• Published 25th Sep 2022
  • 534 Views, 39 Comments

Livestream - bahatumay



There's a new streamer in town, and she's shaking things up.

  • ...
4
 39
 534

Chapter 11

Cozy Glow?

Pipp’s eyes flicked over to the chat. Many question marks and confused reactions streamed upwards. It didn’t seem like anypony recognized her name. “Oh, Cozy Glow,” she said slowly, like she’d recognized her, trying to stall for time.

But Cozy-in-Zipp’s body saw through it. Her attitude switched in an instant. “Don’t lie to me!” she roared, eyes narrowed and teeth bared.
Pipp flinched. This was definitely not her sister.

“You know why?” the pony who was not Zipp asked. “Why nopony knows me? Nopony remembers me? It was Twilight Sparkle. She hid me away. Said my crimes were too great to risk my escape. She tried to bury my memory, cover me up. She even moved my statue deep into the Everfree Forest.”

“She’s a baaaad girl,” Izzy said, watching the screen even as she galloped.

“One pony didn’t think I deserved that fate. That I was just a filly, that maybe I wasn’t beyond help. So he pulled my magical essence out of the statue where I’d been imprisoned, and transferred it into a crystal.” She held up her necklace. “This crystal. He thought he could communicate with me, maybe even get me out, keep me in a mirror or something.” She smirked. “Too bad he didn’t know that when a pony’s magic gets concentrated like this, it can override another pony’s natural magic, since it’s spread out through their whole body.

“I hated being a stallion. But I didn’t have a choice. Magic was fading from the world, and he didn’t always wear it. He suspected, though. When he left the village, he left it behind.

“And then imagine my surprise when I could open my eyes again and I was on a princess. I was missing something,” she said, waving a hoof over where her horn would be, “but I adjusted quickly. This world is amazing. The technology you have is just fantastic.

“But magic had returned, stronger than before. Zipp’s natural magic was strong enough that I couldn’t hold control for very long. Everypony’s was. Unicorn magic used to be geared towards one talent and didn’t glow like a rainbow. Earth ponies couldn’t always make plants burst out of the ground.

“And yet, despite all that… you’re all! So! Stupid!” She glared at the chat and pointed towards the camera. “Every last one of you! So many ponies, desperate for somepony to tell them what to do, what to think. Pipp, pipp, ho-” She blew a derisive raspberry. “Nopony even questioned my methods. Where I came from. Why I was offering advice in the first place. Not a single pony. All you’ve done is prove that you need somepony to lead you, and I don’t mean that airheaded bimbo doing that dumb accent on the throne now. Somepony to tell you what to do because you’re all stupid foals who don’t deserve magic. None of you do! You don’t even know what magic is capable of.”

And then a vine wrapped around her leg and yanked her back against the wall.

“And you don’t know what friendship is capable of,” Sunny said, breathing hard but glaring defiantly.

“Oh, it’s you,” Cozy said, dismissively, kicking herself free. “Sorry, silly filly, sheer dumb luck won’t help you this time.” She tittered. “Come on. I have Zipp’s memories. I know your story. A dumb little foal with her head in the clouds falling into success you don’t deserve.”

“That’s not true,” Pipp defended her.

“Isn’t it?” Cozy asked airily, still looking at Sunny. “You just happened to have the earth pony gem in your house the whole time? Your single insipid flying friendship lantern just happened to wind up with the most mentally deficient unicorn in Bridlewood? You just happened to run into the one pegasus who-?”

But that’s as far as she got, because Izzy had taken this opportunity to light her horn and launch the chair at her.

She torqued her body to dodge it. “I wasn’t done!” she shrieked.

“My bad,” Izzy said darkly, lifting a lamp in preparation to throw it next. “Mental deficiency, you know.”

But Cozy was ready this time. She flapped her wings hard, blowing it out of the air and letting it smash on the ground, all while hovering in place. In the split second where Izzy looked for something else to throw, Cozy swooped down and buzzed by her, kicking her horn as she passed.

Izzy cried out and stumbled backwards, rubbing her horn, which left her open for Cozy to shoulder-check her into Pipp, who couldn’t respond in time. They collided with a shriek, and Pipp found herself pinned under the still-stunned unicorn.

“You are under arrest,” Hitch bellowed, mostly out of instinct than anything else, and he charged at Cozy.

She tucked in her wings and rolled, grabbing him in a chokehold. “You don’t have jurisdiction,” Cozy taunted, and with a beat of her wings, she launched them both into the air. Hitch screamed and struggled as he was suddenly high off the ground.

“Let him go!” Sunny shouted.

Cozy shrugged. “Ok.” And she did.

Sunny gasped. Thinking fast, she grabbed Zipp’s bed and threw it, cushioning Hitch’s fall.

“Idiots,” Cozy repeated scathingly, and she stuck her tongue out. With that final taunt, she smashed through the window and flew off into the distance.

They all looked at Sunny. Even the chat, which was a constant stream of emojis, seemed to be demanding an explanation.

One she did not have.

“That,” she said, sounding and looking like she was about to be sick, “was weird.”