• Published 17th Jan 2023
  • 202 Views, 5 Comments

"Harmony Is Key" - Max Initial



Twilight is informed of a cryogenically frozen pony, little does she know it's no ordinary pony, and might just be the key to saving one of the biggest tragedies Equestria will ever see.

  • ...
 5
 202

The Beginning

Author's Note:

I just want to say, I am very new to this fandom, and I haven't written anything in ages, with my main focus for awhile being on music production. I want to get back into writing though, so I'm attempting to do so through some cool fan-fiction I decided to start here. Not sure how long it will go for, though if the reception is positive and you all like it, I will proceed with it further.

Twilight found herself studying quietly in her room, nothing particularly of importance, just out of simple curiosity as she always did. A book written on the phases of the moon, something she had read nearly almost a thousand times already, but still somehow seemed to find interesting after so many reads. As she would start to turn the next page, a sudden knock would sound at her door, and in turn, she would reluctantly stand herself up, departing from her studies to asses the sudden visit.

Straightening her appearance, she would trot over to open the door. She would be greeted by one of the royal guards, which would inform her of some important news that had been sent from the western part of Equestria to her. She would quickly thank the guard for passing the message to her, taking the small envelope that he had possessed in his jaws, before returning to the comfort of her room. She would raise the note in front of her, before slicing the seem and removing the slip of paper from inside of it. She began to read for a moment, before staring oddly at the note as it lay before her. She was surprised to have gotten at the information she had just read, it was short yet it told everything it needed to.

It was far from what she was expecting.. and far seemed like an understatement to her at that moment. It was strange and yet intriguing all the same. She would hold the note there again for a moment, squinting at the page intently as it's context engulfed her mind. It told of a recent discovery, one of an ancient cryogenically frozen forerunner, hidden away on the western front in some... hidden laboratory? She could see now why they forwarded the information over to her, this was something completely unheard of and something only she might know how to evaluate properly.

It was nice to know that she had some time before she could make her way over, with the mention of guards being stationed at the site after the discovery for her when she arrives. She would set down the small piece of paper, before glancing out the window, watching from her room as the ponies of Canterlot would make their daily rounds, appearing to be but ants from where she sat. A pony.. found randomly in a secret underground station at a remote location, just frozen there in a pod? She almost wanted to laugh at how outrageous it sounded, but if the message was passed on to her, she knew it had to be true.

She would give a short sigh, before laying herself down gently. It would be quite the trip over to the west, nothing short of a challenge she knew, though she felt an anxious excitement for the trip all the same. Who knows what kind of knowledge this mysterious pony might hold, that is if they can successfully disengage her from her cryogenic sleep of course. Which she didn't even really know how to do, this was technology she had no record of anywhere. This was history she knew, something far before her time she would be playing with, so she had to asses it with the upmost care. After some careful consideration, she would eventually decide that she would leave the following morning, so she could make it there as soon as possible, as she wouldn't want anything happen to the site while she's not there.

With that, she would finally dress herself appropriately, so that she may attend to her duties for the day she had ahead of her, which as always somehow seemed to grow heavier on her. Twilight had swiftly came to realize with her newfound position that, while being a princess was the greatest honor she had ever received, it was definitely a stressful position to have sometimes. Though at least she had something to look forward to now, she knew. She couldn't help but feel excited with the idea of being able to possibly converse with some pony that predates the formation of many of the large cities within Equestria. She entertained the thought for a moment more before remembering that she was needed in the main hall of the castle.

Reluctantly she would temporarily cast aside her playful thoughts, and would gallop quickly through the long passage that led to the hallway in order to avoid being late. She would eventually reach it though, hopping upon her throne in one quick movement, as her work began to surround her.

After what seemed like an eternity, the day would finally conclude to her relief, and she was readying herself for bed in her room once more. "Reconstruction of the barn at Sweet Apple Acres.. the upcoming gala.." She would run through some of the reports she had collected through the day out loud to herself as to not forget, before pilling them back into a neat and orderly stack to deal with sometime later. She would give a long exhausted yawn, before getting up from where she sat and throwing herself in her bed. She hadn't had a second of the day, for as long and exhausting as it was for her, that she hadn't thought of her trip she would make the following morning, feeling ever so ready for the exciting field trip she had for herself when she awakes.

She would let her mind wonder again, imagining who the pony might be, maybe a leader of the old world. Well.. she doubted that, but the possibility was there. It could just be a normal civilian, though how did they get frozen like that to begin with..? Was it on purpose? Was it an accident? Or maybe it was a revenge plot, and someone put them in there! If so captain Twilight would save them! Well.. maybe. She would giggle for a moment, giving a long, soft yawn, before laying her head gently on her pillow as her breathing slowed, drifting gently asleep to dream of the day ahead of her.