• Published 8th Oct 2022
  • 377 Views, 29 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Frightening! - WatchTower1992



A rewrite of the canon in which Fluttershy replaces Twilight Sparkle as the protagonist.

  • ...
 29
 377

Sections 21-24

In the gardens behind my cottage, I was sitting down on a spacious picnic blanket with Angel and enjoying the pleasant weather. “Don’t you just love this weather, Angel?” I asked him. He nodded his head vigorously in reply. “I wish that every day of my life could be just like today—peaceful!” I thought.

After quite a while of good cuddling and quality time with Angel, I made him his favorite lunch. “Fluttershy has to go now,” I told him in a motherly voice. Now that he was happy, he nuzzled me sweetly; I nuzzled him back and smiled. “Now play nicely with all the other critters!” I told him, and then, I left my cottage.

I went for a leisurely trot around Ponyville. “Nopony’s outside today; I wonder why,” I thought. I decided to visit Pinkie Pie at Sugarcube Corner. “I’d love to have a nibble of something sweet for once,” I reasoned.

I knocked on the front door of the bakery, but nopony answered. “That’s strange; Sugarcube Corner is usually very busy,” I inferred. I peeked into the sweet shop through the windows. “Those goodies look very good to eat!” I thought, and licked my muzzle.


“Tomorrow is Fluttershy’s birthday!” chirped Pinkie Pie in excitement. “Fluttershy needs to know that we truly appreciate her,” said Twilight Sparkle. “How can we surprise her without scaring her?” wondered Pinkie. “I know exactly who can help us with that!” answered Twilight, and winked.

“I can help out with the weather!” suggested Rainbow Dash. “Then make sure that the weather is positively perfect for the poor, petrified pegasus!” warned Pinkie in her sternest voice. “Count on it, Pinkie!” promised Rainbow. “You betcha!” answered Pinkie, and she and Rainbow linked tails.

“A birthday party needs food—and lots of it!” said Pinkie. “Fluttershy likes healthy food more than she likes your delicacies,” warned Applejack. “Oh, well—more room for me!” sighed Pinkie. “I reckon that she’ll just love apples,” thought Applejack.

“Pinkie, darling, may I make a suggestion, too?” asked Rarity, raising her hoof. “It had better be for the party, Rarity,” Pinkie reminded her. “It is, darling; I’d like to decorate the park so that Fluttershy will feel welcome there,” explained Rarity. “I do want everypony to feel welcome,” conceded Pinkie.


The very next morning, I woke up to another peaceful day. “Hi, Angel!” I told my bunny, and he hopped forward to cuddle me. I gave him a lift onto my back with my wings. “I hope that I can have two days in a row with nothing to scare me!” I thought as I slowly trotted outdoors.

Spike was waiting for me outside my cottage. “Hi, Fluttershy!” he cried with excitement. He made a gesture for me to pick him up. “OK, Spike, but what’s going on this morning?” I asked after giving him a lift onto my back.

“Here’s our stop, Fluttershy,” Spike told me once he, Angel, and I arrived at Ponyville Park. I stopped trotting and sat down to let Spike and Angel off my back. “The park is nice and quiet,” I remarked. Spike walked away, leaving Angel and me alone.

“You know, I wish I could see my pony friends again,” I told Angel. At that moment, Angel and I could hear the sweet singing of songbirds. “Oh, my goodness—this day just gets better!” I thought. I listened to the singing birds and soon heard more voices singing along.


“Happy birthday, Fluttershy!” said Spike, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie—very softly—all at the same time. It seemed to me that all my friends knew how much loud voices scared me. “Oh—my—goodness!” I cried, and started to shed tears of utter joy. I joined everypony in a group hug, while Spike hugged Angel.

“We threw this birthday party just for you, Fluttershy,” Twilight told me. All I could do was blush on the spot. “Yeah—because we love you!” explained Pinkie in a sweet cooing voice. Everypony was being very kind to me.

“Don’t you just love the divine décor that we set up here?” asked Rarity. I nodded my head after looking at all the beautiful decorations. “And the muzzle-licking apple-based baked goods that we whipped up?” asked Applejack. I could not resist the appealing aroma of the apple fritters or the apple pies.

“We will always remember your birthday, Fluttershy,” said Rainbow. I could tell by the perfect weather that she was telling the truth. “You made my birthday very sweet!” I cried. To show my appreciation, I helped myself to some delectable apple-flavored ice cream.