• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,027 Views, 13 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider II: Hidden Harmony - MrAwesome343



A sequel to my first story, The Legacy of the Rider

  • ...
2
 13
 1,027

Chapter 8: Heroism

Chapter 8: Heroism


Rainbow Dash was lying on a cloud. "Rainbow Dash!" Taro shouted.

"Hey Tao, how's it hangin'?" she replied.

"Come on, we need to defeat Discord," Taro said, landing next to her.

"No thanks, I'll just stay here."

"Come on, we're going."

"Are you kidding? Have you SEEN PonyVille? It's a disaster! Let's stay here in Cloudsdale."

"That's a cloud."

"Well DUH! It's CLOUDSdale, city made of CLOUDS!"

"I mean it's just a regular cloud. Nothing special about it." He entered her mind. Like all minds when entered, it was a memory and thought haven. Memories of Rainbow's past floated through every space and thoughts of what Rainbow Dash was thinking filled the crevices. Many of them were of Taro. One was of how she wanted to stay in Cloudsdale with Taro. She just wanted to be with him. In another, she was with him in what he assumed was supposed to be his world. She was human, and they lived together. Her thoughts were beautiful. She was no longer loyal, yet she still only thought of him. He didn't want to leave. But he had to help save Equestria.

He found the memories of her and Discord. "Yeah I got a conversation right here!" she shouted triumphantly. She was offered her wings. Taro cut out that part and pushed it toward the back of her mind. Her dreams. He exited.

She was looking at him with her beautiful magenta eyes. She hugged him. "I'm sorry! Will you ever forgive me?" she pleaded.

Taro hugged her back. "Of course, you're my Rainbow Dash." He let go. "Now, we have to save Equestria. I need to cleanse Fluttershy."



They flew to Fluttershy's cottage to find her picking on her animals. "Fluttershy, stop!" Rainbow Dash pleaded.

"Don't tell her to stop, she's just going to keep going to make you mad," Taro informed Rainbow. Taro grabbed Fluttershy and entered her mind. It was just like Rainbow's, only it was thought's of not feeding her rabbit, only to see him beg, and pouring water on Spike... again. He found her memories. Discord had a hard time with her. "Oh no, I AM weak and helpless, and I appreciate their understanding." Great, just one more reason for everyone to love Fluttershy. He removed the memory and thrust it toward her dreams.

"Oh, Taro, Rainbow Dash! I'm so sorry I was so cruel! I didn't mean..."

"It's okay Fluttershy." Taro interrupted.

"We know it wasn't your fault," Rainbow Dash stated.


They met Twilight in the center of town with Rarity, Apple Jack, and Pinkie Pie. "Now all we need to do is confront Discord," Twilight said, giving everypony their elements.

"Hey, Taro has one!" Pinkie Pie pointed out.

"Oh my, it is just fabulous on you," Rarity complimented.

"What does it mean?" Fluttershy asked.

"Heroism," Taro explained triumphantly. He went on to tell the others of it's existence.

"Well, now that we know that story, I think it's time we defeat Discord, don't you?" Rainbow Dash asked.

They didn't have to travel far to find Discord sitting on a throne, drinking literally a glass of chocolate milk. Not the chocolate milk in it, the actual glass. "Oh, look," he started, "You've gathered the Elements of Harmony once again. I'm sooo scared."

"You should be!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"I told you I'd make you pay, Discord," Taro said. "Now, it's time."

They all started to glow, except Taro. He backed up. They started to hover in the air. "Oh, that's not good," he heard Discord say.

Taro felt his rage toward the villain build up again. Steps of light appeared over his pony friends. Taro whipped out his sword and ran up the stairs. As he did, his thoughts were being transferred to everypony else: "You got rid of my friends, ruined their personalities, made them give up, and turned them into complete jerks! I have no reason to even LISTEN to what you say!" "I will fight for Equestria, no matter WHAT the cost!" "It's not just for me, it's for Equestria!" "You're my Rainbow Dash." "Discord changed them." "I'll always stay true to my friends!" Taro reached the last step, high above Discord. He jumped, raised his sword high above his head, and shouted "KVEYKVA!" The bright green sword glowed in lightning, as well as the one around his neck. He came crashing to the ground in a thunderous boom.

They stopped glowing. All the ponies could see was smoke and dust. Shrapnel of gray stone fell from the sky. Short bursts of lightning came from inside of the crater that had been left behind. The smoke cleared, and Taro was kneeling on one knee, sword drawn, and panting hard. A bolt jumped out of the sword and back in. He stood and faced his friends, who were awestruck. Taro had scratches and cuts in random places, as if the power needed more room and created places to exit through.

"Woah," Apple Jack muttered.

"So much power. I never felt anything like that. Well, besides the first time I used magic. But this time, I didn't fall unconscious from lack of energy," Taro said.

There was a short silence. Rainbow Dash ran to Taro and hugged him, who hugged her right back. "Those were your thoughts we heard, weren't they?" she asked.

Taro nodded.

"You really are the Element of Heroism, aren't you?" Twilight asked, walking to his side. "All of those thoughts, never giving up hope, never leaving us. You stayed by our side the whole time, no matter what we said or did."

Taro released Rainbow Dash. "I never really thought of myself as a hero. I just do what I think is right. I don't do it to make me feel better."

"Maybe that's why it's you who's Heroism," Apple Jack inquired. "I never thought I was honest, just doin' the right thing."

"And I never thought about being kind," Fluttershy said, joining them.

"Well I ALWAYS laughed," Pinkie Pie said. "But whatever."

"Your heart and mind, so pure. Your thoughts of loyalty and righteousness,"Twilight stated. "And you and Rainbow Dash..."

Rainbow blushed and Taro smiled. "You heard that part too, huh?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight nodded. They all did. Twilight looked back at them and smiled. "But GEEZ is that a big crater you made! It's going to take forever to clean that up!"

Taro smiled. "I do what I can."

They looked around to see all of the clouds return to white, the houses flip over again, and ponies slowly walk outside again.

A portal opened beside Taro. Jarden, Chalmen, Thatch, and Isron walked through. They stood in the middle of the crater. Taro smiled at them.

"Did you do this?" Isron asked.

Taro nodded. "Why are you here?"

"Thatch said he felt something was disrupted. For a minute, he couldn't sense you. He was worried," Isron said.

Thanks pal, Taro said, hugging Thatch's head.

You're welcome.

"You must be the new Dragon Rider," Twilight said, walking up to Jarden.

He looked at her in disbelief. "The horse is talking, Taro."

"Yeah, where? I only see ponies here," Taro replied.

"The ponies are talking."

"Oh, yeah, I know. They're very nice ponies. Pet one," Taro joked.

They all laughed. "So Taro, looks like you've got this handled," Isron said.