• Published 13th Nov 2022
  • 666 Views, 32 Comments

The Sky is Gone: Epiphany - Fluttercheer



I am Silverstream and I am meant to suffer. The stars, the sun and the moon are gone, just like my friends. I can only keep searching, but they will be taken from me again. I record my suffering with my mobile phone. All I want is being remembered.

  • ...
10
 32
 666

Chapters Next
The Awakening of Darkness (Prologue)

.
You didn't pray. But if you did, then not enough of you sent their prayers.


The Eternal Darkness is here. What I feared, what I saw coming, but hoped wouldn't happen, has arrived. And it struck us just as unexpected as the prophecy has told. I somehow survived. But the world... the world didn't.
This is a cataclysm. I don't know if anyone else survived and if anyone will read this. But if you do, if there is anyone left but myself and reads this record, you now find yourself in a world of unspeakable horrors.
I only know little. I survived by unknown means, I cannot tell what has spared me and why. But from what I have seen so far, I am the only one. If you find this record, which would mean I am gone, then you are on your own. But this will be for the best. Sneaking and not drawing attention to yourself, using the shadows to your advantage, is what I found has worked the most to escape the clutches of the evil that has now taken hold of our world. Being in company, even with just one other pony, attracts their attention easier than a single soul all on their own does. Even if you feel lonely, don't search for other survivors. You will be safer this way.
The streets are littered with monsters. If you came this far, you have met some of them by now. They are... It is impossible to give them names, even for a scholar like me. They come in many forms. It is never the same. I have seen those that look like walking forks. But there is flesh in them, too, a fusion of metal and flesh like no god would ever create it. No god that is sane. But sanity has left our world, as you will soon discover and realize, if you haven't already.
They are governed by something. Controlled by a force that I cannot name. This new world they created is not entirely without system. There are structures, but it's difficult to see them. Maybe impossible to figure out and understand the dark hierarchy that now rules over our world. You would have to become like them to understand it. But you don't want to, trust me. These monsters are the downfall of sanity, the death of every sense, of every principle that ever existed. You could become like them or you might die, but death would be the better choice.
If I destroyed them all, if I had the power, what would happen? I am unable to do this, I do not have the powers necessary for this feat. But if I had, would that make the world normal again? Would everything become like it once was? I cannot tell. And I do not yet know if their hierarchy can be broken.
They are out there, looking for me. I have created myself a safe place, using the arcane means the library of Canterlot provides, a place that even they and their dark master cannot enter. But I am not certain that it will hold, that their access will be blocked forever.
There is something imprisoned in the clock tower. Do not free it. It has been there since before all of this started, the secret of this city, that only I and the princesses knew about. The princesses are gone now, even the Princess of the Night, our last, remaining ruler, had to succumb to this darkness that is far greater than what the depths of her plagued soul ever contained. Now only I am left to warn about this creature. It can't make this world of infinite horrors worse, but if you meet it without its chains, you will not survive. Heed my warning, do not try to control what cannot control itself.
This city is forsaken. A being made of rotten flesh observes everything. It watches all of your steps and yet somehow never attacks. It does not have the means to, but others do. Watch out and be always prepared. Carry a weapon, keep a light to yourself and be ready to run at any moment. This is the only chance to survive. I wish I could tell you about a safer place, but for all I know, every other place in the world has become just as horrifying and tainted as this one. Pray, if you must, but do not rely on your prayers. Use your instincts and the tools you have available. Only then, you may survive.
For what, I do not know. I don't know if there is a chance that our world will ever be the same again, if there is anything that can reverse the actions of the unholy spirit that has become unleashed upon it. Perhaps she is up there, somewhere deep inside this unfathomable darkness, where the celestial bodies once resided. I cannot go there and I am scared of the possibilities what I might find if I could. Our world has fallen prey to darkness, but who can tell what sits within the center of its power?
I won't give up. If there is a way to stop the insanity that strangles our world now, I will fight until I discover it or until I am dead. If you find my records, please use them and continue where I failed.


Believe in the light.



Comet Tail, Astronomer and Historian, 1038 ANM

Chapters Next