• Published 7th Nov 2022
  • 347 Views, 7 Comments

A Draconic Sparkle Love - Mystic Sunrise



When your girlfriend can have six heads, it makes dating and marriage weird. Twilight and Pearl don't care.

  • ...
42
 7
 347

Gunpla Building Fun

Having watched Pearl build kits over the years, Twilight had a sense of the steps involved as she snipped out pieces C1 16, PC 4, A2 46, and A2 47 for the body. They went together easily.

But when she tried to add the combined pieces to the front, she could see how loose they were. There seemed no way they could stay together once assembled, as she started on the back.

To her surprise, once the front and back clicked together, everything held together. The bottom was still loose, but it wasn’t like Twilight was going to play with it.

“Is it supposed to be that loose?” Pony Pearl whispered as Twilight struggled mightly to get sticker 8 on correctly. She knew this pain all too well.

Human Pearl shrugged. “I don’t know. I never built this one. Should be fine though. Unless she plays with it a lot when you get back to Equestria.”

Twilight tuned them both out as she finally got the darn sticker aligned correctly. No wonder these drove Pearl mad all the time. Every other body piece came together easily at least.

Now came the head, and the big choice Twilight had to make. Did she want… whatever the EXAM System active was? She could only guess that’s what the box art showed.

Looking at the marking sticker sheet, she could also see just how much work was needed to make this look as accurate as possible. Just what she loved then.

And as she looked over the normal sticker sheet, Twilight knew what she wanted out of this, as she began to assemble the head. The muzzle attachment to the backpiece was simple enough.

But as she tried to attach sticker 5 to the eyepiece, no matter how hard she tried, she just could not get the darn thing to line up. Again and again, Twilight almost had the sticker aligned correctly.

But even as she removed her fingers, the sticker moved. She grit her teeth, however. She would not be beaten by something like this. Her pride as a princess of Equestria would not allow it.

Finally, though, the eye sticker went on, and Twilight breathed an audible sigh of relief, before adding the back and front headpieces, along with the front and back camera stickers.

As she added the v-fin, Twilight could begin to understand why Pearl always lost herself in this. There was something soothing about seeing a model come together, piece by piece.

From the corner of her eyes, Twilight caught Pearl smiling, and it made her feel even better, even as she started on the right arm. This would be worth it in the end, she swore.


“You’re going to add every single one of those stickers?” Pony Pearl groaned as Twilight added another one to the left arm.

Twilight gave her a look. “What of it, Pearl? I refuse to leave anything half done. Especially this.”

Pony Pearl snorted. “Yeah? Look how much trouble you had getting the v-fin to look good. It’s a miracle you didn’t break it, and we don’t have an extra lying around either.”

Twilight frowned as she added the last sticker to the forearm. “Don’t take that tone with me, Pearl Rose. I can stop this right now, and we can call it a day. Your choice.”

Pony Pearl winced, as her sister rolled her eyes. This had been going on for almost an hour now. While she admired Twilight’s dedication, even she thought this seemed a bit much.

Twilight now turned her attention to the weapons for the Gundam. The 100mm Machine Gun seemed woefully out of place on a futuristic mech such as this, but what did she know? It went together easily enough at least, as did the Beam Rifle.

Now came the part that Twilight had dreaded since she had started, as she began to sub-assemble the 180mm Cannon. Did she want it in the Weapon Container or not?

Yes, the Shield could theoretically hold it up with the bipod deployed, but it did not look very stable, and Twilight did not want to risk damaging any of her kit by accident.

Once she had sub-assemblies, a, b, c, and d, put together, she quickly moved on to the Weapon Container. With a little bit of wiggling, Twilight was able to fit all the pieces together.

Now came the hard part, she gulped, as she snipped out the weapon rack and extra ammo pieces. The ammo fit on easily enough, and the weapon rack fit nicely inside as it was now.

But would it fit with everything on it? Praying that this was not a mistake, Twilight slowly added each sub-assembly to the weapon rack. When all were on, she carefully slid it into the container.

To her immense relief, and an audible sigh of relief from both Pearls, it all fit snugly inside. Closing the hatches, Twilight was also relieved to see it all fit together rather nicely.

Human Pearl smirked as the princess quickly went to work on the hands. “See? No problem. You need to relax, princess. You make Twi look normal like this.”

Twilight bit back a retort. Oh, how she hated when people compared her and Twi like that, as the two of them shared an annoyed look. Something that went all the way back to the Friendship Games, and it still irked both of them to no end

For all they had in common, they were very different in a lot of ways. Something Twilight had told Twi when the girl had broken down in tears when she’d compared all she’d done to what the princess had.

