• Published 17th Oct 2022
  • 254 Views, 12 Comments

Parental Glideance: TLC Timeline - AizakkuHorooee



Aita and Scootaloo come across Rainbow Dash's parents. Afterward however, the map calls Aita to solve a problem between those same parents and the Wonderbolts.

  • ...
 12
 254

Chapter I

Uh, hi. It’s been a while. Normally, at this time of day I’d be on my DS playing one of a grand total of three games, either with myself or with Twilight, Spike or Starlight. Unfortunately, for the autumn semester, my school’s opening project is a report on the most inspirational ponies my class has ever known. That means I have to walk away from games for a while as I rally my project up.

Who did I pick? Unfortunately again, there’s more than one I can choose from. I don’t know who to do: Chrysalis or Twilight. I’d consider Twilight, since she is my guardian now among a slew of other things, but who wouldn’t do their family or their guardian? I’d also consider Chrysalis because she’s the one that protected me from that Superintendent Spitfire’s most hurtful comments; she's the one that taught me how to trail.

I’ll probably decide when I get home. For now, I’m helping the Cutie Mark Crusaders set up a runway for Scootaloo to make it to Cloudsdale by life-size grounded slingshot. This runway consists of a ramp, the slingshot itself, and a stake about four yards from the slingshot. In order for Scootaloo to whip up the speed in her scooter, Sweetie Belle and I pull the pad of the rubber band with our magic while Applebloom and Scootaloo push.

Man that stuff’s a doozy to pull. Can you imagine if the Crusaders did that on their own?

“Scootaloo!” Applebloom protests with strain in her voice. “Are you sure this was a good idea?”

“What are you talking about? This is the best idea I’ve ever had!”

“It’s just…”

“I know you wanna tag along Applebloom,” I interrupt, strain in my own voice from using so much force. “but unless Twilight can redo her spell from the Best Young Flier Competition, it’s just Scootaloo going.”

Sweetie Belle and I lift the pad to hook it on the stake.

“I think we’re good,” Scootaloo notes.

Applebloom walks under the rubber band and out of the runway as I put Scootaloo’s saddlebag on her, and Sweetie Belle readies the scooter. “We are? Scootaloo, Ah know you had to go to Cloudsdale to finish your report. I’m just wonderin’ if this was the best way to get there.”

“It’ll be fine. Besides, how else could I get there?”

“I could probably take you there,” I point out. “By levitation and/or teleportation.”

“Huh, that does seem a lot safer. Aita, why don’t you unHOOOOOOOOK…”

The force of the slingshot makes the stake bend in a way that releases the rubber band, thus launching Scootaloo down the runway and on her way to Cloudsdale. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle shriek.

“I’ll go check on her, girls. See you later.”

I teleport to what looks like the spot Scootaloo would end up on. The moment I’m up, Scootaloo bursts through the cloud floor, obviously disoriented. “Nailed it.”

Looking ahead of Scootaloo, a pegasus stallion stops short of her. Apparently cloudmowing is a thing. I can barely make it out through the glare of the sun, but he seems to have a short rainbow mane and tail with an indigo coat. He has a shadow on the bottom half of his face. He seems to be wearing two layers of shirts, the undershirt just barely visible; the overshirt is a green polo. His cutie mark is a horseshoe over a rainbow that starts on a cloud.

“Oh hello. Are you alright, little ma’am?”

Before Scotaloo can start fangirling about who this stallion is, I pick her up above the cloud floor. “W-hey! Aita!”

“She seems that way. A-are you the parent we think you are?”

“If you’re referring to my Rainbow Dash, then yes. Bow Hothoof at your service.”

I nod with excitement and shake his hoof. “You have no idea what an honor it is to meet the father of one of my friends!”

“Hm… uh little sir, I’m flattered. Should I get Windy out here?”

Scootaloo starts hyperventilating at hearing the name of Rainbow Dash’s mom. “Breathe, Scootaloo.”

“Honey, we got company!” Bow happily shouts.

When Windy, as Bow called her while talking to me, opens the door, I can see she looks a bit like Rainbow Dash, the main factor in that having the same coat color. Her mane and tail are all bangs with a color of peach, and her cutie mark is a cloud blowing wind. She has two layers of shirts on too, but unlike Bow, the overshirt seems to be more of a sweater than anything else.

Windy gasps with excitement. “A juvenile changeling!”

“Hi. I’m Aita. You must be Windy, right?”

Windy nods. “Windy Whistles to be exact.”

“A couple friends and I were helping Scootaloo get to Cloudsdale to finish this opening project we have for the fall semester in school.”

“It’s a report on the most inspirational pony in each of our lives!” Scootaloo finishes. “I’m Rainbow Dash’s biggest fan!”

“Uh Scootaloo, what you say is impossible, because nopony is a bigger fan of our Rainbow Dash than us!” Bow reveals with his wings that his undershirt has Rainbow Dash’s cutie mark in the middle. Windy bobs her head up and down with excitement now.

Scootaloo’s eyes widen. “Whoa…”

“Why wouldn’t you be? You’re Rainbow Dash’s parents. Same applies between me and Twilight.”

“The Princess of Friendship adopted you?!?” Windy’s excitement is magnified now.

“And I’m from another wo-” I stop short when Bow shakes by hoof back, and quite forcefully.

“Oh what an honor! We should give the two of you the grand tour, you and Scootaloo!”

“Awesome! That’ll help so much on my report!” Scootaloo takes the camera out of her saddlebag, puts it on and snaps a photo of Bow and Windy’s house. “Come on Aita!” She calls, going after the others as they walk inside now.

I take a personal look at the house. It’s three full stories, complete with greek pillars at the entrance and the balcony above it. “Wow! They look just as wealthy as Rainbow Dash, if not more!”

“Aita! What’s the hold-up?”

I snap back to reality as Scootaloo calling me again, realizing Bow, Windy and Scootaloo. “Coming!” I shout as I catch back up.