• Published 24th Oct 2023
  • 1,373 Views, 122 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: Make Your Mark - Season 3 - BronySonicFan



After the incident in the Starfall Islands, the Mobians and the Mane 6 decides to track down and stop Dr. Eggman and Opaline before they can take over their worlds.

  • ...
4
 122
 1,373

Prologue

"I'm not sure what happened, but I know what I saw: a love that transcended time" Sunny said. "I believe in that power" she replied.

"I always though that all those things were just fairy tales, but... after what I saw today, I believe is real" Hitch confessed.

"When this is over..." Sunny started to speak again. "I want to share that love with the world" she confessed with a weak smile, before looking at Hitch a bit sad. "Even though... it may take us apart" she added.

Hitch couldn't do anything but smile weakly, while his animal crew and Sparky decided to approach Sunny and hug her.

Sonic saw the scene and smiled, then kneeled so he could face both Sunny and Hitch properly. "I know you'll do great, Sunny" he told her with a confident smile. "We want to hear all about it when you come back. Right, sheriff?" he told Hitch with a smirk and a wink.

Getting the message, Hitch smiled back and looked at Sunny. "Right" he told her.


"... Ages ago, my people were wiped out by a cataclysm" Knuckles started to tell, while Sonic payed close attention, while Izzy decided to join by sitting at Knuckles' other side. "I know the Koco faced something similar. Yet, they still had each other, one way or another. But still, it reminds me I'm the last echidna... That I'm alone..." he said with sadness.

"Knuckie..." Izzy muttered with worry.

"You may be the last echidna, but you're not alone" Sonic said with a smile as well. "You've got us, knucklehead!" he added, pointing at himself, but also talking about the rest of their friends.

"You see? Sonic gets it!" Izzy said cheerfully.

"I'll admit, Sonic, I do envy your lifestyle" Knuckles confessed with an honest smile. "Freedom to go where you want, when you want. You respond to no one, and you always do what you like without a care about second opinions" he pointed out.

Sonic smirked proudly before extending his arms in the air. "So do it!" he told him. "Get out there, and live a little. I'm pretty sure Hitch won't mind if you choose to take a little vacation to go and feel alive" he assured to him.

"Oh, that actually sounds like fun!" Izzy said cheerfully. "Just think about, Knux: you and me, traveling around and having all kind of crazy adventures? It would be the best of the best!" she said excited. "We could have a blast by living and learning all over Equestria!" she declared with a smile.

"Hmm... Maybe we could..." Knuckles said, closing his eyes...


"When this is all over... I think I need to go it alone for a while. I can't grow into my full potential if I always fall back on you!" he pointed out.

Sonic felt surprised by the sudden news, since he didn't expected Tails to grew that fast, but he still smiled proudly anyway.

"I-If that's okay!" Tails said nervously.

Sonic chuckled and walked over near him as he closed his eyes. "You're free to go your own way" he said with a relaxed tone and his arms crossed, before separating them and look at Tails with a sad look. "It's going to take some getting used to, but... here's to you reaching new heights--partner" he finished, now smiling brightly and extending his hand.

Tails looked at his hand confused at first, but then he smiled and extended his hand as well. However, because of the Cyber Space effect on Tails, their hand passed through each others.

They stared at their hands, then they looked at each other for a few seconds... before pulling their hands away and burst out laughing at the sudden move.


"Sunny's gonna be traveling around Equestria, Knuckles and Izzy are going on their own adventure, Tails wants to fly alone for a while, Zipp wants to go with him... and I'm still here..." Pipp said with concern.

"Little Pipp, we might be separating for a while from our friends... but it won't be forever" Sonic reminded her. "We'll met with them again one day. And, if being left behind is what's bothering you... then why don't we go on our own as well?" he suggested to her.

Pipp looked at him with a little sparkle on her eyes. "R-Really?" she asked with a little smile.

"Have I ever failed you, my pegasus angel?" Sonic asked rhetorically with a flirty tone.

Pipp giggled and blushed a bit at the nickname, also placing a hoof on her mouth. "Sounds good. But where do we go?" she asked.

"Wherever we want!" Sonic replied with a smile. "It can be to the mountains to appreciate the amazing view of Equestria, or the snowiest place ever to play with the snow... You just tell me where, and I'll take you there for granted!" he stated with confidence.

"You really are a Blue Prince, Sir Hedgehog" Pipp said on a flirty tone.

