• Published 9th Nov 2022
  • 1,159 Views, 39 Comments

Beyblade: Worlds Unite - Seeker1



The world of Beyblade is always changing. Always evolving. And with change, a whole new generation of bladers steps up to rise to the occasion.

  • ...
2
 39
 1,159

Chapter 7: Emergence of a New Blader

Space that was what all it surrounded the person. For them, they had been drifting apart slowly in this ever-lasting void inside of some barrier. They had been drifting along casually without a care in the world as they had their eyes closed; all around them was nothing but darkness.

"Emerald... Emerald..." called out a voice.

The boy slowly opened his eyes as he could see the darkness, but it was still fuzzy.

"Emerald... Emerald! Time to wake up!" shouted the voice.

"Who's there?" asked the boy.

Soon something happened; a small portal opened up, filling the space with a bright light that the whole view went white.

Eyes opened up as they began to let the light enter their vision of sight. The first thing that Emerald saw was Twilight as she was looking down at the boy.

"Emerald!"

"Twilight?" responded the boy, still having the effects of waking up.

"Oh, thank goodness you're alright," sighed the girl as she was worried for a sec that the teen wouldn't wake up.

"I don't understand. Where am I?" said the boy as he sat up slowly.

"You're in the principal's office," spoke a voice.

The boy turned to see Principal Celestia standing behind Twilight as the woman had a straight look on her face.

"What happened?" asked Emerald.

"After Flash beat you, you passed out," explained the lavender girl.

"I lost?" said Emerald as he put a hand on his forehead.

"Well, yeah. You were tired after defeating 100 Bladers. So, of course, you'd be worn out! And that was stupid of you!" shouted Twilight as she hit Emerald in his arm. "How can you be so careless?!"

"Yeesh, calm down, Twilight! I just woke up!" responded the boy, as he didn't need a lecture from her.

The girl began to go on a tangent as Emerald tried to silence the girl's voice. All the while, Celestia was watching how the two teens acted, and she couldn't help but giggle. It warmed her heart to see Twilight caring for her friend's safety.


Twilight was now standing outside Celestia's office as the principal had called Nurse Redheart to come in and check up on Emerald. The student president was worried for her friend.

(Flashback)

"Emerald! Emerald!" shouted Twilight as she was by the boy's side as he had just fainted from his battle with Flash.

Most of the crowd was already leaving as Fluttershy, who was also among them, rushed through the students and bent down with her friend.

"Fluttershy, help me get him to Principal Celestia's office," said Twilight as she and the buttercup girl began to lift Emerald up as they had his arms over their shoulders.

"Twilight?" said Flash as he saw the girl help the boy who was his opponent.

"Flash."

The two teens looked at each other as Flash wondered how Twilight knew Emerald.

"Fluttershy, can you take Emerald for me?"

"Sure," said the girl as she began to lead Emerald away.

"You know him?" asked Flash.

"Yeah. He's teaching me how to Blade," answered the girl.

"To Blade? That's great. Seems you finally came around. I'm glad for you." said Flash as he was happy to see that Twilight was interested in Blading. "But wait, Emerald is teaching you? Not that I got anything against that, but if you wanted to learn, why didn't you ask me? I wouldn't have minded teaching you."

"Well, it was after school when I met Emerald. Not to mention, I annoyed him that I didn't think he was willing to tutor me. But he changed his mind at the last second." said the bookworm.

"Well, I'll say this. He's got skill; I can respect that," said Flash.

"Look, Flash. Mind if we discuss this later? I got a friend to check up on." said Twilight.

"Sure thing," said the boy as Twilight hugged him to say thanks before she took off.

(End of Flashback)

The girl had finished recollecting when the door to Celestia's office opened, and Emerald and the principal herself came.

"Now go home and get some rest, Emerald," stated Celestia.

"Will do," stated the boy.

"Twilight, can you keep an eye on him?"

"I don't need a babysitter, Principal Celestia,"

"Yes, well, better safe than sorry. Besides, I was once rebellious like you," smiled the woman. "Twilight?"

"You can count on me, Principal Celestia," Twilight said, assuring the woman she would do her job.

The two soon left as Emerald was anything but happy, as he didn't need someone to watch over him like he was a kid. Eventually, the two exited the school as they were in front of the building.

"So, I guess that means we're going to your place?" asked Twilight.

"Yeah, either way, we were gonna head there to create your bey," said Emerald as he began to lead the girl in the direction of his place.

