• Published 8th Oct 2022
  • 377 Views, 29 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Frightening! - WatchTower1992



A rewrite of the canon in which Fluttershy replaces Twilight Sparkle as the protagonist.

  • ...
 29
 377

Sections 25-28

The day after my birthday, Applejack invited me to Sweet Apple Acres. “It was very kind of you to invite me here, Applejack,” I told her. “Much obliged, Fluttershy,” she answered. To help me feel more comfortable around the farm, she gave me a guided tour.

Sweet Apple Acres was a farm; there were many animals on it, including chickens. “I have a chicken named Elizabeak at home!” I told Applejack when I saw the chickens on the farm. “I’d like to mosey on over to your cottage someday!” she answered with excitement. Just then, Winona—Applejack’s dog—came walking up to us.

Winona panted and wagged her tail. “Your dog is cute!” I remarked, and proceeded to pet her with my wings. “She sure is, Fluttershy!” agreed Applejack. The Earth pony taught me the proper way to pet Winona.

My eyes grew wide. “Applejack, may I help you take care of your animals, please?” I asked Applejack eagerly. “I appreciate your offer, sugarcube, but I just can’t let you,” she answered. My face fell, I hung my head, and I slowly trotted away.


“Hi, Fluttershy,” said Twilight Sparkle, who let me into her house. I trotted in with a look of disappointment on my face. “What’s the matter?” she asked me. I took a huge breath before telling her what had happened.

“Applejack won’t let me care for her farm animals,” I told Twilight. I closed my eyes and hung my head. “She does have a point, you know; there’s more to running a farm than animal care,” she explained. I turned around and started to cry.

Spike came walking up to Twilight and me. “Did somepony hurt your feelings?” he asked me. “Mm-hm,” I whispered to him, still shedding tears. Twilight decided to nuzzle me, as did Spike.

Twilight gripped a quill and a scroll with the magic of her horn. “How did you want to help Applejack, anyway?” she asked me. “I thought that Applejack would be sad if the animals on her farm got sick,” I answered. She wrote my thoughts down as I told her them.


While I stayed behind with Spike, Twilight Sparkle took her notes with her to Sweet Apple Acres. “Howdy, Twilight,” said Applejack in an unenthusiastic voice. “Is something wrong, Applejack?” asked Twilight. Applejack doffed her hat and proceeded to explain her feelings to Twilight.

Twilight, using her horn, opened her scroll and held it up for Applejack to read it. “I’m very good at taking care of animals, and that’s why I wanted to take care of those on your farm,” said Applejack, reading the notes. “Now do you understand that you hurt Fluttershy’s feelings?” asked Twilight. Before answering, Applejack re-read the notes and thought long and hard about Fluttershy and her friendship with her.

“I’m a might sorry that I hurt Fluttershy’s feelings,” confessed Applejack. Twilight smiled upon hearing Applejack’s apology. “I can be awful stubborn sometimes,” added Applejack. She trotted away to fetch Winona.

“Come on, Winona,” called Applejack to her loyal dog. On cue, Winona came running to Applejack’s side. “I reckon that you’ll love to be with Fluttershy,” Applejack told Winona. Twilight trotted beside them all the way to her library.


“Fluttershy, may I have a word with you?” asked Applejack, who arrived outside the Golden Oak Library with Winona. Spike and I were enjoying the fresh outdoor air. “Applejack?” I asked, very much surprised by her arrival. Applejack looked straight into my eyes.

“I hurt your feelings, and I’m sorry for it,” confessed Applejack. Winona witnessed her caretaker’s humility toward me. “I forgive you, Applejack,” I answered sweetly, and spread my wings to give Applejack a hug. She accepted the hug, and Winona licked my front leg.

Applejack let me pet Winona again. “I have to confess that I might need somepony else to look after Winona sometimes,” she told me. Winona panted and pulled a literal puppy face. “I would love to look after her!” I cried.

Applejack felt pleased with herself when she trusted me with Winona. “Take good care of her, you hear?” the Earth pony reminded me. Spike beamed at Winona and me. “I promise I will!” I told Applejack, who headed back home.