"I think the proper title is 'Knight of the Wind', Princess Petals" Sonic replied on a flirty tone as well.

For some reason, that made Pipp burst out laughing, and Sonic joined in as well.


Sonic was staring at the distance, as he sat in the top of a hill in a random place.

He could see the buildings of Zephyr Heights from where he was sitting, but he was actually staring at the sun hiding in the horizon, thinking about all the things his friends could be doing after they all went on their separate ways 6 months ago.

He kept contact with Tails, and he was glad to hear that both him and Zipp were making a big progress. Apparently, Zipp found a weird energy on a hidden cave near Bridlewood, and while they were investigating, Eggman attacked, but tails managed to take him down without any problems. They also discovered that the energy was from the Yellow Chaos Emerald, since it was hidden there.

Tails also specified that Eggman wasn't there at all, that it was just a decoy, which didn't surprised Sonic at all, specially since he attacked him and Pipp as well a few times these past few months, and it was always a decoy.

He was also in contact with Knuckles and Izzy. The echidna decided to go the treasure hunter route again, and Izzy tagged along him. So far, they only found two Chaos Emeralds (the Red one and Purple one), more crystals that looked like the ones from Bridlewood, and a strange silver/metallic liquid on a cave that they both decided to ignore.

As for Sunny, he heard that she's been solving some problems regarding friendship around the three towns of Equestria, which meant that her mission of expanding love and friendship was going well so far.

Hitch was still in Maretime Bay being the Sheriff and taking care of Sparky, even though he's been worried about both Knuckles and Sunny, but he's keeping his cool as much as he can.

Amy was running Mane Melody in Pipp's absence, and since she's been publishing pictures along Jazz and Rocky on Mane Melody's ponygram page, everything seemed to work well so far, so Pipp was calmed in the aspect of how things were going in Mane Melody.

Team Dark was trying to track down Eggman's new hidden lab to stop him for good already. They've been in that mission ever since Sonic and company came back from the Starfall Islands, but the Team hasn't shared anything new for the past month. Hopefully they were fine...

Misty still seemed to be trying to find a way to tear down Opaline's new barrier so they can access her castle again and defeat her for good, but so far, the unicorn had no luck.

The Unity Crystals have been under Hitch's, Misty's and Amy's watch with everyone else's absence, and since there was no magical glitches, nor any other sign of the Crystals being stolen, it was sure to say that Eggman and Opaline haven't approached the Crystals.

And even if they have, Amy's hammer, Sparky's magic dragon fire, Hitch's earth pony magic and Misty's magic were enough to keep them away, so everything was good so far.

As for Sonic and Pipp, he decided to take his girlfriend wherever she wanted, just like he promised.

They explored the mountains, met with a group of ponies in the dessert, found the Blue Chaos Emerald on a beautiful hidden lake near an abandoned place called Baltimare, and had a couple of dates in Zephyr Heights, because Pipp wanted to visit her Mom.

Now, they were putting on the camp outside of Canterlot, because they came to visit Discord, but now they were ready to make their trip back to Maretime Bay...

Well, Pipp was ready, because she just finished building up the fire for the camp, while Sonic stared at the horizon, thinking about how everyone else would be doing.

He was staring alone at the view for a while, until Pipp noticed his lost sight in the sunset, so she decided to approach him

"... It's something bugging you?" Pipp asked, as she sat at his side and rested her head on his shoulder.

Sonic kissed her forehead, placed an arm around her and nodded at her question, before looking back at the horizon. "It's been 6 months since we last saw our friends..." he pointed out to her a bit concerned. "I guess I'm just a bit nervous, just as much as excited, to see them again..." he confessed. "Are you sure that everyone is coming back to the Brighthouse?" he asked her.

"Yup!" Pipp replied with a cocky smirk.

"And are you absolutely sure that our friends are going?" Sonic asked, now a bit anxiously.

"Yeah, they all are––" Pipp tried to reply with a smile.

"Everyone?!" Sonic asked again, now more desperate.

"... Well, Team Dark and Sunny haven't replied, but they did got the message!" Pipp assured with a smile. "It shouldn't take long for them to reply" she added, but Sonic's anxious expression didn't changed. "Blue Star, what's the matter?" she asked, now concerned for her boyfriend.

Sonic only sighed and looked at her. "I guess... I guess I'm just afraid of how different things are gonna be now that we've been apart for a while..." he confessed with concern. "Also, after what happened in the Starfall Islands... I haven't been the same guy..." he pointed out.