Twilight had never thought she’d need to comfort herself, but she’d held the girl for as long as she needed, letting her get all of her emotions out, before gently but firmly reminding her that they were not the same person, no matter what they looked like, and that comparing herself to the princess was not fair to either of them.

It had only seemed to click after the mess at Camp Everfree though, but once the Rainbooms had finally visited Equestria during Spring Break, they were able to chat and get along as though nothing was amiss.

Much to Sunset’s annoyance, it must be said, but neither Twilight nor Twi really cared. And Twi was more than happy to remind Sunset of that every chance she got. Part of her was still sore about her treatment during the Friendship Games. Maybe it was Midnight Sparkle exerting what influence Twi let her have. She wasn't sure.

With the hands finished, with the left holding the Machine Gun and the right the Beam Rifle, Twilight allowed herself to smile for real. This was fun, now that she was deep into it.


“We’ll be here all damn day, Twilight, if you keep this up,” Pony Pearl hissed, not bothering to hide her mounting annoyance at just how much detail Twilight was putting into this.

Twilight shot her a scathing look, as she attached the finished right leg to the already-finished waist unit. “Do not start with me, Pearl. You know how I am. You signed up for this. Take it or leave it.”

Pony Pearl snorted, a small cloud of gas escaping before quickly being sucked back into her mouth. Maybe, but this was driving both her and her green head insane. It was just one damn model for Celestia's sake!

Human Pearl, meanwhile, only giggled. She knew this feeling all too well as Twi pulled her close. She couldn’t count the number of times Twi did this same damn thing with something from school, and how much it drove her mad with the amount of detail she seemed to put into it.

It was part of why she loved her. But gods, could it be infuriating some days. Sis was beginning to see it as well. “I like it. Looks a lot better with all of the marking stickers on anyway.”

Pony Pearl shot her a scathing look. “You are not helping.”

Human Pearl and Twilight both giggled, leaving Pony Pearl red in the face. Twilight did admit that the Gundam looked much better with the stickers on, as the left leg began to come together.

Pony did her best to calm down. She did want this, and Twily’s Gundam was looking amazing with each passing moment. Oh, why did she have to fall for a neurotic mare again?

‘You know why’ came the voice of her blue head in her mind. ‘This had nothing to do with that dream. You’ve wanted this for as long as you’ve known her. Damn the differences.’

She smiled. That was true, she guessed. She had always wanted this. Maybe even back before she and Twilight had even personally known each other, she wasn’t sure.

So she would shut up, and deal with this headache. For both of them. For everything they wanted to create together. Now and for all time.

Several minutes later, and with a bit of fiddling to get it into the socket on the waist, Twilight smiled widely as she set the Gundam down. She was glad she had added the marking stickers before she attached the leg though. With it all together, there was not a lot of room to work.

Human Pearl sighed in relief. “See? Wasn’t that bad, was it? Took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it looks great. Especially for a complete newbie.”

Twilight blushed. “Thanks, and it was fun to do. I can see why so many people do these. Even though I probably will not do another one myself.”

Pony Pearl nodded, as she pulled Twily close. She wasn’t surprised by that if she was being honest. “It went a lot better than mine did, that’s for sure.”

Twilight giggled, booping her nose. “I seem to remember all of us having to calm you down before you exploded more than once, Pearl.”

Pony Pearl pouted, earning a laugh from everyone.


Kohaku chuckled as he stood at the entrance to the living room of his best friend. Walking in he saw how frustrated Pony Pearl had been at Twilight’s attempt to put together her Gundam model.

“OH hey there. Things finally okay with my sister-in-law?” Twi turned her look over at Kohaku who nodded.

“Yeah, things are going okay. Your brother said hello and wants you to visit more often.”

“Is that why you're here? To deliver my brother's desire for me to visit more? You know how demanding my job at the school is.”

“Yes, I know.” Taking a sniff he blinked and walked over to Twi who blinked and leaned back. Everyone else finally took notice.

“What are you doing?” Both Pearls blinked and asked in unison as Kohaku was almost nose-to-nose with his wife’s aunt.

“Pearl. I’ll tell Riko to expect Twi tomorrow at her clinic.”

“Will everyone stop suggesting I need to see a doctor? I’m just tired from overwork.” Twi huffed as Kohaku placed a wrapped gift on the table.

“That may be, but you are also pregnant.” Kohaku sighed as he wiped out his phone and started to dial as he walked out. As everyone looked on with wide-eyed shock.

Twi finally found her voice. “I’m what?!”


