stay airborne, and some had their teeth bared in an eternal grimace around their weapon of choice.

All were sweating as silence overtook the grand chamber as the ground rumbled, watching nervously as a gray beast seemed to break through beneath the marble of the great throne door.

A figure approaches with it's large stature, its figure stoned and silent with each second that passed. Almost as if it were observing all of them with its red eye.

"Be brave, my stallions!" called a strong female voice, a commanding yet undoubtedly kind and motherly one. "Remember that you are the Royal Guards! Remember what you fight to protect, who you fight to keep safe!"

If one turned around they would find their muzzle nigh grazing the once luxurious coat of Princess Celestia herself. The Princess in question was but a shadow of what she used to look like.

Her coat was frazzled and covered in a thin sheen of dirt, of grime. Far from the beautiful appearance of elegance, but nonetheless one she cared little to have back. Her mane and tail was tied back in a messy ponytail, flowing slightly in the non-existent breeze.

She wore no armor, seeing little point given the enemy she faced now as she had before again and again. Her weapon of choice was simply her horn, her wings, her magic.

Foolish some would say given the being they were up against. But one look into those determined eyes was more than enough to shut them up.

"It is as my sister says!" cried another voice, a younger sounding one yet with all the authority her sister had, anger too. "The being we face has no mercy for who it chooses, it does not care for your family, for your loved ones, for your very life! Nay, it would play its victim like a fiddle! You must resist its appearance that scares you."

Like her alabaster sister, the dark blue colored mare was covered in dirt and looked utterly exhausted, nearly on the edge of passing out at a moment's notice. The fire in her eyes was dim, so unlike the blaze it had once been.

"Remember my little ponies," Celestia stepped in, voice taught with love and pride. "That you are our little ponies, but you are not foals! No matter what this creature does or thinks, you are in control! This is your life!"

Cheers and overly loud stomping followed the inspiring words from the two sisters, both looking upon their subjects with affection and strength. Until, "No…no!"

Silence overtook the chamber as a doctor, one overseeing a sickly looking elderly mare backed away wildly, knocking over chairs and objects in his path in utter panic. The reason for this rapidly became clear as the hulking gray beast began to approach him, step by step with loud thumps.

Quick as a flash the guard sprang into action, spear firmly held as they all surrounded and attacked the creature. The creature instantly retaliated, its form grabbing the offending weapons and crushing them on the spot, before reaching whacking its arm and throwing each offending stallion away forcefully, the sound of bones cracking causing many to wince in fear.

The Princesses looked at each other once and nodded, both their horns alighting instantly and firing at the gray beast, surrounding it in a bubble of absolute magic.

Which lasted about four seconds before it shattered into a million pieces, the two dropping to the floor from the backlash.

The poor stallion had already backed himself into a wall, sweating and crying as the being stopped in front of him, fear all but overtaking his senses as he too lashed out and cried.

Luna shook her head roughly and glanced up at the stallion, a pegasus of dark green coat and little mane to speak of. She glanced up and watched in horror as the still crying pony grabbed by the creature, letting out a shriek, his body quickly absorbed in its gray embrace before disappearing. Yet another fell to the creatures of the unknown.

The beast turned to the princesses, it's red glowing eye staring blankly before disappearing as well.

"No…not another one," she heard her sister mumble, distress clear within it. "Oh mother, why have you forsaken us?"

"Tis truly the darkest of times sister," Luna said quietly, the two helping the other up onto their shaky hooves. "Everyone within this lone chamber is all that is left of our once great world. And our spell, It was our strongest spell to date…and it did nothing. We failed our subjects again. We failed the world again."

"Do not say such things little sister," Celestia scolded lightly, nuzzling Luna softly. "We may be all that is left of Equis, but while there is still hope, there is always a way to defeat the coming darkness."

"The darkness you speak of came a long time ago Tia," Luna sighed bitterly, looking morosely at the broken stallions of their once grand royal guards. "We simply didn't see it until it was too late…and it cost everypony dearly."

"But we cannot let this get to us Luna, we are all that keep our subjects going, be it pony, griffon, minotaur and or zebra. We are all that keep them with hope in their hearts."

"And when one of us falls to those…those things? What then, does hope die? Has our fate been decided?" Luna asked.

Celestia either didn't know or simply chose not to answer… which for Luna was an answer. Sighing to herself sadly, the Lunar mare and her sister walked over to the wounded and did all they could to help, caring little for the blood on their once perfect bodies.

It was little over an hour later that it began…that the end came.

"Princess... Princess!" cried a loud, fearful female voice. Said voice instantly drew the attention of everyone in the room, each eye regarding the frightened mare with apprehension as they realized what she was looking through. Namely…a clear window.

Luna got there first, her eyes looking out into the abandoned city and widening with utter terror at what was nearing the castle.

"What is it Luna," Celestia asked, coming close and looking out of the window herself. "You look..."

Much like the one before, a hulking gray beast was floating swiftly towards the castle. Enough to cause distress in everyone for sure…but not the true reason behind the alicorn's fear. No, it was all the rest behind it that almost brought the mares to tears.

"We can teleport everyone out," Celestia suggested frantically and fearfully, her breathing shallow.

"Neither of us have enough energy left to teleport them anywhere but outside the castle," Luna replied, shooting her idea down. "And even if we could, they found us so easily, sister. Without us there to guide our subjects, to keep them from killing each other in fear…"

"Then what do we do?" Celestia pleaded for an answer, anything. "There's nothing we can do to keep these creatures out, our magic is useless." her voice broke, on the verge of crying.