After a fair walk, the two teens arrived at Emerald's place as it was a small house. The boy opened his door and allowed Twilight to enter first as he followed by.

"Wow. It's a nice place," said Twilight as she took in Emerald's place.

"It's decent enough," stated the boy as he took off his shoes, as Twilight removed her boots. "Make yourself at home. What anything to drink?"

"Some water is fine," said Twilight as Emerald made his way to his kitchen, opened the fridge, and pulled out two water bottles.

"Here," said the boy as he handed the bottle to the girl.

"Thanks," said Twilight as she took the bottle from the boy and brought it to her lips.

"So, apart from you watching over me? Did you actually do what I asked?" said Emerald.

"Yeah, I was able to come up with a few designs," responded Twilight as she reached into her backpack and pulled out some papers.

The bookworm handed them to the boy as he glanced at them. Emerald was looking at the many designs that Twilight had been sketching the previous night as he managed to paint a picture of what the bey might look like when it was done.

"Well?" asked Twilight.

"Not bad, but we'll see how it really looks when we build it. Follow me," said the boy.

Twilight got up and followed Emerald. They soon entered a room as the boy flipped a switch. The whole room lit up a section of the room; there was a computer along with machinery that was also present.

"Wow," said Twilight.

"Well, ready to make your bey," asked Emerald with a smile.

"Yes."

"One thing though, do you know what type of bey you want?"

"Type?" said Twilight.

"There are four types of bey: Attack, Defense, Stamina, and Balance. Each one has its own specialties. Attack does well against Stamina, Stamina does well against Defense, and Defense does well against Attack."

"So, it's like Rock, Paper, Scissors?" asked Twilight.

"A l-little," stuttered Emerald as Twilight chose to word the entire game. "But unlike Rock, Paper, Scissors, you can turn a disadvantage into an advantage. It all comes down to what a Blader's strategy is."

"You mean like how you could score a point against Flash when you were tired, and he used his special move?" asked Twilight.

"Exactly. Beyblading is also a mental game. Think of it like Chess. You gotta think twelve steps ahead while also keeping in mind what your opponent may do to change up their playstyle." stated Emerald. "But enough of that, let's get to making your Bey."


Twilight inputted her sketches into the computer as she uploaded the images. They soon came across the screen as Emerald's program began to run diagnostics and overlays. Soon the image of her bey and how it actually looked was shown in code and boxes as it rotated for both to see. The pair nodded as they began to get to work.

Twilight was typing some commands to the computer program as the machines inside a glass case began to move. Sparks flew as they began to implement Twilight's specs. Emerald soon led Twilight to a workstation where he showed the girl how to use the tools to put the final prints on the pieces of her bey. With a set of goggles, Twilight got to work.

Safe to say, the boy was impressed by how much work and dedication, Twilight was putting into creating her bey. With it getting late, Emerald offered Twilight a slice of pizza as a break, but she was determined to make her creation come to life. Even if it took all night.

Almost there. Just a little bit longer.

After much work, it was soon completed. The pieces of her bey were on a table in front of the bookworm. Twilight took off the goggles as he wiped her forehead. She began to reach for the pieces and began to assemble them. A surge of energy flowed through the girl upon putting the final piece on. In her mind, she was shown floating in space as all around her was white. Soon a shadow stood before her as she gasped. It soon revealed a figure as they were grey-colored.

"Are you..." said Twilight.

The figure nodded as she put her hand out; Twilight did the same as the two soon joined themselves in a blinding white light.

"Well?" asked Emerald as he stood behind the girl.

"It's finished," said Twilight as she turned and showed off her bey.

Like Emerald, the girl had decided to make her bey a Balance-type as she thought it to be the most strategic given her personality. While not a bad decision, the boy warned the girl that being a Balance-type meant having to be much more technical than most Bladers. But for Twilight, she took that as a challenge.

Emerald looked at Twilight's bey as compared to his; she had gone with three blades as they were positioned in a triangle formation on the bey itself to give maximum power and strength. The colors of Twilight's bey matched that of her hair; in the center was a sparkle that looked similar to the one on her notebooks that she often wrote in.

"Be honest," said Twilight as she wanted to get Emerald's opinion on her bey.

"Not bad. However, looks aren't just everything. It's how you can handle your bey that counts. Care to give it a test." stated Emerald.

"Yeah," nodded Twilight.

"But first, you're gonna need this."

The teen pulled something from behind his back as it was a launcher. The color and scheme matched her bey as Twilight was in awe.

"While you were busy, I took the time to make this for you. I... hope you like," said Emerald.

