• Published 19th Jan 2023
  • 725 Views, 5 Comments

A Glowing Release From A Not-So Cozy Prison - Chrysalesbian



Cozy Glow gets freed from her stone prison by two familiar creatures of royalty.

  • ...
1
 5
 725

A Glowing Release From A Not-So Cozy Prison

“So Chrissy, why did you wanna walk here?”

“I need you do to something for me.”

We were walking back to the statue of Cozy Glow and Tirek. Cozy Glow looked scared, all I could remember then was pure blinding rage. I didn’t pay attention to Cozy Glow and Tirek. I didn’t even look at them when I was freed. Now that I see them, it’s horrifying. Their expressions reek pure fright, we could’ve stayed like this for millennia.

“Do you wanna free them?” Cadence suddenly snapped me out of my trance.

“Only one. I don’t think we’re the ones to redeem Tirek.” I didn’t really like him. That was really the reason. I don’t care if he gets redeemed honestly. I’m more worried for Cozy Glow.

“You don’t mean?”

“We’re releasing Cozy Glow.”

“Why would you wanna do that!? She’s deranged!”

“She’s a child.”

“Still! She tried taking everypony’s magic!”

“She was Tirek’s pupil, then trapped in Tartarus. No creature deserves that.”

“I guess you’re right, but I have to notify the other princesses and discord then.” She started writing a letter and teleported it to Celestia. Luna, Celestia, and Discord flew down to us.

“Greetings Cadence.” Celestia gave me a nasty look. “Hello, Chrysalis.”

“Hello, Celestia.” She looked at me, then looked at the statue. “You want to free Cozy Glow?” I nodded. “So you can make another villainous plot to take over Equestria with her?"

Cadence went in front of her. “Celestia! You’ve seen her with me! She’s reformed!” Celestia rolled her eyes.

ᚧᛁᛢᛈᛜᚱᚧ walked in front of me. “Why hello Chrysalis, You look glowing from the last time I saw you! Well the last time I saw you, you were full of holes and a statue.” He tapped my hoof. “I must say you look great without being a piece of swiss cheese!” He mimicked me by appearing a bunch of holes in himself.

“Go to Tartarus Discord.”

“Wow! I’m so hurt! Anyways speaking Tartarus, you want to free the filly?” He flew up to cozy glow and tapped her. “She looks so cute here though! Who would want to release her!” His eyes expanded hideously attempting to be a puppy.

“Shut him up.”

“Why! You know I’m just teasing Chrissy!”

That last word echoed through my mind. Over and over and over and over again. “DO NOT CALL ME THAT YOU FIEND! YOU DISGUSTING CLOWN! YOU’RE A PATHETIC CREATURE WHO DOESN’T EVEN DESERVE TO BE STONE! YOU’RE MOCKING A FILLY WHO GOT HER LIFE TAKEN AWAY! YOU SHOULD BE IN TARTARUS YOU WORTHLESS DRACONEQUUS!” I panted after screaming that at him.

“Why I’ so hurt by those words Chriss-“

“SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU DISGUSTING GOOD FOR NOTHING FILTH!” He was visibly shivering.

“Ch-Chrissy?” I looked back, seeing a frightened Cadence.

“I-“ “I’m sorry.” I walked out of the way, and Cadence took me in her embrace.

“Its okay Chrissy. I understand.”

A flash of light appeared, and Cozy Glow was free. She finished her scream and afterwards looked down at her hooves. “I’M FREE!” She looked at Celestia, Discord, and Luna. “Why would you three let me out? Who would want th-“ Cozy Glow looked around and locked her sights on me. “Chrysalis?” She flew down to me, then looks me up and down. “Why are you with them? They turned us to stone! We should destroy them!”

I looked at her. “Don’t tell me. You’re working with them!? But Chrysalis! We’re superior to them! We should be ruling over them!” “Cozy, come with us.” Me and Cadence flew away and Cozy Glow tried to catch up but could barely catch up. I randomly grabbed her and started carrying her. “Wh-What are you doing Chrysalis?”

“Adopting you.” She looked shocked.

“No! You can’t do that! I won’t be adopted by a goody two shoes and a changeling that went soft!” We landed and Cozy went up to Cadence. “I will NEVER call you mom!” Cadence looked shocked.

“Th-That’s harsh don’t you think?”

“I don’t care!” Cozy Glow tried to fly away but I stopped her.

“You’re staying here.”

“No I’m not! I’m leaving now!” Cadence walked in front of her.

“Now Cozy Glow, you don’t have to be so rude. We’re trying to help y-“

“I DON’T CARE! TELL YOUR ‘REFORMED’ GIRLFRIEND TO LET GO OF ME!” I walked up to her next.

“Don’t talk to Cadence like that.”

“Oh don’t act like you’re innocent now. I heard what you yell at Discord. Golly that was vicious. You sounded like you had a lot of pent up rage Chrysalis.” I was shocked. I was trying to help her and she’s so stubborn! Like she doesn’t even want any help.