“So this is what Twilighting looks like,” Twilight said with concern as she watched Twi breathe heavily into a paper bag, her eyes twitching uncontrollably.

Pony Pearl rolled her eyes. “Oh no. You are much worse. A lot better than you used to be at least.”

Twi groaned as she shot them a look. “Very funny. Oh, how I hate that term and Pinkie Pie coming up with it. But I can’t be pregnant. It cannot be that easy! We only used it once.”

Human Pearl pinched her nose. “Who has the better nose around here? You or Kohaku? As much as he loves a good prank or a joke, he would never joke about something like this.” With a sigh, she sunk a little bit into her chair. “And we kinda used it more than you think, or rather I used it.”

Twi shot her a look. “Regardless, Riko said there was no guarantee it would work. This has got to be some kind of joke you’re all in on.”

Human Pearl just smirked and poked her wife. “Well, it’s not, Twi. And we’re going first thing in the morning, whether you like it or not. Even if I have to have you dragged kicking and screaming to Riko’s clinic.”

Pony Pearl sighed. “I’ll help. Guess all the fun stuff is off then?”

Human Pearl nodded glumly. “As of now? Yeah. I am not missing out on this, and someone needs to calm this knucklehead down when we get big news.”

Twi slumped in defeat. She knew it was pointless to argue with Pearl when she had her mind set on something. It was part of why she loved her, but what also drove her up a wall.

Twilight tapped her chin. “Not to intrude, but just how would you be pregnant? I know there are several ways to do so in this world, but it cannot be that simple.”

Twi nodded. “It isn’t. There was no way we were going to get men involved in this, so that removed most avenues of success. But there was one way…”

Human Pearl nodded. “I had to do a bit of convincing, but Riko gave us an old family spell from her library. It cuts out any male involvement and would give us children that were truly our own. Helps that I’ve been friends with the family my whole life, and know better than to abuse that trust.”

Twilight and Pony Pearl looked at each other. The thought had begun to cross their minds as well, to one day have children of their own, and this offered a chance for that. But…

Twi saw the hesitation and raised an eyebrow. “What is it? I know Equestria has Kohaku and his family. How you survive it, I have no idea. One is bad enough, and that’s in human form. It's even worse when they're in their natural form, or gods forbid, mad. At you or not."

Twilight nodded, holding Pearl’s hands. “Yes. But they are all ascended kitsunes, and there are many places each of them could be. Not just in Equestria, but across the world as well.”

Pony Pearl nodded. “And even if we went looking, there’s no guarantee our Riko would show herself to us. We met Mitsuko last night, or she came looking for us. I’m not really sure. As for our Kohaku, I’m sure he knows where they all are. But until he’s fully recovered, I’m not opening that can of worms.”

“Mating season?” Human Pearl smirked quirking an eyebrow when her pony self shook her head. She knew what he was like during that time. It had scared her that very first time.

“He and Sweetie Belle broke up.” Pony Pearl’s white ring flashed violently as her voice changed as her fists clenched. “If that prissy two-timing little bitch shows herself around me….”

“Pearl,” Twilight warned as she placed her hand on her Pearl’s bringing her back. The white ring shimmered back to a dull glimmer only for the blue to shimmer brighter.

“I am sorry love,” Pony Pearl’s head nodded slowly as she leaned into Twilight.

Twi and Human Pearl giggled together. “I certainly don’t miss those mood swings.”

“How do you handle it?” Pony Pearl smirked up at her counterpart.

Twi and Pearl looked at each other before chuckling. The two spent the next hour or two telling pony Pearl the pains they had together as Kohaku went from best friend to beloved brother figure. “It’s why I was so disgusted when you suggested I had kits with him. The Idea of doing that to someone I consider family. Way more than him being a boy."

Raising her hands Pony Pearl laughed. “Nuff said.”

“Seems like you two are sharing that same relationship.”

“Starting too. Not that I want it mind you,” Pony Pearl huffed.

“Said the girl who slept maybe all of ten minutes during the six months he was gone because she was so worried.” Twilight playfully poked Pearl who grumbled as Twi and her Pearl laughed with Twilight.

When her laughter died down Twi looked outside the window. “Wow, it’s that late already?”

“I guess we should get to bed. Twi’s a pain in the ass to get up early in the morning.”

“OH don’t I know it. My Twilight is just as bad,” giggled Pearl with her Human counterpart as they walked out of the room.

“We are not!!” Twi and Twilight called as they chased after their respective Pearls.

Author's Note:

So this is the RX-79[G]GUCT Gundam Ground Urban Combat Type that Twilight built. I just built it myself. A fun build I think.