Luna looked up at her uncharacteristically terrified sister and nuzzled her neck comfortingly, hoping against all hope that it'd help her own fear die down, if only a little.

"I think…I think this is it, Tia. The final stand," she said, finality heavy in her voice. "End of the line."

The younger mare could only watch and despair as her older sister fell apart, burying her wet muzzle against her neck so as to futilely stifle her tears.

Celestia had always been the stronger of the two magically, but the weakest emotionally. And as the creatures took more and more, her poor sister had barely been able to hide her depression. So it came to Luna to keep her hope alive…and yet with that final line said, hope died. And as their subjects witnessed their Princesses weep…their hope died with theirs.

The door was closed and locked with everything possible to them, but there were no fighters among them, and even then, what could they do?

Minutes passed and the great door shuddered as the thumping creatures attempted to penetrate its defenses and find their chosen victim. Both sisters wrapped a wing around the other, looking at the other once and nuzzling slowly, as if it were the last time. It was.

Their subjects found comfort in each other, strangers huddling and comforting strangers, tears and surprisingly laughs escaping a few.

And when the final shudder ceased and the door stopped shimmering, it was with little reservation that they all held another close.

"I love you, little Lulu." said Celestia.

"We love thee too, big sister." said Luna.

This was it.

This was the moment.

The door opened slowly, revealing the hoard of gray beasts as they gradually stomped in, many a gasp leaving someone as any particular one came in.

“By the Eye of Agamotto, bathe in it’s eternal light!” A light shined bright as it pierced through the many of the gray creatures. The gray forms let out a horrible deep groan before being completely dissipated by the light.

The light died down as it came from a gold rounded amulet with an eye, the eye closed shut.

Both the sisters and creatures looked to see what had happened, their sight was met with a tall bipedal creature in a blue tunic with a bat or trident symbol on it’s chest, and a flamboyant red cloak with yellow accents.

“Greetings and salutations, I am Doctor Strange and I am here to save you all.” It announced calmly and comforting.

Celestia and Luna were left stunned. They both and their royal guards have tried their hardest to take one down of those gray monsters and failed, but this creature killed many with ease.

“W-who are you?” Luna stuttered. The creature turned to her and raised a brow at her in confusion. “Did you not hear what I said? I am Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme and Master of the Mystic Arts. I have entered your world to save you all from the clutches of the Dread Dormammu.” it said.

“Who?” Celestia stepped forward.

“Dormammu is the ruler of half of the Dark Dimension, he is an inter-dimensional conqueror who has been trying to take over my homeworld for millennia. But now he has his eyes on yours.” The so-called doctor explained.

Celestia was hesitant to believe the words of the creature. She knew nothing of this… stallion. She concluded it male by the masculine sound of it’s voice.

But if his words are true, then she needed information. “What can we do to stop this Dormammu? Will we be able to bring back our friends?” Celestia pleaded, hope rising within her that had been crushed, so did within Luna.

“Indeed, Dormammu keeps his prisoners in his Dark Dimension, thinking ways to torture them eternally, so I must move with great haste if I were to save them… But first.” He turned to see a few more of those gray beasts slowly making their way to them.

“I call upon the Flames of the Faltine.” He chanted as he lifted his arms and moved his yellow gloved hands to make strange signs before they were set ablaze in powerful mystic flames.

With his arms stretched outward pointing to the beasts. His hands shot out a stream of fire, burning away the monsters into nothing.

“I must erase them all first before I confront Dormammu.” Doctor Strange said before walking over to the alicorn sisters. “But first, is there anyone hurt? I am a doctor after all.”

Letting their savior take a look at their wounded and sick, he casts many healing spells to get them back on their hooves, claws, or talons.

The princess observed the unknown creature as he was as tall as her. His hairless sand colored skin with noticeable blotches of white spots down to his neck. The top of his head was the only place with hair as it is brown while his temples were white. His blue eyes that sort of bring a feeling of hope.

After the patients’ check up he greeted the princess by the throne room’s door.

“Once I deal with the Mindless Ones of Dormammu, I will save your people from him.” He declared. He turned and floated away down the halls, his cloak flowing like the soft wind.

“Wait!” Celestia cried out, Doctor Strange stopped and turned back with a raised brow.

“Let us come with you. We must help.” Celestia said. “No.” Doctor Strange responded.

“Why not?” Luna asked, offended and irritated. “Because you couldn't even slay one of the Mindless Ones that invaded your lands, how can you hope to save your citizens if you can’t protect the ones here?” He pointed out. Luna frowned and lowered her head, seeing the reason in his words.

“But I know I can’t leave you defenseless.” Doctor Strange then detached the amulet from his cloak, showing that the amulet had chains on it to use as a necklace. He passed it to Celestia.

“This is the Eye of Agamotto, use it to disintegrate the Mindless Ones. To activate it simply say: by the Eye of Agamotto, bathe in it’s eternal light.” The amulet opened its eyes and glowed softly before closing.

Celestia picked the amulet up in her magic levitation grasp in a yellow sparkling glow and placed it on her neck. “Thank you, Doctor Strange. Please bring back my little ponies.”

The doctor nodded before flying to fight off the incoming threats.

(To Be Continued)