“Cadence, can you step out the room. I need a little time with our little friend here.”

“Okay Chrissy! Good luck!”

"Yeah she’ll need it.” She said that with a smirk on her face. “About you yelling at Discord. Seems like you really think this is gonna work. Got so angry when he insulted me! Maybe you have changed.” I stared her right in her eyes. Her voice shifted when she talked about me being upset about her.

“What is your problem.”

“What do you mean what is my problem? I’m evil! That’s what my problem is, and deep down, I know its your problem too.”

“You think you can really read me huh.” She nodded with a smirk dragged across her tiny face. “You’re wrong then.” I sat her down on a chair and wrapped a curtain around her, tying her to the chair. “This isn’t very good of you Chrysalis. I’d even say its evil.”

“Don’t try your little games on me child."

“I’m not trying anything! Why don’t you believe me mom…”

SHE CALLED ME MOM? WHY’D SHE CALL ME MOM. WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? “Are you freaking out mommm?”

“I’M NOT!”

“Your voice’s tone switched.”

“YOU INSOLENT PATHETIC WORM! YOU DISGUSTING PATHETIC FILLY! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD CALL ME ‘MOM’. NEVER CALL ME THAT DISRESPECTFUL NAME EVER AGAIN!”

She looked frightened, like I finally got to shocking her to the core. She wouldn’t be scared by some meager yelling though. She was trying to make me feel bad for retaliation. “Wh-Wh-Why would y-you yell at m-me like th-that m-m-mom!!” She started crying, it was ugly. “I d-d-didn’t m-mean to offend y-you. I-I’m just a filly…”

“Shut up. Stop trying to play your games. I won’t be fooled by it you ugly worm.” She snickered to herself.

“Says the changeling.” I glared right into her soul.

“What do you mean by that.”

“I mean you changelings are literally bugs. You just resemble us ponies.” I felt heat come to my face, it was pure rage, unbridled rage. I thought I could get through to her, but this is more difficult than I was expecting. I walked slowly around her, analyzing her.

“Golly mom! What are you doing!” I didn’t answer her, she didn’t deserve an answer with what she was trying to pull on me. Her expression changed to one of irritation. She went from cunning to mad quickly. “HEY! CAN YOU HEAR ME! I DIDN’T KNOW CHANGELINGS COULD GO DEAF SO EASILY!”

Silence. I didn’t even look at her. “HEY! HEY! YOU SAID YOU’RE MY MOM! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO ANSWER ME!” I looked back at her. I gave her a smug look, showing my lack of care for the situation she’s in, or at least the lack of care I want her to think I have. We locked gazes, I could see the good in her. She just didn’t want to show it. I walked up to her, towering over her naturally. “SO NOW YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ME! WELL, I’D LIKE TO TELL YOU NONE OF YOUR ATTEMPS AT ‘REDEEMING’ ME AREN’T GONNA WORK!” A look of disappointment washed over my face. She didn’t want to show the compassion she truly has.

“Listen, I know you don’t really want to be good.” She looked confused at my words. “I know you are though; I mean look at me now, just trying can make your life so much better.” She looked me up and down, scanning my new appearance.

“They’ve just tricked you. You really think Cadence would love YOU!? She’s your complete opposite! She’d never love an EVIL creature such as yourself. Face it, nopony really loves you. You’re just a disgusting changeling who Celestia probably thought would be useful!”

Tears. Tears streamed down my eyes. I couldn’t even let out a rebuttal. What if she’s right. Is she right?

“Is the FORMER queen of changelings crying? You’re pathetic. I can’t believe I worked with you!” Her cruel laugh rung through my ears. I felt anger build up in my body. A scowl yell was about to exit my mouth until Cadence entered the room. Running up to me and suddenly bringing Cozy Glow and I into a hug. We couldn’t help but stop what we were doing.

“I love you both.” Those words escaped Cadence’s mouth, tears streaming down her eyes.

“Y-YOU LOVE ME!?” Cozy yelled when she realized what Cadence’s words meant. She started shaking. “Y-YOU C-CAN’T BE S-SERIOUS RIGHT!? I MEAN LO-“ Cadence shushed her. Cozy’s shaking intensified.

“You’ll be okay.” Cadence said this in a deep, sincere tone. Cozy’s shaking stopped, I felt her body get warmer and relax itself. Her eyes closed, breathing slowing down. She fell asleep.

Cadence stood up, holding Cozy Glow in her wings. “See Chrissy? You just needed to show her some care. You should’ve let me take care of her!”

“Well, I thought I could handle her myself. Seems like I needed some help.”

We walked into Flurry Heart’s bedroom and tucked in Cozy Glow next to her. Flurry was fast asleep; it was admittedly cute.
Cadence and I walked out of the room, knowing a brighter future for Cozy Glow was ahead of her.