• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 795 Views, 8 Comments

The Legend of Delta - ImpossibleReflection



There is an immortal creature of legend, wandering the streets with a lantern of green flame.

  • ...
3
 8
 795

IV

He now had regained his companies again. now all the work he needed to do was done. and all that was left was leisure, and making acquaintances. The pink mare seemed saddened by him denying her petition for party, so hew decided to go to Sugar cube corner and see her to attempt to make it up to the pink sugar-high.

As he had expected she was at sugarcube corner. She seemed to forget the event yesterday, or had simply gotten over it.

"Hello Pinkie, how are you today?"

"Could be better, if you smile."

Delta chuckled at her demeanor, she was hyper and annoying but a good pony. he smiled slightly, he hadn't upset the pink pony. so he politely said farewell and continued on his path around Ponyville. He saw an orange pony selling apples in the bazaar. She was wearing a brown stetson. The stetson brought him back about fifty years, to when he was settling in a town still being built in the desert.

~~~

Our protagonist was currently disguised as an earth pony. He had a off white coat and a light blue mane and tail. he wore a white stetson shading his face and neck, and a blue bandana to keep the sand out of his face.

He walked next to a blue unicorn wearing a stetson over his horn and a brown duster over his torso. This pony had been the towns mayor, as well as the town sheriff. The town in question was very small, just one street. barely a town at all, but enough. They walked up into half built structure, through a pair of swinging doors. They where having a conversation about the apples giving a good harvest, one that would be ready to be picked very soon. The sun lit most of the uncompleted bar. They Each ordered a mug of cider and chose a table in the shade of what had been made of the roof. to drink the cider. Our protagonist was the financial adviser for the town, for he had showed such advanced skill in the subject.

so they began talking about where would be the best place to export the apples to gain the most profit for the town. this gave way to asking about the day. the acquaintance to our protagonist had some problems with snakes in the cattle field earlier that day and had to get rid of a nest of them. Which was a chore due to the hot summer sun of the desert.

soon the conversation was switched to about Delta's day. That day had been very uneventful. soon they walked outside to continue their business in the town hall. He organized the best exports and signed them so that they would be official, as well as final. soon a sound of a ray beam spell outside was heard. The Sheriff ran outside moving his hat back to expose his horn.

Delta soon followed suit to see what was going on. A brown pony in all black, a black hat, black duster, and black bandana over their face. a pool of blood was forming around a yellow buck with a deputy star floating in the crimson pool.

The outlaw and the sheriff moved into the street and circled. other ponies looked out to the street from behind posts, around walls and through windows. They knew one of these ponies would not see the end of the day. they looked at the clock, a minute remaining till three o'clock. They looked at each other and nodded. at the third toll their horns would charge and then discharge as quickly as possible, leaving one of them in the dirt, the only thing unknown to the two was who would walk away from today.

both of them believed they would win. They knew that it was either win or die. It was a simple rule, a cruel one, but better laws have yet to be set up.

The clock tolled once.

They widened their stance and looked into each others eyes, a deadly fire burning in them.

The clock tolled again.

They took aim at where they where going to fire, stared their eyes as if the spell was not needed, as if they could kill them with stares alone. they then returned their eyes to lock. hoping one would back down at the last instant.

The clock tolled a final time.

Two horns charged up. magical energy flowing from them ready to fire at each other. the resulting flash from the discharge was bright. the sound of two energy beams being fired off at once filled the air.

When vision had returned the outlaw was on the ground. Our protagonist let out a breath he had no clue he was holding. every pony cheered for the hero who had ended the outlaw's existence.

this cheering however was soon quelled as the Sheriff fell to his knees. Our protagonist rushed over to the sheriff. to see that his duster had a whole in his chest and a burn in his duster where it went through.

~~~

he had come back to the now he had went to a tea shop and ordered a hot cup of green tea. The sun was low on the horizon, ans would be replaced by the moon very soon. He sipped away the last of his tea and dropped the appropriate amounts of on the table for the waiter to pick up.

he began trotting back to his house, enjoying the crimson shade the sky was becoming, 'The Pegasus who organized this needs to be commended for such excellent work at painting the sky' he mused to keep his mind occupied. He disliked having his mind idle he needed to have it occupied. though it is not as if his mind would sit on idle it rarely ever did. HE meandered into his abode and went to the box of memories.

Now let us traverse a few blocks of this overly colorful village to a certain tree we are all familiar with. Twilight had had a notebook put together for the information she would gain from him. she reread over her information. adding bits of information where she could manage. after feeling content she set it to the side to make a more final version in another notebook she had selected. She went across the library to her drawing board where she had ideas written down as what to ask him upon her next meeting.

upon a realization she facehoofed. She had forgotten to appoint a time to meet him. She went to her calendar, and looked at it, tomorrow was the third Wednesday of the month. Normally she scheduled even her free time, but she decided one day that one day a month should be spontaneous. it was actually Rainbow Dash's idea, but she thought it would be nice to schedule a day for nothing in particular.

She decided to use that free day to investigate his history. She wanted a complete history of him, and who he actually was, she wanted to know all that the book did not tell. after having organized for the night, she decided to sleep to be well rested for the next day. she had much too learn.