• Published 14th Oct 2022
  • 608 Views, 3 Comments

Few - Birdring



When the sun sets, when the moon rises, when the waters are no longer dark, when time is up, you will forgive yourself.

  • ...
9
 3
 608

Just a little unbearable

"Comic"


Mutters Brannam who was sitting on the bed. He looks around again, he's never been a good observer, and that's why he can only think that the room "is too white". In order to see more colors he gets up and goes to the window, where as expected, the view was more colorful than the usual gray cell.

Seeing the green world and its structures was really a sensation.... how can one define the non-existence of sensation? For some reason Brannam could never feel anything for anything, completely without feelings. What for many would be a moment of a lot of crying, euphoria, the extremes of many emotions, for the man was just... random.

Brannam, who was reflecting on his own coldness, notices that there are four-legged creatures dotted in the vision, both in the garden a little below and in the town beyond. He puts his elbow on the railing, just observing the daily routine of the inhabitants. The old man was asking how the gardener would prune the twigs since he only had hooves and something sharp on his forehead, suddenly the pony's horn glows, bringing a spatula floating in an aura of the same color. Scraping off the twigs with ease, the being puts the object back in the saddlebag, he takes a cloth from his overalls pocket and wipes his forehead, he seems satisfied. The gardener looks at the main gate, the entrance and exit gates and notices the approach of some other ponies and decides to withdraw.

"At least he can stay in the same position to get the job done" thinks the man, turning his attention to what Brannam automatically calls 'Six ponies team' a parody of 'Six man team'. They easily pass through the gate and soon disappear from the old man's sight, entering the castle. Brannam notices the entrance and exit gate, it was barred and manned by two guards with puffy chests and raised chins in their golden armor. The man reflects on how easy it would be to escape, if he just jumped high enough to get his chest over the wall, how would they stop him? They didn't even have hands!

Brannam is tired of looking at the outside view now, the outside was intriguing but, as always for the old man, cloying. Now he turns to his bedroom door, he wants to leave. He didn't care if the creatures instead doping him and investigating him anatomically accommodated him, it was irrelevant, it was a random fact.

The wooden door was unlocked and after opening it he sees that the hallway is empty, strange, why a castle with several rooms if no one is going to use them? The lack of beings in the region was an advantage for Brannam as he didn't need to explain why he left the room.


-----------------------------------


After learning that a new human was in Canterlot, arrangements to bring in the elements of harmony were quickly made. In a short time the 6 were already inside the Castle.

As usual, Celestia greets them with her friendly tone "Welcome, looking forward to the new human?"

Twilight, who always liked the new one, lets her eyes shine with joy, showing Celestia her clear anxiety to see the Man "But of course"

Celestia, who has always admired her pupil, advises her to look her in the eye "It wouldn't be hasty, we'd better start at the beginning" She looks at the others "Don't you think so?"

Everyone nods and the quick silence is interrupted by Raibown dash who, as usual, was hovering "Where did you find him?"

"Incredibly he was in a restaurant." responds Celestia, not mentioning that the ponies got scared of the human and called the royal guard.

----------------------






Ah, that was the worst . Brannam had been walking around this castle for what felt like an eternity, and he was no closer to finding a way out. The faint murmur and crunch of hooves he heard echoing from God knows where kept him paranoid. He was dreading every turn, walking as silently as he could, heart pounding in my chest like a drum. Come on, this place can't go on forever...

So, finally, a ladder! Going down too. He was pretty sure he was pretty high but knows he's gone down at least six flights of stairs, probably more. So the next floor was at least progress. With a slight smile on his face, he continued his tour of the castle.

Another half hour of pilgrimage, darling! Another ladder.

More hiking, and amazing! A new flight of stairs. One of the walls was lined with windows, so he knew he was at least at the outermost end of the castle. If I kept to the edges, I'd have to find a door eventually. The rhythmic tapping of bare feet on the stone floor was the only companion he had now, his speech muffled long ago. He was starting to relax. Maybe everyone is gone? At least it was smooth. Yes, absolutely nothing would go wrong, smooth sailing from here on out.

The ninja walk turned into a walk, which turned into a walk as he turned the next corner... and immediately came face to face with a white and blond unicorn stallion. He screamed, he dragged his hooves, Brannam punched his muzzle, he fell and the man rushed past him. Why does this happen to me ?


---------------
Rainbown's ears perked up. "Did you hear that?"

Celestia turned to the source of the noise, her worried expression still firm on her face. "That sounded like my nephew..."

Running to the door. "We will!" she calls her colleagues.

It didn't take long to see the source of the sound, the tall, bipedal being was walking calmly while a guard was on the ground, stunned.



----------------------

You know... I would have killed to be able to say that. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I called after me, somehow controlling the scream despite my lungs burning and threatening to give up. "JUST LET ME GO!"

