• Published 12th Dec 2022
  • 755 Views, 20 Comments

Scootaloo the vampire - Void Streak



Scootaloo is a filly with a secret. If her secret was revealed she could be exiled or worse.

  • ...
5
 20
 755

Exile

*** 6 years later ***

I was sat in Zecora's hut, who had taken me in when I was banished, thinking about my past life in Ponyville. I knew that pinkie Pie would've been planning a surprise party for my 16th birthday, which was tomorrow. This meant that I would be transferring from fledgling to a fully adult vampire. This meant that I would now be able to transform into a proper bat as well as turn other pony's into vampires although I have also vowed to never transform an innocent pony into a vampire. Then I could hear the sound of a door opening it was zecora smiling I greeted "Hello Zecora, did you find the ingredients?"

"Hello my darling fledgling, how are you on this fine morning? I have managed to find the correct ingredients for my brew, Soon I may be able to lessen your senses when you turn the age of sweet sixteen"

"Thanks Zecora". An added benefit of turning sixteen meant that my senses would greatly increase. The potion that Zecora was creating meant that I wouldn't be too overwhelmed.

Zecora had found me crying in a cave on the same night I was banished. When I told her the whole story she immediately offered me a place to stay however there was one downside to this arrangement. Applebloom would often come up to visit which meant that every time I would hear door knock I had to sneak out through a back window. I didn't want anypony to find out that I am living with Zecora as I didn't want to get kicked out again. Whenever I would catch a glimpse of Applebloom I would always get a pang of guilt as she had a permanent scar on her right hoof from where I had bit. Zecora had managed to find out what happened and then she told me. When I first heard it I was horrified, I would often get horrible flashbacks. Which Zecora had managed to stop with one of her concoctions.

Zecora had reminded me of my old teacher, Elthread. He had told me about everything about vampires and how I could control my new found powers. He even took me on as his personal protégé until one fateful day when we ran into a group of vampire hunters. I don't remember much other than Elthread literally throughing me away to safety from my hiding spot I saw them overwhelm him and then plunging a great, wooden stake through my mentor's heart. The hunter then ripped my teachers heart out and placed it in a jam jar. This made me angry and caused me to have my first crimsoning, I had leapt from the shadows and paralysed the first vampire hunter before Turing on the rest of them. Using my strength and wit I had outsmarted them and lured them into the forest where I picked them off, one by one,until they all lay dead. When I went to the one that had killed my friend I had decided to torture him but then I heard Elthread's voice telling me to stop and to only suck enough blood out of him until he was knocked out. I complyed reluctantly then crawled over to my dying mentor. His last words were "don't ever kill" that was where he died in my arms.

Thinking about this made me cry. Zecora hearing this rushed to my side "what is it my dear fledgling?"

"It's nothing I was just thinking about my old teacher. Anyway I'm not going to be a fledgling anymore after tomorrow"

Zecora tittered and said "exactly I still have one day left to still call you fledgling" Zecora nuzzled me before adding "You are like the daughter I never had"

I cuddled Zecora with mixed feelings as I didn't want to replace my mum with Zecora but I felt the same. Zecore felt like my mother.

***

Sighing I then decided to go hunt. After saying goodbye to Zecora I started flying low over the trees, looking for any oblivious prey. After spying a grizzly bear I flew into the trees and watched my soon to be lunch however the bear seemed to have realised he was being stalked as he turned to the tree and let out a deep gutteral roar. I leapt over the bear which startled him. The bear however quickly shook it of and turned where it then jumped up onto its hind legs in an attempt to make it look more fiercer. I just laughed "What are you doing? Training for the ballet" the bear just look confused at this as if it was trying to understand the words I had spoken. I chose this time to strike. Bucking the legs from out under of him, I leapt onto his back and bit the base of spine which paralysed him. The bear just started whining which made me speak to him like a mother to a foal "shhh this will all be over soon" I then bit his neck and drained enough blood to knock him out.

"HARRY" a familiar voice shouted which made me froze. Slowly turning around I noticed a familiar butter-yellow pegasus whose face was alarmed with fear. She then shouted in an accusatory voice "What did you do? You monster." she then rushed to the bears side trying to wake him up. I decided to not answer and to run.

*** Friendship Castle ***
3rd person

The Main 6 were all in the map room discussing about the upcoming grand galloping gala when all of a sudden Fluttershy burst into the room, her face was covered in tears as she ran up to Twilight "You've got to come help its Harry" Fluttershy sobbed.

Twilight gave a confused expression when she asked "Who's Harry?"

"M my pet bear"

"Of course you have a pet bear" Rainbow Dash sarcastically exclaimed while rolling her magenta eyes.

"Rainbow!" Twilight chastised before turning to Fluttershy "OK, tell me what happened"

"Somepony attacked him"

"Who attacked him" asked Twilight sympathetically.

"S scootaloo, she was in that bat pony form" this revelation made the room go deathly silent. No pony had heard that name ever since Scootaloo attacked the school fillies.

