• Published 14th Oct 2022
  • 608 Views, 3 Comments

Few - Birdring



When the sun sets, when the moon rises, when the waters are no longer dark, when time is up, you will forgive yourself.

  • ...
9
 3
 608

Wielding the sword

Dylan was in his house, standing looking at the table where the envelope was that had the paper Brannam had given him earlier.

Since that house was granted to him along with his citizenship he never felt uncomfortable being in the house that had a view of the corgo that descended from the vegetation above, even being at night it was possible to see the terrain and its natural roller coasters and the moonlight shining right in front of him, illuminating just the table as if some mystical shape was suggesting that he see what's in the envelope.

Dylan pulls out his chair and sits down, looks again into the moonlight, taking a deep breath and wishing it was no big deal, that tomorrow everyone will be at a frat meeting with the elements of harmony, that everyone is happy with the laughter of the day. flock as they walk to the new human's welcome party.

Dylan takes the smaller paper that has something written on top of the envelope and puts it on the corner of the table, he just now notices that the envelope is made of bread paper and was sealed with a small tape, just that it wouldn't open and what was inside didn't fall, how he managed to do that since he was supposed to be in a hospital bed was a mystery but better focus on something else.

He reaches out and takes the envelope and opens it with the fingers of his right hand, a handling advantage the locals didn't have. He promptly puts his hand inside and takes something out, pulling out something rectangular in black color, the object was easily recognizable, it was a VHS tape.

Dylan mentally remember that in equestria the place where you could see the content of the tape was in the cinema, one of the several works that Twilight brought to equestria, it was one of the attractions that most profited and they were really forming a strong market, there are stores that sell VHS tapes and even VCRs, but for those who only rented a tape for a few hours just went to the cinema, there was usually a tiny entrance fee.

Dylan opens the envelope again to take out several papers that were stapled together. This in the man's home world is something quite trivial, even more so in the digital world in which he lived, but here to get these things it was necessary to go to several stores. Brannam should go to the stationery store to get the envelope and the paper, he should go out, walk through the center of the city until reaching the ink shop and after that he should continue, pass the fair and in the butonica section turn left, because the product store electronics was close to where Twilight's old house was, hardly anyone could find these places without knowing a little about the city, he should have at least asked some pony.

But surely Dylan would be updated on the human's status, in fact, while under supervision Dylan had received a letter every 6 and 6 hours. Obviously with requests that Dylan visit the then-human, in fact, Dylan had wanted to go see him the previous morning, but the lack of news about the human left him a little perplexed as to whether he should go or not. Apparently Brannam left the hospital and got the objects he needed only to subtly communicate with Dylan and a young, bipedal alien well known for having seriously injured not only a loyalist but a thunderbolt doing this without actually being noticed. it's a considerable feat, even more so for a patient.

The man takes the paper and places it in a position to examine it and reads in a low voice to himself what is written on the cover.

100% Disabled

Supreme Court of the United States

________________

BRANNAM AXELSON, Petitioner

________________

On Petition for a Writ of Certiorari to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

Dylan blinks a few times, a measure of perhaps trying to read on, an attitude that proves useless as he places the paper on the table so that he only sees the blank back. Dylan leans back in his chair, looking again at that moonlight coming through the window. Even though his house was well lit with magical energy, with the lamps being sparks of fires that never stopped burning, it was intriguing to see how the moonlight also acted as a source of light. While looking from the moon and imagining the moon's trajectory in front of him, Dylan notices that in the corner of his eye there is a small white figure on the table.

Dylan takes and unfolds the smaller paper and the first thing he notices is that it was clearly written in a black pen, which is curious because in ponyville you only use a fountain quill. Dylan moves his torso and head away and places his fingers on the upper left and right ends of it so that he arranges it at a reasonable distance from his head in order to have a complete view of the paper that had about 6 lines written on it. This time the reading was mental

Many spend their lives in the incessant mission to correctly fulfill social demands, without any doubts or questions. Few become dead and need psychiatric follow-up because they can't stand the world that comes crashing down on them, a conscious trip to the bottom of the well.

After reading the message he feels that Brannam only communicates through metaphors. He is almost certain that some sublimated idea was conveyed on the track that he had not yet understood.

Your mind goes out of focus, trying to understand and put things in order. Without Dylan's will, the petition popping into his mind, he'd only endured reading to the cover, preferring to leave the many pages under the first blank page untouched, but what were they all about? And above all, petition of what?

Dylan turns his attention to the note in his hand, it only has a few lines written on it, but it seems to have a lot more depth and again that feeling that some unclarified idea reappears, an idea that Dylan would probably discuss with himself in the next few days if it really was what he wanted that was.

At least the small text was a little clearer. Only now does it come to mind what maybe Brannam was up to with these files, he wanted help, professional help. Needed something or someone to bury the dead, so that they "consciously hit rock bottom" Dylan tells himself.

Clearly the most important text was the note, the vhs and the petition inside the envelope was contextualization. Maybe Brannam wanted Dylan to send this file to the supposed Psychiatrist so he could get into some rehab program, but there's a catch...

Equestria does not have these services, in fact Ponian medical science is still finishing research to create vaccines against common pathologies and general surgery, ponies saw no violence and practically lived without getting sick, let alone suffering from mental disorders.

However, he still had a possible volunteer, Dylan wasn't sure, but Starlight's experience in mind control in the past piqued her interest in the subject, she proved to be quite effective in helping with the students' problems at her school, both so that before becoming a director, she was a counselor. But she never worked with really serious cases, just common teenage social disorders.

At the end of the reasoning it was obvious that on his next day he should take both the vhs and the petition to Starlight, would it really be a bore if she rejected the man of that new program she made, what's his name? It should be something that in the end has "Friendship"