Twilight grabbed the launcher from Emerald as she looked at it. She then attached her bey to the end as the weight of it felt right.

"I love it. Thanks," said the girl.

Emerald was rubbing his neck when he didn't expect what would come. Twilight leaped forward and hugged him as her way of saying thanks to Emerald for all his work in helping her. The boy was stunned by this show of affection that he didn't know what to do or how to respond correctly. Soon the girl let go of him and looked at her bey and launcher.

"So... what do you call it?" asked Emerald.

"Hmm..." hummed Twilight as she tried to devise a name for her new partner. "Magia!"

"Magia. What does that mean?" asked Emerald.

"It translates to Magic. You know, as in the Magic of Friendship. The same friendship you showed me by helping me to understand beyblade and help me build my own." said Twilight with a smile.

"Huh, nice," smiled the boy. "However, there's one more thing."

Emerald gestured for the girl to follow him as he led them to where a small beystadium was set up.

"You have to learn how to truly command your new bey first. Then... it'll be complete," stated the teen as the student president nodded. "Try launching your bey."

Twilight approached the stadium and bent to a knee. The girl rotated her bey as she steadied herself and took a deep breath. Twilight tuned her mind to be one with her new partner as she had a steady grip on the ripcord.

"Here we go!" declared the girl. "3, 2, 1! Let it rip!"

Twilight pulled the string back as hard as she could, and power surged through her launcher into the bey as it shot out. The bey was launched as there appeared to be magical sparkles surrounding it that were forming. Twilight's bey landed in the stadium as it took off, with magic sparkles trailing behind it. However, the real story was on Twilight's bey as it was moving at high speeds, all while showing its power.

"Wow," muttered Emerald at the sight before him.

"Let's take it up a notch! Faster, Magia!" instructed Twilight.

The bey heard the girl's command as it picked up even more speed. It was moving in all directions, once again showing its strength. The bey bounced off a wall, leaving a mark behind due to the blade connecting with the rim. It kept bouncing off the stadium walls as the magic particles dazzled and spread out to add a visually appealing.

Emerald was amazed by what he saw before looking up at Twilight. To think, he saw a sight that brought him joy and happiness. The smile on Twilight's face, the way it lit up, the literal magic that emitted from her. It made him... feel warm and comfy. Seeing the girl be happy gave him some purpose.

Twilight's bey bounced off a wall before flying into the air. It soared as the girl caught it with one hand and looked at it.

You are worthy of my power.

The spirit inside Twilight's bey flashed in the girl's eyes as it showed a priestess who wielded a staff; she had long flowing hair that matched Twilight's and held a spellbook in her other hand as her beauty was on display.

"Congratulations. You're finally done it," said Emerald.

"Well, I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again, Emerald. You've opened my eyes to seeing that Beyblading is more than I thought it was. I'm glad to have met you and... for being my friend." stated Twilight as she looked away for a bit while twirling a strand of her hair as her face lit up in red.

"Well, that means it's time for everyone to see how strong you are. And the's only one stage for that. I signed you up for the district tournament as well." said the teen.

"You could have told me before?! I need time to prep!" said Twilight, panicking.

"You'll be fine, Twilight. I know you will," said the boy as he placed his hand on the girl's shoulder.

Upon contact, Twilight felt herself looking at Emerald and staring into his eyes. The girl was lost as she gazed deep into his, amethyst meeting brown, as the pair stood there in silence. The feeling of Emerald's hand gave a sense of comfort to the girl as she felt all her worries being taken away by the boy himself. It was as if he could take away her troubles, as it brought a smile to her face.

"I believe you can do this," spoke Emerald softly.

The student president took a deep breath as she looked at her bey and addressed the boy in front of her.

"You're right. As long as I remember everything you taught me, I'll be fine."

"That's my girl," chuckled Emerald. "So, care for a battle?"

"Bring it!" snickered Twilight.

The two teens were in front of the stadium as they prepared to battle. They attached their beys to their launchers as they bent to a knee and prepared to battle.

"Hope you're ready, Twilight," said Emerald.

"I am," stated the girl as she placed her hand on the string of her launcher, showing she was ready.

"3, 2, 1! Let it rip!" shouted both teens as they pulled on the ripcord of their launchers as hard as they could.

The teens created a gust of wind as it showed their power. Their beys were launched and landed in the stadium as they took off and began to circle each other. Twilight's bey bounced a bit before landing and crashing into a wall. However, it was calculated by the girl as it sent her bey upward just as Emerald's bey was coming around. The girl's bey landed behind the boy's as it began to chase it.