After making Fluttershy recount the whole attack she then told her to show them where the attack took place. Fluttershy lead them to a clearing in the Everfree Forest where Harry the bear lay motionless apart from his eyes whizzing around in panic as he couldn't feel his body.

Twilight performed a scanning spell that detected injuries. She then said "I'm sorry to say this, Fluttershy but Scootaloo must've used the same venom she used on Diamond Tiarra because it appears that he's been paralysed and he is also missing some of his blood" This made Fluttershy sob harder.

"There's gotta be something we can do, right" Applejack asked.

"There isn't any known anti-venom for Vampire venom. And as far as Scootaloo is concerned she was technically doing nothing wrong as she was in the forest and the victim was an animal"

"WHAT, but what if it was another pony who was attacked. We can't just leave her out there willy nilly. She's dangerous, she should be locked up or sent further away"

"I'm with Applejack on this one, we have to stop her one way or another. She can't be left roaming around waiting to attack another pony" this elicited a gasp from the group.

"But Rainbow Dash darling, this is your sister we're talking about not just any ruffian criminal"

Rainbow dash just shook her head "she's not my sister not when she's attacking innocent pony's"

"Right everypony shut up" Twilight shouted which made the bickering stop. "Let's deal with Harry before we deal with Scootaloo. I think we should take him to Zecora, she might have an anti-venom" they all agreed and started to head to Zecora's.

** meanwhile at Zecora's hut ***
Scootaloo POV

I was walking back and forth. When I arrived back from hunting I told Zecora what happened. I expected her to be angry but she was understanding and said that I should go and find Fluttershy and apologise. I quickly shut this idea because if I went to find Fluttershy I could be risk breaking my banishment which I didn't want to do and also partially because I was terrified of what she would do to me.

Zecora then said "little fledgling I can sense something is bothering you please don't keep all that bother welled up inside of you"

I sighed and replied "I'm worried about what Fluttershy would say or what she would do"

"My dear Scootaloo, there is nothing for you to fear. Fluttershy would not be the true element of kindness if she started to shun you"

I then sighed again "your probably right" then I heard the door knocking again I quickly leapt through window where I just hid below the window frame, not wanting to be discovered nor wanting to stray far from the hut incase of running into Fluttershy. But that wouldn't have happened as she was already here.

***

I could hear Zecora opening the door and then hearing Twilights voice "Hey Zecora" my face paled if Twilight was here then that could mean that the others are to. Deciding to peak into the hut I confirmed my suspicions when I noticed the main 6 in the door way. Fluttershy looked like she had been crying which made me feel guilty but then I noticed that both Rainbow Dash and Applejack looked angry which made me gulp.

"Please come into my humble abode" Zecora welcomed while gesturing for the main 6 to enter which they did.

"we're just wondering if you had any Anti-venom for vampire venom." Zecora's face fell when Twilight asked that.

I already knew the answer as I had asked the same thing when I first moved in. "I am afraid not. For what you seek is impossible as there is nothing in this world that can work against vampire venom. If Somepony has been struck with vampire venom then they should be made cosy as vampires typically like injecting their enemies spine to act as a paralysing agent. Although I can safely say that vampire venom is not deadly"

Applejack then spoke "yah shor do know about a lot about vampires"

"I know of many creatures within this world"

All of a sudden Rainbow Dash shouted "Wait a second those are Scootaloo's saddlebags." while pointing to a pair of light blue saddlebags. I cursed myself as I had forgotten to hide them.

"I I don't know what you mean. Those are my saddlebags" Zecora stammered while sweating.

"Why are yah lying, Zecora" Applejack said accusingly while glaring at the guilty looking zebra.

At this point, I know that the gig is up so sighing I climbed back into the hut.

At first the entire room was silent then all of a sudden Fluttershy calmly walked over to me before grabbing me by my neck and then lifted me up and started strangling me while pinning me to the wall.

"you monster are going to pay for what you did to Harry"

I knew that I couldn't die from this but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. I tried to speak but all that came out was choking noises. I could see my reflection in Fluttershy's rage filled eyes, which revealed my orange face slowly turning blue. All of a sudden the pressure around my neck was alleviated as Twilight pulled Fluttershy away with her magic. I fell to floor coughing and spluttering.

Wheezily I explained. "I had no choice if I don't feed on blood. I will die"

Nopony knew how to respond to that. Looking around I finally noticed that Fluttershy wasn't the only pony angry. Applejack looked at me as if I was a rotten apple. To my shock Rainbow Dash looked like she wanted to kill me herself.

Twilight then looked towards Zecora and simply commanded "Explain"

With a sigh Zecora slowly started to explain how she found me and took me in as her own.

"But ah thought that she can't go anywhere near civilization?" Applejack asked her anger making way for confusion.

Twilight herself answered "Because Zecora lives on her own, It technically wasn't classed as civilisation"

After the explanation, Twilight and the rest of the gang started to leave. I sat there for a few moments before running to my sleeping bag where I started to cry I was saddened that Rainbow Dash hadn't said anything about my birthday, the next day...

Author's Note:

Zecora won't be rhyming because I can't rhyme to save my life. However this won't mean I won't try, they just won't be as good.