• Published 17th Oct 2022
  • 255 Views, 12 Comments

Parental Glideance: TLC Timeline - AizakkuHorooee



Aita and Scootaloo come across Rainbow Dash's parents. Afterward however, the map calls Aita to solve a problem between those same parents and the Wonderbolts.

  • ...
 12
 255

Chapter IV

Bow and Windy are lead out of the trophy closet by Scootaloo. She stops when I call her name.

“Scootaloo?”

“Yeah?”

“Why don’t I show them? I think I have something to whip up for them.”

I think of the time Twilight showed Coloratura behind the scenes of Svengallop by showing a projection. Then I think of the time Spitfire broke the news to Rainbow Dash.

You’re still gonna be wearing a Wonderbolts uniform though, right?

A reservist one, yeah.

That’s good enough for me.

In the projection, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo’s conversation is interrupted by the sound of the Wonderbolts over the sky. Spitfire shows Soarin and Fleet Foot Rainbow Dash on the ground and breaks from formation to land in front of her.

Whoa… Scootaloo exclaims.

Rainbow Dash, glad we found you. We need you in the show when we get to Ponyville, FLYING.

But she’s only in the reserves.

Not anymore, kid, Spitfire counters to Scootaloo.

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo gasp. You mean…

Rainbow Dash, you’re finally a full fledged WONDERBOLT!!! Scootaloo proceeds to cheer and dance around in celebration, prompting a chuckle out of Spitfire.

What she said.

The projection finally ends, leaving Bow and Windy open-jawed.

“The Wonderbolts went on tour to Ponyville when one of the members ended up teaching full-time at HQ. So, Rainbow Dash filled that spot since she was on the top of the list,” I explain.

Bow is the first to speak. “...forget how she got in; you just played a movie!”

“Oh that? I just got that from Twilight exposing Svengallop.”

“But you were never at the festival to see her do that!” Oh. Of course Scootaloo was at the Helping Hooves Music Festival. “How were you able to project that?”

“That’s just it. How could an event like that not be documented? And besides, if not seeing that back in my homeworld, Twilight would’ve told me about it. I was just hoping that projection would give you the real deal.”

Bow nods. “Ah, I see what you mean. Scootaloo is all done with her scrapbook though. Need a lift back to Ponyville you two?”

“You’ve got to be kidding. With Aita’s magical ability, I think we’re good. We’ll be at the castle if you want to come around later.”

“Oh we will, Scootaloo,” Windy says. “See you later, okay?”

Scootaloo and I nod yes before I teleport myself and Scootaloo back to my room in the castle.

“So now what, Aita?”

“Well, we still got mine to do. I was so focused on helping you and deciding between projects, I have less than half of what I wanna jot down about Twilight. I haven’t even gotten a single photo of her from the times before she adopted me.”

Suddenly, I hear a strange shimmering sound coming from my DS, then I realize what it is. “Oh no… not this again…” I groan.

“What is it?”

“You’ll see. I was headed there to retrieve my scrapbook anyway.”

“Is that your stylus?!?”

I chase the hologram of my stylus all the way into the throne room, Scootaloo following close behind. When we do enter, Twilight is slack-jawed like I was never called before.

“Twilight! Why is the map calling me again?!? And now of all times?!? I got homework to do before the Grand Galloping Gala!”

“I don’t know, Aita. But look where you’re being called to.”

I look at the map, my destination being… “WBHQ?!? Puh-leez tell me this isn’t about those creeps!”

Twilight tilts her head. “You mean Bow and Windy?”

“Yeah I mean Bow and Windy. They were intrusive about racing gear in my homeworld, and they had a plethora of baby pictures of Rainbow Dash all over the halls.”

“Not sure if this adds anything Aita, but they did have oddly specific trophies and frames in the momento room.”

“Huh, no wonder Rainbow Dash never brought ‘em up,” Twilight remarks. “Well Aita, I really wish I could go with you in case things get uncomfortable, but it seems like the tree of harmony has everything under control. Besides, you have the Wonderbolts when you get there.”

“Yeah, I just know you’ll do great on your own,” Scootaloo agrees.


I carry a near empty saddlebag that only has my DS in it. It’s pretty clear why I bring it: so I know when the problem’s solved. In the skies, I look below me to see where Wonderbolt Headquarters is. In the distance is a cliff that looks promising. There is a runway going down the right side with a small field on the left, and what is probably HQ further on the left.

“Ah, good old Wonderbolts,” I say to myself. “Really too bad there won’t be much of an opportunity to watch the routine.”

When I land, it seems the Wonderbolts are practicing their stunts. In the front is who must be Equestria’s Spitfire. O- there’s Rainbow Dash on the far left of the team.

I watch as they divebomb the cliff and seemingly ricochet off the runway with a shock wave. I quickly make a high jump to at least avoid ground portion, but the wave sends me into a small tailspin.

Spitfire notices me. A changeling?!? Crash! Grab him!

Yes ma’am! yells Rainbow Dash, who zooms toward me and bear hugs me to stop me from spinning. “I got you!”

Rainbow Dash then takes me right back to where I was as the other Wonderbolts gather around.

“Adoptive son of the Princess of Friendship… what’s up Aita?” asks Spitfire. “And where’s Twilight?”

“Yeah, for some reason only I was called by the map. You know the drill though, right?”

“Oh yeah, official friendship business.”

ALRIGHT!!! WAY TO GO RAINBOW DASH!!! WOOHOO!!!

AWESOME DASHIE!!! AMAZING!!! KEEP AITA SAFE!!!

Windy and Bow respectively cheer into megaphones, knocking everyone off guard, including me.

“Okay! Which pony broke protocol and invited guests to our training exercises?!?” Spitfire seems mad now, rightfully so this time.

I rub the back of my head. “...aaand I think that’s our friendship problem.”

Rainbow Dash groans with a hoof over her eyes.