"Is this because of Eggman and... Sage?" Pipp dared to ask.

That seemed to hit a soft spot, because even if it's been six months, Sonic still blames himself for what happened to Sage, so he simply nodded at her question.

Pipp sighed and kissed his cheek with a little smile. "Blue Star, I promised you that everything will be fine, and I'm planning to keep that promise!" she stated with a determinate look. "For a first: how about I cook dinner tonight so you can rest your worries, huh?" she asked in a flirty tone.

This actually made Sonic smile, as he looked at Pipp with a seductive look, approaching to her face and looking at her eyes with adoration. "Now you got my attention, Princess~ What are you cooking, if I may ask?" he questioned.

Pipp's face went really red at that, but she still grinned and looked back at him with the same adoring look. "Oh, I'm very sorry, sir. But if you want to know, you'll have to wait until it's ready~" she replied, nuzzling her nose with his.

Sonic snorted and kissed her lips, before looking back at her. "Soredewa o mata se shinaide ne~" he told her with a smirk, telling her 'Then don't keep me waiting, my love~' in Japanese.

"Yaranai yo maiburūsutā~" Pipp replied with a loving gaze, 'I won't, my Blue Star~' in Japanese as well.

Yeah, Sonic taught her a bit of the language while they were traveling, so now she could understand some things he said better.

Pipp stood up and returned to the camp, and Sonic decided to do the same, standing up and cleaning a bit of dirt from his body.

However, one last look at the horizon made him notice something standing at the top of one of the buildings that could be seen from Zephyr Heights.

Sonic narrowed his eyes and stared confused at the thing, but then panicked when he saw the same figure that's been haunting him for the past 6 months.

He saw Cyber Sonic, with his entire body corrupted and his fully white eyes staring straight at him.

"Sonic!" Pipp called out from the fire, and that took Sonic out of his shock, as he looked back at her. "If you don't come, I might eat it all~" she sang in a mocking tone.

"Uh... coming!" Sonic replied with a nervous smile.

He looked back at the building in Zephyr Heights, but when he did, the figure was gone.

Sonic sighed relieved, but still looked at the ground with concern, before gazing to the sunset a last time and then going back with his girlfriend.

The truth is that he's been haunted by Cyber Sonic's figure ever since they returned from the Starfall Islands, because he's afraid of loosing control over his actions and hurt those he cares for again.

And yet, he choose not to tell anyone, not even Pipp, because he wanted to believe that it was just a small trauma he could deal with on his own, and that Cyber Sonic's image would eventually leave.

Hopefully, it would leave his mind very soon, because it hasn't happened so far...


Eggman didn't mourned Sage's lost that much.

Since he managed to restore her AI after a week, just with the forgotten memory that she sacrificed herself to defeat The End, he decided to spend his time in other stuff.

That stuff included trying to ambush Team Sonic a few times, and even take the Unity Crystals again, but Amy, Hitch and Misty frustrated that plan, and all his decoys were destroyed easily by Sonic, Knuckles and even Tails, for Eggman's surprise.

Seeing that his new efforts to have fun over Team Sonic were not going anywhere, he decided it was time to implement Plan C: Investigate the mysterious silver/metallic liquid he researched about, back when his first plan that almost succeeded was still in the process.

He read that it was some kind of living substance that could corrupt and control whoever it got over, so he wanted to investigate it.

Now, both Eggman and Sage were investigating on Eggman's computer about a sample of the liquid he found hidden in a cave after he tried to ambush Knuckles and Izzy, but failed.

However, he did found a lake that had a substance with the exact same description he researched about, so he took a sample and went back to his lab to investigate it... And yet, he hasn't found anything alive inside of the sample.

"I guess we'll have to keep looking..." Eggman muttered with a frown. "We cannot allow ourselves to fail this time, Sage... We won't fail!" he assured with a determinate look.

"Yes, father" Sage replied from inside his computer. "I will expand our investigation" she added.

"Thank you, dear" Eggman replied.

He had the liquid's sample encaged in a bottle, right on his desk... but he didn't noticed that it moved just a little, tiny bit...

Author's Note:

Boy, oh boy! I have so much things planned for this Season as well!

We're entering the seventh book of the story, which means that we're even closer to the finale! (again, I can't believe how fast time flies...)

I really hope you guys are ready for this Season, because I know I am! :pinkiehappy:

Also, here's an image to remind you all how Cyber Sonic looks like, or in case you missed it when I updated Frontiers Chapter 14's Author's note: