• Published 22nd May 2023
  • 505 Views, 3 Comments

EQG Series Finale (new) - Part 2/2 - EverythingGuy



The second half on my take on the cancelled Equestria Girls finale

  • ...
0
 3
 505

Encounter

Out on the highway just outside the city, Flash and Comet were driving away from it, heading in the general direction of their destination. They had been discussing how to approach the two people they had to speak with for the past hour, since this would no doubt be quite the personal and sensitive topic for them.

“You know, there’s no way they’re gonna believe us about any of this other dimension baloney.” Comet said with a look of dread.

“I know I wouldn’t if I was in their shoes.” Flash agreed grimly. “But we have to try.”

“And if they want nothing to do with us?”

“Which probably will happen. We’ll just leave them alone and have to come up with something else.”

At that moment, a black suspicious looking vehicle passed them going the other way. Then a few minutes later it was behind them. The boys looked at each other in terror. They knew a government vehicle when they saw one. “You don’t think -“ Comet said quietly.

Flash pulled over to the side and stopped. The black car stopped behind them, and the agent driving it stepped out. She came up to the front window, and the boys could see she had dark reddish skin, lighter red hair, and an emotionless expression. Flash rolled down his window. “Can we help you?”

"Good day, boys.” said the woman. “I'm Agent Tempest Shadow of the National Security Agency. We received a call from Canterlot city about unusual and mysterious activity happening. Do you know anything about this?”

The boys shared a very quick nervous look. “N-no, ma’am.” Flash stuttered, keeping his composure as best he could.

Agent Shadow gave them an intimidating look. “Do not lie to me. This could be a national security threat. What are your names?”

Flash took a deep breath. “Right, sorry. I’m Flash Sentry and this is Comet Tail. We have heard about this ‘activity’, but we always thought it was just crazy people making up crazy stuff online. People do that all the time.”

“Very true.” Agent Shadow proceeded to note all of this, but then she looked at Flash again with recognition. “Wait, Flash Sentry?” He nodded. “Step out please.”

Flash did as she requested, briefly turning to Comet and whispering “Don’t panic.” Agent Shadow led him to the front of her car.

“Mr. Sentry, we got your call. Whatever you and your friend know, I need to know now. And don’t try to trick me, I’ve dealt with many people who were professional liars.”

Flash was about to answer but then realized what the agent had said “Wait, what? I didn’t call you. I didn’t call anyone.” He was beyond confused. He Comet and the others had discussed beforehand about the government. This was not good.

The agent’s face hardened “So this doesn’t ring a bell?” She pulled out a recorder from her car and hit play.

Flash heard a voice to describe the girls as dangerous and a threat, empathizing Twilight and Sunset as the most “evil”. And then whoever it was called themselves by his name. Flash was clenching his fists by the end of it. He had heard of prank phone calls, but this was the next level. He regained his composure and faced Tempest again “No. That’s not me. I didn't make that call.”

Tempest played the recording again, looking back and forth between Flash and her recorder. Her face softened. “My sincere apologies, Mr. Sentry. It seems you’re a victim of a misunderstanding.”

Flash was rather surprised that the agent was taking it this smoothly. Comet was even more surprised. “Wow, that was a lot easier than I thought.” He said from the passenger seat, looking back. “Usually, the agents don’t believe anyth-“

“He’s watched several movies where this situation goes badly.” Flash cut in with a quick sideways look that Comet understood. He stopped talking and returned to his seat.

“Don’t worry” Tempest chuckled. “I actually get that a lot.”

“So wait, you believe that wasn’t me? Because I’m being serious, that wasn’t me who called you.”

“Yes I do, Flash. You’re free to go.”

“Thank you, Agent Shadow. Hold on, can I hear that call one more time?” Tempest nodded and played it again.

Flash listened closely. Something about the voice on the recording sounded familiar to him, but he couldn’t quite place it. When he explained this to the agent, she asked how often he had left the city throughout his life.

“Only a few times a year. Usually just to visit my dad at where he works. Why?”

“Any people from there or here who don’t particularly like you?”

“Not really. Why do you ask?”

“Because whoever called must be someone from Canterlot who has some kind of issue with you. Do not worry, whoever it is I will make sure he or she answers for this.” Tempest opened her car door and was about to get back in when Flash spoke up again.

“Agent Shadow?” She stopped and faced him “Those girls whoever called you talks about, I know them. They do have special abilities but they’re not dangerous, at least not on purpose. That’s the best I can say. Please don’t judge them too quickly.”

“I’m glad you told me, Flash. Thank you.” She returned to her driver seat and left, getting onto another road going back toward the city.

Flash returned to his own car, where Comet instantly on him “Dude, what the heck in the world was that?”

“Someone called the NSA pretending to be me, and calling the Rainbooms a threat to national security. But who would do that? And why?”

“Maybe someone who has beef with you.”

“Like who?”

“No idea.”

“We’ll find that out later, Comet. Right now we need to hurry.” They got back on the road and continued on their way. “But we need to warn Moondancer and the group!”

“Way ahead of you.” Comet quickly texted their group chat “NSA AGENT INCOMING!”

——————————————————————————————————————————

Back in the city, everyone received it.

“Seriously? It’s only been an hour. Is this a practice alarm or something?” came Micro Chips’ reply.

Comet clarified this was not a joke and explained the situation. After sending the text, he then turned to Flash “Hey, do you think maybe-“

“Don’t. Even. Say it.” said Flash curtly. “HE can’t be behind it. There’s just no way.”

——————————————————————————————————————————

“Hello Officer Armor. Agent Tempest Shadow. National Security Agency.”

“Greetings Agent Shadow. Welcome to Canterlot. What can we do for you?”