• Published 28th Jan 2024
  • 1,176 Views, 148 Comments

In Equestria - ARandomLonelyDude



I'm here because of circumstances beyond my control and now I serve the horrors. Being fluffy is cool though.

  • ...
8
 148
 1,176

Chapter 23: Concern (rewritten)

Darkness.

There was only darkness.

It didn't know where it was or why it was but it was content with the darkness. The peaceful, warm, and quiet darkness. There were a few echos every now and then but it ignored all that for it wanted to remain content.

Suddenly, there was pain. Unimaginable pain. It could not cry out as it pained from everywhere. There was a message to the pain, a warning. A warning against failure. It had failed. It was so close but it had failed, all thanks to its incompetence. It was sad and scared and in pain and it deserves it no matter how much it hated it.

Its master hated it, rightfully so, for it had failed. Its master told it to not fail a second time for if when master returned to see failure, it would be purged of anything good, anything comfortable, and filled with pain and only pain. It could not whimper, not scream, not cry, not curl up, nothing. It could only fear.

The darkness and the quiet was dissipating. There was a sound, a rythmic sound that went 'beep' every few seconds. The darkness was replaced with a deep red. It could feel something under it, something on its arm, and something on its body.

Suddenly, there was light, bright painful light, for a few eternal moments. It screamed in its mind with confusion until it remembered. It had opened its eyes. Its beautiful, seeing eyes that master gave it despite it being wretched and disgusting and a failure undeserving of anything good. It closed its eyes, freeing itself from the torment of the light and letting it return to the beautiful darkness that only came because master allowed it.

There were so, so many sensations all around it; all gifts from its master, all that could be taken away at the first hint of failure. There was hearing, there was smell, the was touch, there was taste, there was Fear.

It opened its eyes once more, the light being far too merciful than it should be to a thing like it. It looked around, seeing beautiful things, all thanks to master's generosity.

It lay on a bed in a room with mostly white walls that were decorated with pictures of happy little things. There was a machine that made the melodious tube with the beep every few seconds. It knew the medicine had a band and it had the name at the tip of its tongue but it could not remember. Master had said that it would be allowed to remember if it succeeded in eliminating master's enemy.

It looked down at itself and saw it was covered with ugly dark green coloured fur and had brown hair that sprouted out of its head. It didn't need a mirror to know that it was hideous and the fact that its master cared for it spoke volumes about his kindness.

A section of the wall that was painted brown swung inside, a door, it remembered... Why was it happy? The door opening meant that someone had come inside the room, someone who migh- no, who will try to harm it. As far as it knew, only master would never harm it ever in any way for anything.

It watched as a fat pink pony with purple and white hair waddled into the room with a thing- a notepad, in her hoof. It could feel fear along with a hint of disgust at the sight of the ugly rotund thing and how her body stretched and moved and squished in oh so many horrible ways that made it seem like her skin was going to break apart and let even uglier things spill out.

Thankfully, nothing of the sort happened. However, the pony approached the bed it lay on. It wanted to run away but the best it could do was shy away a little bit, making it loathe how pathetic and weak it was.

"Hey there, how are you feeling?" the pony asked, her voice full of sweetness and kindness and gentleness and love, but master had educated it about the dangers that these creatures pose with their siren calls. It remained silent but the fear on its face gave the pony her answer.

"Okay," the pony said, her voice just as sweet and kind, as she wrote something down on the notepad. She continued, "What is your name?"

It would have remained silent but its master had told it that this question was important and that it had to answer. However, it did not trust itself with making an answer without the guidance of its master. Master wasn't there though, and it would have to work without master.

"M- my name," it croaked in a voice that was high in pitch and grating. However, it took a few moments to think what it would answer next. It had a name, it knew, but master had taken it away when master took its memories and so, it could not give that name as an answer. Thinking harder, it found that it had only one answer and that answer came from one of the very few memories that master had left it with, a fuzzy memory from a long time ago.

"My name is... Anonymous," it answered. The pony seemed shocked at the name but it, now Anonymous, ignored the shock for the pony was not even a lowly beast in front of the brilliance of its, now her, master and she had no right to even think, let alone say out loud, that 'Anonymous' was a bad name.

"Your name is Anonymous, as in, that's what it is?" the pony questioned, her voice kind and worried. Anonymous nodded wordlessly. The pony processed that and accepted it, like she should have the first time, and wrote down something else on her notepad.

"Do you know where your parents are?" she asked as she continued her interrogation. Anonymous would have remained silent but Anonymous's head hurt upon hearing that question. There were a few flashes in Anonymous's head and those flashes were memories of pain and fear. The most prominent was of a hand coming down to hit Anonymous. Anonymous's master was kind for taking away those memories. However, the flashes were enough to bring tears to Anonymous's eyes.

The pony saw the tears in Anonymous's eyes and tried to reach out to Anonymous. Anonymous, with the memories of pain still fresh in her mind, shrunk away from the hoof as fast as she could, giving the pony a clear message to stay away.

The pony understood the message and took her hoof back, looking pained as she did. Surely, her pain was false and a trick to guilt Anonymous.

"You must be hungry," the pony said to change the subject. She wrote down more stuff on her notepad before continuing, "I'll get your lunch in half an hour."

With that, she turned around and left the room, letting Anonymous breathe a sigh of relief. She had much to do and she couldn't let these ponies get in her way.


Nurse Sweetheart exited the room which held the filly that had been brought in yesterday. So far, she had nothing good to say.

First of all, the filly had lied about her name and that was because she was terrified. Sweetheart didn't know what she was terrified of but it couldn't be something good. Next, the filly's reaction to being asked if she knew where her parents were and how she reacted when the nurse tried to comfort her made the case more concerning.

The fact that she had been found in the forest, and that there had been no missing reports made about a teenage green pegacorn filly pointed to one thing in Sweetheart's mind.

The filly had probably run away from a home where she was not missed or she was abandoned.

The nurse shook her head and continued to doctor Greymane to tell him of the filly's status. Whatever the case, the filly needed help.

Author's Note:

REWRITTEN SINCE THE LAST PART GOT CUT OFF


if life is road blocks, be the kill-dozer

please comment

dw the pony gets renamed and isnt anonfilly that you might know