"Show'em what you're made of, Magia!" said Twilight as her bey zoomed by Lunor and began to circle the center.

"Wow, that's fast," smiled Emerald at how much Twilight was using the training he gave her. "You're doing pretty good, Twilight. All right, Lunor, attack!"

Lunor heard Emerald's command as it crashed into Magia, which sent it back a bit, but managed to make Magia fall at the center as it spun.

"Hang in there!" said Twilight.

"Fury Rush!" stated Emerald.

Lunor began to pummel Magia with attacks from every angle as the bey was trapped and bounced back. Despite its defense power, Magia struggled to keep up with Lunor's assaults.

"Just hold out!" stated Twilight as she was banking on Magia's defense to allow the girl to see an opening for them to strike back.

An attack sent Twilight's bey out of the center as its tip was show dragging along the surface. As Lunor went for an attack, Magia quickly used the friction from its tip and the stadium to drift out of the way of Lunor's attack.

"What?" said Emerald as he and Twilight were shocked to see what happened.

"Yes!" said Twilight as she began to execute her counterattack. However...

"Let's end this! Lunor!" shouted Emerald as he felt fired up.

The boy felt himself pump up as he gave out a battle cry. His aura now glowed a bright gold as he transferred some energy to his partner. His bey also began to glow as the creature inside emerged and gave a snarl before howling at the moon above.

The bey bounced off the wall before taking a sharp turn and heading straight for Twilight's bey. The two collided as they made contact and held their position before Magia was sent into the air.

"No!" said Twilight in a worried tone as time slowed down for a sec.

So... that's her limit, then.

Emerald could see the expression on Twilight's face in that split second as he sighed. Just then, something happened. Time resumed and...

"Come on! Magia!" shouted Twilight as that did something.

Her bey shined with a purple aura, as did the girl, as the magic surrounding the bey itself sparkled the brightest it'd been. The priestess inside Twilight's bey was shown as she twirled her staff and powered it up while in her other hand, she held a spellbook.

"No way!" muttered Emerald with wide eyes at the sight he saw.

Magia hit the wall held in place by it, constantly spinning against it before using it to slowly slide down and touch the stadium before taking off. Lunor was now spinning in the center as it barely dodged Magia's attack and zoomed by before coming back around. Lunor exited the center and circled the outer, as was Magia before the two changed directions and headed straight for each other. The two met in the center head-on as a giant wind blew. Thankfully, there were no windows in the room; had there been, they would have shattered the glass from the power of the impact.

Emerald and Twilight still had their respective glow as their monsters made contact outside and inside. Soon the beys poured everything they had as they were flung back with intense momentum.

"What the?" said Emerald as he was shocked cause Lunor flew by his head and was about to land on the floor.

"Yes," said Twilight as she saw Lunor fly out of the ring as her bey was still in the air in front of her. It looked like the girl was going to win when...

Her bey burst.

Twilight gasped when she saw this as Lunor hit the ground at that exact moment.

The two teens looked at all that lay before them as they tried to take in all that had happened. After a brief moment of silence, Twilight spoke.

"So... what happens? Who won?" asked the girl.

"Well... Magia burst a bit early. So... that means with a Burst Finish, Lunor wins," said Emerald.

Twilight slumped to her knees and had her head down. Emerald knew from the moment, Twilight's bey burst she had lost immediately. However, he didn't have the heart to answer the girl right then that she lost, but even with delaying the result, it seemed to pain the girl.

The boy looked at the girl on her knees with her head down. He could see that this wasn't how Twilight wanted her first win to go, granted Emerald held back a bit, as he didn't want to overpower Twilight.

"Hey, Twilight... it's okay," said Emerald as he slowly approached the girl.

He dropped a knee before the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Not everyone wins. Even I..."

Emerald didn't finish his statement as Twilight wrapped her arms around his neck. The girl lunged forward and embraced the boy; Emerald was caught off guard as he expected the girl to be sad, but she wasn't.

"Thank you," said Twilight, as she didn't mind the result of the battle. Just that she finally got to be a Blader.

"You're welcome," said Emerald as he wrapped his arms around the girl and returned the embrace.

For the boy, he was glad that not only did he help Twilight, but to help her awaken her bey. Now... it was all up to the girl to see how far she could go.

Author's Note:

This is the final chapter that I'll be uploading for this year. We'll continue this story in the new year, so be excited, especially cause Twilight now has her own bey. Happy Holidays to all.