• Published 22nd May 2023
  • 505 Views, 3 Comments

EQG Series Finale (new) - Part 2/2 - EverythingGuy



The second half on my take on the cancelled Equestria Girls finale

  • ...
0
 3
 505

Discussion

When Flash had first transferred to Hayton Central, he was in the mindset that it was best for not just him, but also his friends and family. His unrequited crush had consumed part of his life to such an extent that it was effecting his time away from school. Not to mention that everyone else at CHS seemed to not care about his band all that much anymore, since they all loved the Rainbooms and their magic powers so much. So since there was nothing really positive keeping him there, leaving sounded like the best solution.

However, the guitar player’s sudden absence hadn't gone as completely unnoticed as he believed. The first full week of the second semester, several kids who had always enjoyed watching him play started to notice he hadn't been showing up too much lately and began to wonder where he was. Even though the Rainbooms were amazing, Flash and his band were still good and they couldn't just forget about them. Several other students also took notice. Octavia and Vinyl Scratch, who had occasionally done behind the scenes partnerships with Flash’s band and received music records from the guitar player, missed having him around. They were rather fond of the nice boy. Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie Drops AKA Bon Bon, who sometimes hung out with Flash and his little group, also noticed the lack of one of their companions.

Of course, the only ones who knew the full story were First Base, Derpy, Sandalwood, and Micro. Lots of the popular students started to bombard them with questions about Flash’s whereabouts, all of which they either gave vague non-answers to or just completely ignored. Luckily, Base tended to not run into them much, if at all, since he was still in the middle part of the school. Except for one particular student around his age who was especially upset about it.

This started a gossip chain, until it was revealed, after Moondancer met the Rainbooms and later introduced her friends to them, that Flash had gone to HC. The only thing that stopped everyone from sending tons of messages to him asking him to come back was Flash blocking all of his contacts from CHS, except for a select few. Well actually, they still sent him the messages, but he never saw them. The only thing that kept Base from starting a fight with them was Flash’s talks with him. He did however, squabble with the student his age who was the most upset because they hadn't told her. Once it had even led to a full out physical brawl, which earned them both serious lectures and temporary groundings.

—————————————————————————————————————————

The Rainbooms were at Applejack’s barnhouse discussing some recent events.

“Did you see how she flinched when Twilight said Timber's name?” asked Rainbow. “It was like she knew him.”

“She’s hiding something.” Pinkie declared. “They all are. And we need to find out what!”

Twilight meanwhile was laying out on the hay bails, feeling very all-over-the-place. She had broken up with her first boyfriend, she had met the first other person she knew who was as enthusiastic about science as she was, and now not only did her new scientist friend have connections to someone who had liked her pony counterpart since her brother was his best friend, but apparently they knew something about Timber that she didn’t, and that unsettled her. She had no idea what to do about it.

Just then there was a knock on the barn doors. Applejack opened the right door to reveal their school’s self proclaimed “Great and Powerful” magician, Trixie Lulamoon.

“What do YOU want?” The farmgirl asked annoyed.

"I need to talk to you."

“Well, we don’t need to talk to you.” snapped Rainbow.

“This is important.”

“What we’re talking about is important.” retorted Rarity.

“This one’s a little more your thing.”

“I don’t think so.” Applejack almost shut the door, but Sunset gave her a look. As annoying as Trixie was, she had helped her during the memory stone incident. Applejack sighed, opened the door again letting Trixie in, and shut it again.

“What’s up, Trixie?” asked Pinkie cheerfully.

“Earlier today, I was walking through town, just getting some scenes, when I came across the bailed guitar player and his new gang from that tiny weird school. And they all seemed so preoccupied that I just couldn’t ignore, so I snuck close to them and-“

Twilight jumped up. “Bailed? Flash didn’t bail on anything. He just transferred to another school.” She exclaimed angrily. The other girls all looked at her weirdly. After a few seconds, she sat back down feeling slightly embarrassed. She had done it again.

"You know, I bumped into him and those twins a month back and the smart one said my magic was phony! And the other called it a waste of time! Can you believe it?!"

“Uh, yeah.” Rainbow said bluntly. The rest of the band just nodded, making Trixie go red in the face.

"Um anyway, you were saying?" said Fluttershy meekly.

Trixie recomposed herself “Right, right. Sunset, have you ever worn eyeshadow?”

Sunset’s face went blank at the magician’s bizarre question. “No, I don’t think I have.”

"Take a look at this." She held out her phone for them to see.

The Rainbooms watched the Hayton/CHS mixed group’s entire conversation, and by the end they each had a different reaction. Pinkie and Fluttershy were sniffling, AJ Rainbow and Rarity were frowning, Sunset looked guilty, and Twilight had an unreadable expression.

“You spied on a private conversation??” Rarity finally broke the silence.

“Says the biggest gossiper in the school.” Trixie retorted smugly.

“That’s different!” She spluttered.

Trixie rewinded the video she took, stopped at the point where Flash was holding the paper out, and zoomed in on it as much as she could. “You’ve never worn any of this stuff?” She asked the fiery haired girl again, who shook her head “Then who is THAT?”

Sunset looked closely. The girl in the middle of the photo clearly resembled her almost perfectly expect for the eyeshadow and dark colored clothes, and the girl to her left did indeed look nearly exactly like Starlight Glimmer, but the boy on the right was on the far edge of Trixie’s shot and couldn’t be seen fully except for his hand and the edge of his head. His skin and hair colors did feel familiar to her though, but she couldn’t quite place it. She did however have an idea who the other two were. “I think I know.”

“And what are THEY doing with that picture?”

“Good question.” Twilight narrowed her eyes at Flash and Comet on Trixie’s phone “What are you two up to?”