"No way!" I heard screams behind me, along with the rapid flapping of wings and the thudding of hooves on stone. I haven't eaten in days. I was sleepless. I could feel my limbs shaking, and my mind wasn't what it should be. But I didn't dare entertain the thought that my body would give in before I could get away.

I refused. I would absolutely not let these ponies see me fall. Come on, you are the most successful predator your species has ever seen! My breath was panting, irregular and rough, while my body was already preparing for a violent reaction. You dominated your own planet without magic, without help, long before you invented weapons and knives! These ponies are nothing compared to what you can do!

The idea of ​​starting to run crossed his mind, he had the advantage not in speed but in agility, but would it be enough for him to leave? Maybe he could if he jumped into some window not knowing where he would land, but that seemed impractical since they were almost on top of the man.

So why run? I was so tired of running. Of running my whole life, competing against the non-existent. So tired of being scared, of being afraid of what I might do to myself and others. A wide smile stretched across my disheveled face. And why would I be afraid of ponies?


I had the upper hand here. Why should I run? I am a predator, she is prey. I stopped and turned around, crouching down to get ready just in time for Rainbow to hit my chest. I was sent sprawled across the floor, but I was still able to lock my arms around his belly. I kept my smile despite the pain in my chest, a husky laugh rising from my very dry throat.

"I caught..."


Applejack and the others fell behind their cyan speedster, huffing and puffing. "Rainbow... cosarn it, STICK WITH TH'GROUP!" They kept running for some time, barely managing to catch the prismatic trail Rainbow had left in her wake around corners. "RAINBOW!" Applejack yelled, irritation seeping into his tone. A thick, meaty thud and a grunt of pain pressed even harder, slowly pulling in front of the group until she turned the next corner to see Rainbow on top of Brannam , the human's arms locked tightly around her body.

"Got it..." Twilight shivered at the dark tone of Brannam's voice, a deep, dead voice. She and the others stopped as Brannam rolled over and pinned Rainbow to the ground, her body pushing hers into the stone floor and her hands clasping her throat.

No... no, no, no, no!" The lavender pony panicked, looking between her friend and her ward, not knowing what to do. If I try to stop him , I could hurt you, but if I don't...

Brannam pressed harder, and Twilight could have sworn she saw something catch the light rolling down her cheek. "I never wanted this!" He screamed, the pegasus trapped beneath him gasping for air that wasn't there. "Why don't you just LEAVE me ALONE! You STUPID PONY!!!" Rainbow's red eyes rolled to Applejack, tears rolling down her furry cheeks and terror clear in her eyes.

The choice was taken from her. Twilght galloped forward just as Brannam's eyes met hers.

They looked the same . His eyes held the same fear. He knew he was going to die here, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Twilight closed her eyes tightly, concentrated on her horn....

She kept her eyes closed, breathing heavily even as Rainbow continued to gasp and gasp. Celestia walked past her, examining the pegasus.

Without a word, she and the fallen mare disappeared in a flash of light.

"H-Oh I didn't mean to... For God's sake, I didn't mean to kill him..." Twilight rambled, "You guys saw it, right? H-he was hurting Rainbow, I d- I had no choice!" She shivered, her legs giving way under her. Sitting on her hind legs, she pulled one front paw against her chest to calm her racing heart. "I s-just wanted to stop him! I should take care of him, make him healthy, keep him calm..."

A wing at her withers made Twilight gasp, looking into her shy companion's bright eyes. "You didn't mean…" Fluttershy half-whispered, leaning against the lavender pony. "He was... scared. And suffering, in a very dark place. He wanted for this to end."


Twilight stood there, absolutely stunned. There were absolutely no words she could use in response. Instead, she lowered her head and covered her face with her hooves. The mare sniffed a little, trying her best not to break.

"...Girls?" Fluttershy's voice rang out in the silence, "He's alive...he tried to say something when Twilight hit him." The mare in question tried to cringe even further at the mention of hitting the human, before the words really caught on. When she sued him, however, she immediately stood up.

"You have to help me take him to the hospital!" she screamed. "Come on!" She slipped her head under one of the limp man's arms, trying to find a way to drag him. When no one else moved, however, she frowned. "LET'S GO! We can't play around here anymore! Help me!"

Clearing her throat, Rarity tried to reason with the farm pony. "Honey... are you sure this is a good idea? He tried to kill our friend."

Applejack turned to her "Well, do you have a better idea?!"


-----------------------

My head hurts. My throat burned. My limbs were heavy and numb.

Then the Usual.


Lying on a bed, a powerful blow to the head, feeling like shit. Well... I thought, it looks like they caught up with me. Speaking of...

I opened my eyes, scanning the area. In addition to the physical presence of myself and the bed, the room only had a window.

I closed my eye, trying to minimize the concussion-induced migraine pain. I laughed, the right side of my mouth curving into a bitter smile.


"Well I did. We can't all get what we want." I tell myself, obviously getting no response.